• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN module removed from osC2.2 rc2 ?

jmroth

Ah ok, looks pretty much like the IPN module.

Allow me one question: where it the part that checks whether the IPN was successful?

What I mean is when I start going to the Paypal site, but never finish there, but instead manually input the URL checkout_process.php, the status is set to "Paid" too (in before_process()). Obviously, that is bad...

Regards,

Marc

No, the Pay Pal Website Payments Standard module is nothing to do with the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN module, which can be found here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2679

My advice - don't use anything after the Novemner 2006 v1.4 download

This module was written for osCommerce 2.2 MS2 and not RC1 or RC2 versions.

Vger

If the Order Status says "Preparing Pay Pal IPN" then it hasn't been paid, and if they bypass part of checkout and go straight to checkout_success.php then the Order Status will not get updated to "Completed".

Vger

Hi Marc..

I see the Paypal IPN module has been removed from the newest release. Why?

In 2.2RC2, the PayPal IPN module (paypal_ipn) has been renamed to PayPal Website Payments Standard (paypal_standard).

But they can call checkout_process.php! It will update the status to PAYPAL_..._ORDER_STATUS_ID. Try it!

This has been fixed in 2.2RC2 with additional checks in checkout_process.php.

:heart:, osCommerce

I see there have been changes to checkout_process.php in RC2 (and some to the payment module too) but none of which seem to address the issue I mentioned. As long as I have a valid session I can just manually go to checkout_process.php for my order to be set to the new status.

Can you point me to the code which shall check it, maybe there is some other flaw with my installation.

(So that noone can complain, I have actually upgraded my installation to RC2 and tried with Paypal Standard.)

Hi there,

to be completely sure I have installed a vanilla RC2a:

Once at checkout_confirmation.php one can simply call checkout_process.php, which will then redirect to checkout_success.php and set the new status (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STANDARD_ORDER_STATUS_ID).

I am however only relying on PayPal Instant Payment Notification to tell me whether the payment was _really_ made or not, so like that one can circumvent that.

My fix is documented at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=291119

Regards,

Marc

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi Marc..

In 2.2RC2, the PayPal IPN module (paypal_ipn) has been renamed to PayPal Website Payments Standard (paypal_standard).

This has been fixed in 2.2RC2 with additional checks in checkout_process.php.

Harald (or anyone else that would know),

I manually installed PayPal Website Payments Pro (US) Direct Payments onto a 060817 version of osCommerce. I uploaded the new files that came with each addon but I think something may be missing. The credit card validation does not appear to be functioning.

Am I supposed to make some modifications to the checkout_process.php or anyother existing script in the 060817 release?

Thanks for taking the time to reply! :thumbsup:

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE