• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Item title not passed to PayPal

My store is up and running using payment module - Credit/Debit Card (via PayPal). We are able to process orders and everything seems to run fine except that the item title is not being sent to PayPal. When we go to the paypal web site to check our payment the Item Title: section is filled out with our store name. We can not tell what the person purchased. How do we fix this ???

My store is up and running using payment module - Credit/Debit Card (via PayPal). We are able to process orders and everything seems to run fine except that the item title is not being sent to PayPal. When we go to the paypal web site to check our payment the Item Title: section is filled out with our store name. We can not tell what the person purchased. How do we fix this ???

i think thats how its set, i get the same

Hi Mike..

Passing each product to PayPal is not possible due to the strict checks made against the product cost, product quantity, order total cost, order shipping, and order tax values passed to the gateway. Due to the dynamic nature of calculating order totals on the catalog side, using an additional order total module, such as the low order fee module, would fail PayPal's calculations due to a mismatch with the order total cost value.

It is not possible to pass custom order total values to PayPal so this feature is not supported, and only the name of the online store is passed with the transaction.

:heart:, osCommerce