• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with new categories

egliteaw

you must be inserting them wrong, Categories will show even with no products associated with them.

check the documentation

I have been following the documentation. This is not a new site...has been up and running with no problems for a year. When I did the initial set up I had no problem with adding categories. Now I can add them and will see them in admin but the categories and any products in them do not show on the site. I also cannot see the "Status" of the category in my admin pages any more, but have not made any changes to my OSC installation...my host installed a patch recently for security bugs but that should not have affected my OSC.

I have been following the documentation. This is not a new site...has been up and running with no problems for a year. When I did the initial set up I had no problem with adding categories. Now I can add them and will see them in admin but the categories and any products in them do not show on the site. I also cannot see the "Status" of the category in my admin pages any more, but have not made any changes to my OSC installation...my host installed a patch recently for security bugs but that should not have affected my OSC.

Bump...

Any ideas what could cause the status radio buttons to disappear on the category pages? Any way to check the status without them?

When I add a new category in the admin tool, the new category is not showing up in the list on my site. There are products in the category. Please help!

Do you have the cache turned on? If so, you have to clear it before you'll see new things in the category tree.

Tools-cache control- then click all of the recycle icons.

Ed

Archived