• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

lightbox 2.03.3 installation

Hi guys, I know there are other topics already for Lighbox but they go back to earlier version and have many different coding suggestions to fix problems.

This is where I am at:

1. Did a totally fresh OSC install,

2. Did a STS install,

3. Inside Admin I switched on STS default and directed the it to my template file,

4. I installed Lightbox 2.03.3

I have read the install.txt file over and over and followed it exactly, as follows:

1. I uploaded all the files, maintaining the directory structure.

2. I edited my template.html file in the includes/sts_templates and added this inside the header:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/js/prototype.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/js/lightbox.js"></script>

3. I then opened the "includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php" and searched for:

$template_pinfo['product_popup']= '<script language="javascript"><!--'."\n".

'document.write(\'<a href="java script:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . (int)$products_id) . '\\\')">' . $template_pinfo['imagesmall'] . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>\');'."\n".

'//--></script>'."\n".

'<noscript>'."\n".

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">'.$template_pinfo['imagesmall'] . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE .'</a>'."\n".

'</noscript>'."\n";

} else {

$template_pinfo['imagesmall'] ='';

$template_pinfo['imagelarge'] ='';

$template_pinfo['product_popup']=''

}

which is not identical to the code, the actual code has an additional ";" on the last line ( $template_pinfo['product_popup']=''; } instead of $template_pinfo['product_popup']=''} )

It is also suggested in the install.txt file that this is located roughly on line 80, it appears at line 46 for me, anyway I replaced the above code with:

$template_pinfo['product_popup']= '<a rel="lightbox" href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" title="'. $product_info['products_name'] .' - '. $manufacturer['manufacturers_name'] .'">'.$template_pinfo['imagesmall'] . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE .'</a>'."\n";

} else {

$template_pinfo['imagesmall'] ='';

$template_pinfo['imagelarge'] ='';

$template_pinfo['product_popup']='';

}

Now, the install.txt file says "That's all. Good luck"

Which is where I am at now, I have done everything the install.txt file says and I still have the same pop-up I had before.

The only thing I have done in the Admin section is activate the default page of STS.

I haven't edited the product_info.php in the main catalog page at all, as there is no metion to do so in the install notes.

does any1 know if I am missing something? or has any1 encountered the same problem?

any help would be greatly appriecated.

Ok, I kept plugging away and reading stuff and I came across this tip:

1. Change the location of the java scripts from the file:

catalog/includes/sts_templates/{your template name}/sts_template.html

<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/js/prototype.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/js/lightbox.js"></script>

to

/catalog/product_info.php

2. Copy the info from lightbox.css to stylesheet.css Microsoft Explorer dont like two css files in one go.

Take away the line

<link rel="stylesheet" href="lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" /> its not needed any more.

3. Take away the old popupscript in /catalog/product_info.php

at line 27

remove

<script language="javascript"><!--

function popupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res

izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le

ft=150')

}

//--></script>

at line 108

remove

<script language="javascript"><!--

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="java script:popupWindow('' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');

//--></script>

<noscript>

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>

</noscript>

and replace with

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank" rel="lightbox">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>

Hope this will help

I did as above, but left the CSS files as they were and it works perfectly, so thx to Erik Svensson for that tip, and I hope any others that encounter the same problem will get some use from this thread.