• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom Computer Creator v6 Released!

sw45859

Looks good - one thing though.

admin/includes/classes/order.php

just befor your change , you also need to change

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("select orders_products_id, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_tax, products_quantity, final_price from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($order_id) . "'");

to:

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("select orders_products_id, products_id, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_tax, products_quantity, final_price from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($order_id) . "'");

note the addition of products_id in the query string.

hope this helps...

Unexpect the Expected

Hi,

i get this error on build.php 266Warning: Failed opening 'member_shortcuts.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:php4pear') in C:testcatalogbuild.php on line 266

line 266:

<td><?php include("member_shortcuts.php"); ?>

Also, if you have configuration going, and if you disable the images button, you have to start over?

Other than that, GREAT work!!!! (((:-)) Been waiting so long for this.

Thank you for your contribution!!

Nouck

Hello,

newbie to this oscommerce and it looks really good and so does this contribution but being that never messed with it the docs are very thin for my unix challenged brain.

So probably silly questions but I don't want to FUBAR the working oscomm I got going.

I assume that I just do a mysql catalog < testdb.sql

and this adds the proper tables to the already seutup db ?

The editing at the begining of the readme. What if I don't have any categories setup yet. ? Do I need to get set them up first or just make sure when I add them that I use the number I use in the edits. ?

then upload to proper dirs ?

Thanks

MD

thanks mouflon for putting that out there i guess i missed that, *sigh* guess that wasn't the final version.

nouck: just comment out that line and all should be well, that was a customization done to my site.

freebird you have basically got the idea just edit all the files, run the sql file on the database, then when setting the categories, just use the category id for the relevant categories.

No problem - glad to help. New version very timely. On Sunday, I was just rolling up my sleeves to add exactly what you have put into version 6, and *POOF*, there was the new version.

Thanks for a great contribution.

Unexpect the Expected

Hello,

newbie to this oscommerce and it looks really good and so does this contribution but being that never messed with it the docs are very thin for my unix challenged brain.

So probably silly questions but I don't want to FUBAR the working oscomm I got going.

I assume that I just do a mysql catalog < testdb.sql  

and this adds the proper tables to the already seutup db ?

try create empty catalog first.. in command prompt:

mysqladmin create catalog

then you can copy oscommerce.sql to directory where mysql at.

mysql catalog <./oscommerce.sql

that is it.

Nouck

The editing at the begining of the readme. What if I don't have any categories setup yet. ? Do I need to get set them up first or just make sure when I add them that I use the number I use in the edits. ?

then upload to proper dirs ?

Thanks

MD

Excellent Module :!:

How can it be modified to preselect a particular configuration :?: For example, currently the drop down menu displays "Please Select" for each category, I am looking to display a specific component for each category and at the same time total the individual component prices. From there the surfer can change the individual components to their preference.

Thanks

the please select has to be there because the value of it is 0 or nosel and for the required items if the customer doesn't change the drop box it wont update the variable in turn it could say *motherboard* but the value wouldn't be there, kinda hard to explain this late at night, but i saw someone who tried it with the contribution and it wasn't working very well.

Exactly my situation now.

I found the lines to edit in custom_computer.php:

$mb_array = array(array('id' => 'nosel', 'price' => 0, 'name' => "nosel.jpg", 'text' => PULL_DOWN_REQUIRED));

and have the descriptions updating automatically... but the price and image updates only when ANY category component is changed. There has to be a way... right :cry:

well all you anxiously waiting for the next version, it should be out in the next day or so, a few changes to the look, not many though, and added an admin area for setting the categories, trying to keep the actual editing of php files down to a min, also user e-mail is no longer used(hopefully) and the custom_builds table is now gone, as there is no use for it at this stage in the mod, any way keep your eyes open it'll be out soon.