• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

Hi Snowman,

I just can't get it. When I try to run your changes on my database, this is the error that I get:

Database shop running on localhost

Error

SQL-query :

ALTER TABLE `affiliate_affiliate` ADD `affiliate_newsletter` CHAR( 1 ) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL

MySQL said:

Duplicate column name 'affiliate_newsletter'

----------------------

Can you tell me if there is a reason for the catalog/includes/languages/english/affiliate_news.php file containing all of that banner and link info instead of news info?

Maybe I have the wrong file.

Thanks again.

as i said...add these lines to your sql if you havent already..

it would appear you already have the affiliate_newsletter update in place in the sql.

Now just update your files with those supplied in the latest patched release

Snowman,

--My Question: My sales arent being registered. The clickthru's are registered, but the referal code is dropped after the first page and sales dont go through on the affiliate side of the admin.

(they are registered in the regular sales area.)

I finally got it working :-) Since my store is not in live yet, I just wiped out everything and deleted my database and just started from scratch. I reinstalled 2.2MS2. Then I reinstalled the Gift Voucher/Coupon mod. Then I reinstalled osAffiliates 2.02 and the bug fixes that were posted yesterday.

Works like a charm. This is probably one of the best and most useful mods ever written for OSC.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Snowman,

--My Question: My sales arent being registered. The clickthru's are registered, but the referal code is dropped after the first page and sales dont go through on the affiliate side of the admin.

(they are registered in the regular sales area.)

are you just testing this yourself on your own system or have you had others register as affiliates and try?

make sure you have cookies enabled.

sounds like the cookie isnt being stored.

Cookies are enabled. I have about 15 affiliates 3 of which are generating many sales (2-5 a day each) (I wouldnt make sales from these areas if not for them.)

COULD this be a server side problem? If so, how could he fix it? It works on one domain, but not the other, I dont think it is a script problem for this reason.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the great mod!

I am having a few problems though:

1) The VAT (TAX)-ID is missing. It was there but now its gone. :unsure:

2) In the affiliates area (main website) affiliate news shows this:

Choose the banner or link you want to display on your website from the choices below:

Seems wrong?

3) On banner links I get the following error:

Parse error: parse error in /home/www5/html/catalog/affiliate_banners_banners.php on line 135

4) On the text links page I get the same thing:

Parse error: parse error in /home/www5/html/catalog/affiliate_banners_text.php on line 148

5) On affiliate news in the ADMIN area when I click on new item I get the following:

TEXT_NEW_AFFILIATE_NEWS

How do I go about changing that?

6) If I go to index.ALT.php I get these errors:

BOX_ENTRY_SUPPORT_SITE

BOX_ENTRY_SUPPORT_FORUMS

BOX_ENTRY_MAILING_LISTS

BOX_ENTRY_BUG_REPORTS

BOX_ENTRY_FAQ

BOX_ENTRY_LIVE_DISCUSSIONS

BOX_ENTRY_CVS_REPOSITORY

BOX_ENTRY_INFORMATION_PORTAL

Pretty much everything is like that.

Also on this page affiliate conversion % is different then on affiliate summary.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me and sorry for all the problems.

:)

I'm trying to test the affiliate system the sales report keeps stating on status "Deleted (Admin)" Any idea why that is? Is this a precaution to keep affiliates from making sales themselves?

I'm trying to test the affiliate system the sales report keeps stating on status "Deleted (Admin)" Any idea why that is? Is this a precaution to keep affiliates from making sales themselves?

Have you changed the setup of your status'es in your store???

in affiliate_configure.php make sure you specify the number of your processed status.

in the default configuration, Processed is status 3.

just select the final status in your store so that the sale only shows up on the affiliates summary and reports once the product has been delivered.

seems as though you havent upgraded your sql.

What version were you using before now?

'affiliate_commission_percent' was introduced into the system back between version 0.4 and 0.5 quite some time ago.

You better check thru the changelog and apply the changes to bring your satabase up to version 2.

I keep having troubles on the checkout_process with the affiliate sale not going into the database correctly...

1062 - Duplicate entry '0-1' for key 1

insert into affiliate_sales (affiliate_id, affiliate_date, affiliate_browser, affiliate_ipaddress, affiliate_value, affiliate_payment, affiliate_orders_id, affiliate_clickthroughs_id, affiliate_percent, affiliate_salesman) values ('1', '2003-10-20 18:06:32', 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; MSN 8.0; MSN 8.5; MSNbMSNI; MSNmen-us; MSNcIA)', 'my ip address', '29.99', '1.2', '', '4', '4.0000', '1')

I've tried all kinds of stuff with this - reinstalls, drop and reload of database, still nothing is resolving this issue.

This is on a new install of oscommerce MS2 with osaffiliate 2.0

I've just installed the latest release of the affiliate mod on the latest milestone oscommerce shop. The catalog side of things is working great. this mod looks really good!

problem is, when i go to the admin section half of the admin screen loads and then this error comes in

1146 - Table 'remote2.TABLE_AFFILIATE_SALES' doesn't exist

select count(*) as count, sum(affiliate_value) as total, sum(affiliate_payment) as payment from TABLE_AFFILIATE_SALES

as far as i can tell the table seems to be in the database.. and other tables are working from the catgalog section??

I've also tried using the index.ALT.php file and that makees no difference..

would really appreciate any help that might be out there.

thanks everyone!

I've just installed the latest release of the affiliate mod on the latest milestone oscommerce shop. The catalog side of things is working great. this mod looks really good!

problem is, when i go to the admin section half of the admin screen loads and then this error comes in

1146 - Table 'remote2.TABLE_AFFILIATE_SALES' doesn't exist

select count(*) as count, sum(affiliate_value) as total, sum(affiliate_payment) as payment from TABLE_AFFILIATE_SALES

as far as i can tell the table seems to be in the database.. and other tables are working from the catgalog section??

I've also tried using the index.ALT.php file and that makees no difference..

would really appreciate any help that might be out there.

thanks everyone!

You havent completed the install.

You need to add the tables to the database.php file in admin/includes.

Have another good read of the instructions.

I keep having troubles on the checkout_process with the affiliate sale not going into the database correctly...

1062 - Duplicate entry '0-1' for key 1

insert into affiliate_sales (affiliate_id, affiliate_date, affiliate_browser, affiliate_ipaddress, affiliate_value, affiliate_payment, affiliate_orders_id, affiliate_clickthroughs_id, affiliate_percent, affiliate_salesman) values ('1', '2003-10-20 18:06:32', 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; MSN 8.0; MSN 8.5; MSNbMSNI; MSNmen-us; MSNcIA)', 'my ip address', '29.99', '1.2', '', '4', '4.0000', '1')

I've tried all kinds of stuff with this - reinstalls, drop and reload of database, still nothing is resolving this issue.

This is on a new install of oscommerce MS2 with osaffiliate 2.0

It would appear that you already have data in your affiliate sales table.

Delete all data out of this table and try again.

affiliate_orders_id is not set. Most likely a fault in the installation (wrong possition of include in checkout_process)

Thanks for the advice..

I added the tables to the file admin/includes/database_tables.php

and it solved the problem.. but raised a new one.

I'm not sure if i'm missing something really obvious here..

Once in the admin section all the affiliate related links are displayed in the format of :

BOX_AFFILIATE_BANNERS or BOX_HEADING_AFFILIATE etc etc.

also in the affiliate.sql file it instructed that "Any tables you add here should be added in admin/backup.php" - should that read admin/includes/database_tables.php ?

I'm sorry if i'm off track here. I really appreaciate your help and work. thanks.

Looks like your missing links to the affiliate_application_top.php and to the language files.

As i suggested earlier.... revist the readme file as you appear to have either missed or incorrectly done a few key parts of the installation process.

Go thru each step and retrace what you have done dobule checking each step one at a time.