• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

The install went fine without making this alteration though, and i think i love it.

Glad to see you got it sorted, it is worth having this contribution as it does all the hard work for you and all your affiliates do is place a banner. It does have a few minor bugs but they don't affect customer end usability.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Glad to see you got it sorted, it is worth having this contribution as it does all the hard work for you and all your affiliates do is place a banner. It does have a few minor bugs but they don't affect customer end usability.

Are these bugs anything i should know about? i dont wanna get sued because i missed a payment ;)

My website's address is in My Profile, since it's not allowed to be in my signature.

Are these bugs anything i should know about? i dont wanna get sued because i missed a payment ;)

some problem where you can't have more than 2 tiers and the category image link doesn't work. the create affiliate account page isn't exactly ideal as it doesn't have a pop-up box linked to the jsfile

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Anybody know how to track tiers? I want to know which webmasters have refered which other webmasters, but i cant find anywhere to get that info.

i looked in the SQL database, but i dont see entries of that type there either.

Edited by SeanB

My website's address is in My Profile, since it's not allowed to be in my signature.

Anybody know how to track tiers? I want to know which webmasters have refered which other webmasters, but i cant find anywhere to get that info.

i looked in the SQL database, but i dont see entries of that type there either.

you don't... you only can find out from a sale because the sale will show both your affiliates on different %bands for the same order number

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

The affiliate tier info has to be stored somewhere, either in a config file, or in the SQL database.

Who on the programmer side of things do you think we could ask about this?

Ahh, this project is sourceforge driven, i'l see who i can find.

Edited by SeanB

I got ahold of the guy running this project. The next version has it included, and he's hoping to get it out soon.

I think I found the SQL tables that hold the information, but I'm not gonna bother trying to make code for it. 1) i could be wrong 2) he's already done it and i'm not impatient.

I got ahold of the guy running this project. The next version has it included, and he's hoping to get it out soon.

Out of curiousity, who do you think is running this project, or more to the point who claims to be running this project? If you are refering to HPDL, the last post from him I can find is dating back to June 2006 and any before that were a really long time ago.... and as for snowman, according to his profile he's been banned since March 2006 and hasn't posted or uploaded anything since.

From what I can see in the downloads section there have been a staggering 10 different contributors who have uploaded 12 versions, addition or modification of this contribution in 2006 alone.

Most of us were all under the impression that no individual was running the oscAffiliate show (so to speak).

For clarity sake, kindly elaborate.

Thank you.

CHOOCH

If the tier system is the same as in my very old release, then the tier information are stored in the affiliate_affiliate table.

The system to store it is called "Nested Sets" (original developed by Joe Celko, i think).

You need the fields lft and rgt (root) to determine alle subs and level of an affiliate. Should only be one query to get all the information.

The other possible model is the parent_id model, (like used in the categories), but this has huge performance problems if you have a lot of tiers. (some may have experienced this with the categories ;) )

The contribution is just one big mess now. I wouldn't use anything after v2.5a plus a few bug fixes.

Sad to here this. I stopped developing it and wanted to release a new version with the so called upcoming MS3...

Perhaps wirh the next osC release in some years ;) i start again...

Edited by henri

I stopped developing it and wanted to release a new version with the so called upcoming MS3...

Hi, it's very nice to hear a word from one of the early developers of the affiliate contribution :thumbsup:

As Vger says, too many people have messed up the contibution with adding their own 'bits and bobs' to it without realising the implications to others because the coding was patchy to say the least. Unfortunately this pattern has been copied to many other contributions too.

I am still waiting for a reply from SeanB to see who is releasing a new version. This is a very important contribution so it will be interesting to see what the next release will entail.

CHOOCH

Hi, it's very nice to hear a word from one of the early developers of the affiliate contribution :thumbsup:

As Vger says, too many people have messed up the contibution with adding their own 'bits and bobs' to it without realising the implications to others because the coding was patchy to say the least. Unfortunately this pattern has been copied to many other contributions too.

I am still waiting for a reply from SeanB to see who is releasing a new version. This is a very important contribution so it will be interesting to see what the next release will entail.

Just out of curiousity - does anybody have a complete feature list somewhere - what is supported and what isn't?

Out of curiousity, who do you think is running this project, or more to the point who claims to be running this project? If you are refering to HPDL, the last post from him I can find is dating back to June 2006 and any before that were a really long time ago.... and as for snowman, according to his profile he's been banned since March 2006 and hasn't posted or uploaded anything since.

From what I can see in the downloads section there have been a staggering 10 different contributors who have uploaded 12 versions, addition or modification of this contribution in 2006 alone.

Most of us were all under the impression that no individual was running the oscAffiliate show (so to speak).

For clarity sake, kindly elaborate.

Thank you.

In the readme file for the OSC affiliate install, there's a URL for a sourceforge project. There, i found an email for a guy named "Snowman20" or something (i'm not at home right now)

I had asked him for the information on the affiliate tiers location so i could code an addition myself, and he told me not to bother, since he'd already done it, full affiliate tracking was included in the next release, and that he hoped to have it out by the end of the month.

That's all i know.

That's all i know.

Now I know who you are talking about now - thanks for shedding some light on the matter.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

• 2 weeks later...
I have been researching and working on getting my images for my affiliate working. However, no matter what I try, I get no joy. I have installed the SQL tables, verified them, double checked the install and read every page relating to ver 2.6 of osCAffiliate. I tried the emails in the readme files, but they were bounced.

Can anyone point me to a working version using 2.6 or give me some idea how to get the images to work. It's been brought up numerous times with no results. I am using option 2 (for tracking) in the affiliat_config file and I would like to keep it that way.

Also, if we can contact the original programmers, I think that would be a big help.

I recently PMd coolcl, but she has had no luck either. This seems to be a real challenge so any help would be grateful.

Have you found a solution to the images not showing up yet? I too am having that issue. Any help is appreciated

Tony Mazz

Have you found a solution to the images not showing up yet? I too am having that issue. Any help is appreciated

My first post here so be gentle.

I have just installed affiliates and I had this problem also. I think it may be windows related???

anyway to fix it I followed these steps...

check to see if you have success in finding the file by setting debug mode on in includes/affiliate_configue.php and copy and paste a broken link image location in a new window

ONCE you have a success at the bottom....

right click a broken banner and copy the link, open it up in a new window

you may see some errors at the top of the file, these all need fixing :)

open affiliate_show_banner.php

line 90 thro 96, you need to put the isset function into there like so...

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['ref'])) $affiliate_id=$HTTP_GET_VARS['ref'];
 if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['ref'])) $affiliate_id=$HTTP_POST_VARS['ref'];

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['affiliate_banner_id'])) $banner_id = $HTTP_GET_VARS['affiliate_banner_id'];
 if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['affiliate_banner_id'])) $banner_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['affiliate_banner_id'];
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['affiliate_pbanner_id'])) $prod_banner_id = $HTTP_GET_VARS['affiliate_pbanner_id'];
 if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['affiliate_pbanner_id'])) $prod_banner_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['affiliate_pbanner_id'];

finally line 110

change

if ($prod_banner_id) {

to

if (isset($prod_banner_id)) {

worked for me

Edited by pizzacheaze

Hi! Thanks for the reply & PM pizza. I tried your suggestions with no differences. I did finally get the images to work, however I had to create a new directory for my images and place a copy of each of my images in to it. Basically when I debugged it I found that the show banner is not placing the / between the 2 directories. For example /catalog/images - becomes catalogimages. So by creating a new image folder named catalogimages the problem is solved for now. Does anyone know how to correct this without changing the main configure file. When I change the main configure file none of the images work on the site at all. Thanks again, Tony...

Tony Mazz

Hi i installed 2.6 i have some probs

1. there is mention of filename.php in readme which doesnt exist in oscommerce

2. how do i add affiliates or how do people singup as affiliates?

I am new here so it thats dumb question forgive me

Regards

Nik

Edited by sandclock

Hi! Thanks for the reply & PM pizza. I tried your suggestions with no differences. I did finally get the images to work, however I had to create a new directory for my images and place a copy of each of my images in to it. Basically when I debugged it I found that the show banner is not placing the / between the 2 directories. For example /catalog/images - becomes catalogimages. So by creating a new image folder named catalogimages the problem is solved for now. Does anyone know how to correct this without changing the main configure file. When I change the main configure file none of the images work on the site at all. Thanks again, Tony...

ahh i think that was easier than what I had to contend with

if you search the forums for affiliate_show_banner.php you will find plenty threads explaining how to insert the / in

Hi i installed 2.6 i have some probs

1. there is mention of filename.php in readme which doesnt exist in oscommerce

2. how do i add affiliates or how do people singup as affiliates?

I am new here so it thats dumb question forgive me

Regards

Nik

1) It is includes/filename.php (and admin/includes/filename.php)

2) Generally people signup for affiliates, but you could do that for them, pretending to be them. They just click the join affiliate link and fill in all the details

Edited by DeadDingo

I'm gonna give this another shot, see if anyone knows yet.

I want to manually edit the affiliate tiers of some of my affiliates. I'm pretty sure i've found the information in the SQL database, i just dont know for sure.

Take a look at this, it's from the table affiliate_affiliate

affiliate_id		affiliate_lft		affiliate_rgt	affiliate_root
1		1		2		1
2		1		2		2
3		1		2		3
4		1		2		4

hopefully that formatting holds, if not i'l edit it. I'm sure this is the data i need to edit. If you could take a look at your rows, where you know someone was refered by someone else, maybe we can come up with the answer. As it is now, I am #1, and #2 #3 #4 are all separate. I want them to all be downline of me.

any thoughts? the "next version" which is apparantly already done, just pending release right now, apparantly has all this in it, but i'm losing faith there.

Edited by SeanB