• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

you are using a template my friend... it could be many issues including the hard coding that those templates have, you better go over your affiliates install again step by step and hope it works.

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I am getting thie error below. ANyone know the fix?

Maybe this is the problem...

Fel
SQL-fr?ga: 

INSERT INTO configuration
VALUES (

'', 'E-Mail Address', 'AFFILIATE_EMAIL_ADDRESS', '<[email protected]>', 'The E Mail Address for the Affiliate Program', 900, 1, NULL , now( ) , NULL , NULL 
);
MySQL sa:  

#1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'configuration_id' at row 1

I got that when i tried to insert the info into "configuration_group" table.

Any help on that?

I am getting thie error below. ANyone know the fix?

that is the same question copied and pasted from a post by Guldstrand

Guldstrand didnt post a reason how he fixed his issues so I guess the best thing is for you to PM him and ask.

In my opinion it could be related to your version of mysql, which version is on your server?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I have been researching and working on getting my images for my affiliate working. However, no matter what I try, I get no joy. I have installed the SQL tables, verified them, double checked the install and read every page relating to ver 2.6 of osCAffiliate. I tried the emails in the readme files, but they were bounced.

Can anyone point me to a working version using 2.6 or give me some idea how to get the images to work. It's been brought up numerous times with no results. I am using option 2 (for tracking) in the affiliat_config file and I would like to keep it that way.

Also, if we can contact the original programmers, I think that would be a big help.

I recently PMd coolcl, but she has had no luck either. This seems to be a real challenge so any help would be grateful.

Anyone can buy a camera... it's what you do with it that counts!

Sticky Pod

www.stickypod.com

Which area are you failing to get the images to work?

I could never get the categories to work, but the products and banners all worked fine.

In the end i edited the code to remove the categories option.

Strange, I never noticed this problem before because I don't use image links - only text links. When I have free time I will try to re-create the problem and see if it is down to the new updated contributions or if was hereditory.

CHOOCH

From what I read, the categories ones have never worked.

The way my shop is set up, it is better for me not to have the categories sections for the affiliates anyway. But I am sure others would like it to work.

One thing I would like though, is for the individual products links to use the thumbnail view instead of the full size image. (My fullsize ones are 800x600+)

Also, in the build a product link "Click Here: to view available products." area, I made it show the model number as well as the product name and number, but is it possible to eith show the thumnails as well, or make the number a clickable popup link to show the item?

Another thing I did in the build a products link was to add a forums friendly version of the link, if anyone is interested then please let me know and i will post the changes

From what I read, the categories ones have never worked.

The way my shop is set up, it is better for me not to have the categories sections for the affiliates anyway. But I am sure others would like it to work.

One thing I would like though, is for the individual products links to use the thumbnail view instead of the full size image. (My fullsize ones are 800x600+)

Also, in the build a product link "Click Here: to view available products." area, I made it show the model number as well as the product name and number, but is it possible to eith show the thumnails as well, or make the number a clickable popup link to show the item?

Another thing I did in the build a products link was to add a forums friendly version of the link, if anyone is interested then please let me know and i will post the changes

I have just double checked.. the version i installed for a client doesn't have a categories banner build link, this feature must have been added in a later release.

CHOOCH

Ive just started using OSCommerce, and i think i want to employ this module. But i have a bunch of questions before i start.

1) are there any alternatives, or is this considered the "best" module for employing affiliates, by which i mean allowing them to link products and customers and get a commision.

2) This question was asked back in 2005 on the oscaffiliates forum, and has yet to get an answer. Theorize this. (names are used for clarification only) Rezolles referes a customer to my website. Customer makes a purchase and rezolles get's a commision. a while later, customer returns to my website and makes another purchase on his existing account, but get's to my website via memory, NOT a link from rezolles. Does rezolles get another commision?

3) Who is the one making the updates to this project now? the oscaffiliates main website seems dead. no updates in a LONG time, however the contributions section here at oscommerce is often updated.

4) Given the nature of my site, people MAY decide that they want to take thier commisions in the form of a discount against product and merchandise. Is this possible?

5) My next modification is the wishlist mod, anyone know if there's any known complications here?

I guess that's it, until i take a closer look at installing it. Thanks!

Edited by SeanB

My website's address is in My Profile, since it's not allowed to be in my signature.

Ive just started using OSCommerce, and i think i want to employ this module. But i have a bunch of questions before i start.!

1) it is the only one that i know of.

2) if the second order is from the same cookie in the browser then it will trigger another sale for the affiliate. oscaffiliate won't look at who referred you, it looks at the id in the url link and sets the cookie.

3) it's open source, anyone who has time can do it but at the moment no-one in particular is doing it.

4) if you want to pay a commission via check, paypal etc you can..... but affiliates has nothing to do with giving discounts against various items.

5) no complications with oscaffiliates and wishlist

your best bet is it to add this to afresh install and play around with it to see if you like it and if it suits your needs then you should use it.

CHOOCH

Thanks! I'm gonna do just that. I've got a fresh install just for that purpose, just wanted to make sure it was worth the install time :)

it will be... :D

CHOOCH

The install went great, up to this point.

FILENAMES.PHP in CATALOG
ADD
define('FILENAME_CATEGORIES_INFO', 'index.php');

I dont have a filenames.php in my catalog directory, or anywhere that i can find.

The install went fine without making this alteration though, and i think i love it.

Anyone know where this file is? or why i dont have it?

My website's address is in My Profile, since it's not allowed to be in my signature.

anyone cares about my problem??

I only just installed OSCAfiliate last night, but one of the first things i did was look around to see if i could help you with that. Unfortunately Vger is right, there's no easy way to re-write that.

Sorry.

Commissions are based on percentages of the sale price. That's the way the whole module works. No one here is going to rewrite it for you.

Vger

I only just installed OSCAfiliate last night, but one of the first things i did was look around to see if i could help you with that. Unfortunately Vger is right, there's no easy way to re-write that.

Sorry.

Or maybe if I can set the percentage is calculate based on the margin??FOr example.

A modem.

Selling price : $500

Buying price: (I buy from distrobuter) $455..

Margin $45

Can the percentage calculate the margin which is $45?

This is because if i set percentage from selling price it is not worth for me because I only markup $45 (profit).If i set 10%...it will be $50...I'm totally loss a lot...

Can understand my situation now??

I can understand your situation fine - you're dropshipping, and the answer is still "No" because there's no way of defining what the margin is. Sure - you can rewrite the contribution, but no one's going to do that for you.

Vger