• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

Hello,

I would like to know if 2.5a is stable and if I'd need to implement all suggested bug fix in the dl list while installing for the first time.

Thanks ;)

++

Yes, you are clear. You can set up an affiliate percentage rate based on Tiers - but you cannot tie that into the amount sold.

Vger

What's the mean of "Percentage Rate for the Tierlevels"? what's it's use?

Percentage Rate & Tier Levels:

You can set a percentage rate for just one tier level e.g. each affiliate gets 10%.

Or, you can set up Tier Levels e.g. Tier 1 gets 10% Tier 2 gets 2%, so if someone comes to your site from an affiliate link (Affiliate A) and signs up themselves as an affiliate (Affiliate B), then affiliate B gets the first level percentage e.g. 10% but Affiliate A also gets a kickback of 2% on sales made by Affiliate B.

Vger

What's the mean of "Percentage Rate for the Tierlevels"? what's it's use?

Read This previous post to get an idea of what it means.

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Read This previous post to get an idea of what it means.

Hi Aleem,

For what is worth I did a collection of some earlier posts I saw on this thread most of it is yours I think. yours. It will be useful to include it with the next version of the affiliates documentation may help people to understand better its operation.

Tiers

it works by applying one percentage if a sale is made from a 1st Tier Affiliate, with the 1st Tier affiliate also getting a lower percentage if the sale comes from a 2nd Tier affiliate (signed up for the program by the 1st Tier affiliate)

The affiliate system doesn't show admin via who the 2nd tier signed up BUT when a sale via an affiliate link is made, it shows up 2 commissions instead of 1 for the same sale/order number.

If tier is set to " 10.00;5.00; " then the affiliate sales page will show up the affiliate name and commission rate (10%) and underneath that line, the same line is repeated with the same order number but the affiliate name and commission rate (5%) are changed - as the order number is the same and the fact that the affiliates are listed on one on top of the other means you can attribute the who signed up via who.

Someone registers as an affiliate by signing up at your site. They then create text/banner links to show on their websites and people click those links to come on to your website. If they purchase an item then it generates an affiliate commssion

BUT... if the person clicks a link and comes on to your site and does/doesn't buy any items but registers as an affiliate as well, then thats where the second tier kicks in.

All affiliates have a basic commission for their direct sales but a second tier rate is made for affilaites who introduce affiliates. There isn't any expiry date set for 2nd tier sales yet but the cookies are what makes it all happen in flow.

if you want to adjust the affiliates rates goto your osc Admin->Affiliates->Affiliates click edit, change the comission to what you want.

Tiers Configuration

SCENARIO ONE: You set an affiliate rate at 18%. You affiliate (affiliate A) adds some text links on their site which brings customers to your site and they buy some items from you. This means affiliate A will get 18% of the sale so to speak - simple.

SCENARIO TWO: You set the 'use tier levels' to true and set levels at 18.00;7.00 What will happen is that affiliate A has introduced affiliate B to you via his site, therefore if any sale is made on affiliate A's site he is not subjected to tiers as he was not introduced via another affiliate.

In the meantime a customer arrives at your store via a link from affiliate B's webite and generates a sale. affiliate B will get the 18.00 part of the sale and affiliate A will get 7.00 of the sale. Basically 25% in total.

You must make sure you get the figures right or all hell will break loose. If you set the master affiliate at 18% then the tier must be set at 18.00 and whatever 2nd rate you want (1%, 4%, 7%) the reason is because you can't tell an affiliate they will get less money than a master rate because they were 'introduced'

The way you should tackle this is by having a reasonable master rate (and SAME higher tier rate) followed by a very small tier rate just keep the introducers happy.

I am using 10% for the master rate and the tier is set up as 10.00;2.25 so this way I will pay between 10-12.25% per affiliate sale.

For example sake: You can of course set the tier to whatever you want and also the individual percentage rate so that a master rate for a very good performing affiliate is 18% and your average ones get 12% but

do bare in mind you have to advertise your rates and adjust them after informing your affiliates that they will get the more beneficial rate.

Use your catalog to create an affiliate and then generate some code to fake a tier affiliate by creating another, so you have two affiliate accounts - one on each tier. Then, make lots of test sales adjusting the rates and tier levels etc and look at what happens in admin/affiliate_sales.php

Hi Aleem,

For what is worth I did a collection of some earlier posts I saw on this thread most of it is yours I think. yours. It will be useful to include it with the next version of the affiliates documentation may help people to understand better its operation.

Hi Mark,

I think the original affiliates contribution never had the tier system set up and the follow-up MS2 version and it's updates which did have tiers set up, was never updated in the 'read me' txt file.

I was looking at updating a working version of this contribution with an updated instructions file but I have been occupied with too many other things to get this off the ground. One of the biggest problems is with the 'hack' which allows downloadable products to be accessed straight after the checkout and it also updates the affiliates and generates commissions!

I am experimenting at snails pace trying to see if there is a way to stop affiliates commissions being updated/added if the 'hack' is applied - if I am successful then I will look in to adding a full version if no-one else is going to do it.... Or if I dont get the time, I can try to add an updated 'read me' pretty soon.

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I'm having a problem with affiliate payments. Basically, when I click on affiliates->payment, no payments show up. It shows this: Displaying 0 to 0 (of 0 payments). Under admin->configuration->affiliate program, I have the following Billing time set to 0, biling time set to 0, and payment threshold set to 0. This *should* guarantee that at least something should show up.

If the affiliate actually logs in, it shows this under affiliate report->sales report:

Your current earnings amount (excl.) to: $41.87

So, I know that the user has some money owed to him, but nothing shows up. Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks!

Andrew

Okay, figured it out!

Apparently, I had the settings backwards. The module took the order min status to mean the numbering on the order system. Thus, pending started at 1 and it ended with in transit at 7. I had to reverse this order to make it work correctly. Hope this helps anyone else who had it mixed up.

Andrew

I'm having a problem with affiliate payments. Basically, when I click on affiliates->payment, no payments show up. It shows this: Displaying 0 to 0 (of 0 payments). Under admin->configuration->affiliate program, I have the following Billing time set to 0, biling time set to 0, and payment threshold set to 0. This *should* guarantee that at least something should show up.

If the affiliate actually logs in, it shows this under affiliate report->sales report:

Your current earnings amount (excl.) to: $41.87

So, I know that the user has some money owed to him, but nothing shows up. Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks!

Andrew

Excluding tax from payments.

I'm currently trying to exclude tax from payments. e.g. if the order becomes $100, I have to pay the person $108.25 (california tax). My question is:

1) Is it lawful to do this?

2) If it is lawful, how do I avoid the automatic tax that is added?

3) Is tax only added if the affiliate is from california?

Thanks!

Andrew

Excluding tax from payments.

I'm currently trying to exclude tax from payments. e.g. if the order becomes $100, I have to pay the person $108.25 (california tax). My question is:

1) Is it lawful to do this?

2) If it is lawful, how do I avoid the automatic tax that is added?

3) Is tax only added if the affiliate is from california?

Thanks!

Andrew

I been using affiliate programs for the last 7 years in the adult scene, and me being the affiliate is the one responsible for declaring my taxes not the program owner. Affiliates have to sort their own tax returns out. Just declare your own.

Best

Dean

Hey,

I recently installed osCAffilate on my site. However, when a registered affiliate logs into the affiliate section and clicks on "Affiliate Summary", the following errors appear:

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/affiliate_summary.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/izilla/public_html/affiliate_summary.php on line 24

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/affiliate_summary.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/izilla/public_html/affiliate_summary.php on line 24

affiliate_summary.php line 24 says:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_AFFILIATE_SUMMARY);

I checked and there is no FILENAME_AFFILIATE_SUMMARY in filenames.php. Did I forget something during the install? Any help would be appreciated. ;)

It's more likely that this file: 'includes/languages/english/affiliate_summary.php' does not exist, or that permissions on the folders leading to it are not 755 to allow the files inside those folders to be read.

Vger

It's more likely that this file: 'includes/languages/english/affiliate_summary.php' does not exist, or that permissions on the folders leading to it are not 755 to allow the files inside those folders to be read.

Vger

It doesn't exist. Where do I get the file? I don't think it was included in the download. Also, is there a way for the Affiliates to preview the banners and text links? For example, it shows what the banner/text link looks like above the code.

In the osC Affiliate v 2.5a that file is definitely there in the download, and the Banner or Text Link should show above the code..

Vger

Thanks Vger, I redownloaded osC Affiliate v 2.5a and realized that 2-3 files did not get uploaded during my original install. However, it works now. Thanks!

One more question...I need to manually edit the html code that is copied and pasted by the affiliate. I only need to edit specific banner codes, not all. Is there a way I can manually edit them through the database or by editing the source code. Or is there an update that allows the the owner to edit it easily through the admin panel. Please advise.

Thanks,

Kurt Heinrich

You can try editing them through the database - other than that the answer to your questions is "No".

Vger

One more question...I need to manually edit the html code that is copied and pasted by the affiliate. I only need to edit specific banner codes, not all. Is there a way I can manually edit them through the database or by editing the source code. Or is there an update that allows the the owner to edit it easily through the admin panel. Please advise.

Thanks,

Kurt Heinrich