• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

Agh, sorry - but we were talking (partly) at cross-purposes. URL's only get rewritten if they have a class of their own in the seo cache file. Other page URL's not covered by the rewrite remain as they are.

This is what we did when we added a new class to cover the Product Reviews Approval add-on:

$seo_pages = array(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 
					   FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 
					   FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE,
					   FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS,
					   FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO,
					   FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE,
					   FILENAME_REVIEW_NOTICE);

switch ($p2[0]){ 
			case 'products_id':
				switch(true){
					case ( $page == FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO && !$this->is_attribute_string($p2[1]) ):
						$url = $this->make_url($page, $this->get_product_name($p2[1]), $p2[0], $p2[1], '.html', $separator);
						break;
					case ( $page == FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS ):
						$url = $this->make_url($page, $this->get_product_name($p2[1]), 'products_id_review', $p2[1], '.html', $separator);
						break;
					case ( $page == FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO ):							
						$url = $this->make_url($page, $this->get_product_name($p2[1]), 'products_id_review_info', $p2[1], '.html', $separator);
						break;
					case ( $page == FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE ):							
						$url = $this->make_url($page, $this->get_product_name($p2[1]), 'products_id_review_write', $p2[1], '.html', $separator);
						break;		
					case ( $page == FILENAME_REVIEW_NOTICE ):							
						$url = $this->make_url($page, $this->get_product_name($p2[1]), 'products_id_review_notice', $p2[1], '.html', $separator);
						break;														
					default:
						$container[$p2[0]] = $p2[1];
						break;
				} # end switch

If you compare those code blocks with the original then you'll see what's been added.

Vger

Vger,

I just went completely through the affiliate signup process and looked at every page. This is really really wierd. The only page that is like that is the signup.php page every other page is normal. I have no idea as to what or why this is because its a whole seperate page itself.

Do you have any ideas or thoughts as to why this is?

Thank you,

Sorry, but this is not really a problem with osC Affiliate - you are trying to extend it to be included in the url rewriting applied by Ultimate SEO URL's. I've tried to offer some help, but I don't have the time to get drawn too deeply into this.

Vger

If you have a problem with affiliate_payment.php in different languages

.... then it's likely that your SQL code is missing the affiliate payment status settings for the languages. In my version the SQL file only contained the English ones:

INSERT INTO affiliate_payment_status VALUES (0, 1, 'Pending');

INSERT INTO affiliate_payment_status VALUES (1, 1, 'Paid');

so when you went to affiliate_payment.php in a different language, your payments did not show.

Luckily, this was easy to rectify - I just added the 2 states for all my other 3 languages:

INSERT INTO affiliate_payment_status VALUES (0, 2, 'Offen');

INSERT INTO affiliate_payment_status VALUES (1, 2, 'Bezahlt');

INSERT INTO affiliate_payment_status VALUES (0, 3, 'Pendiente');

INSERT INTO affiliate_payment_status VALUES (1, 3, 'Pagado');

INSERT INTO affiliate_payment_status VALUES (0, 4, 'En Suspens');

INSERT INTO affiliate_payment_status VALUES (1, 4, 'Pay?');

The language code (second letter) or the languages you use may be different for your shop so please tweak as required and then just run the code in PHPMyAdmin or whatever you use to amend your database.

Hope this helps somebody with the same problem. Big thanks to Jeffz who made me aware of this problem in the first place.

all the best, Terra

Edited by Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

The whole idea of the support thread is for people to read them to find a possible fix before posting a question that already has been asked and answered. It took took me around 4 minutes to go back and skip through the posts to find that page - you can find it too.

The answer is to the question is no, you cannot set the date to zero and start billing affiliates. The fact that you posted your original query on 28th April and that today is 28th May means we are on day 31 from your post, so if you try billing now, it will work.

There is a more complicated way to do it to manipulate the affiliates module in processing the billing immediately but it's slightly awkward so I won't go in to it yet.

The tough part of this is to actually have to wait for 30 days after installing before you know that the billing works and that the affiliates module was added correctly or not, but we were all in the same boat.

Try your billing now, it should work

Just set billingtime to -1

than you can test at once, at least at my old release it worked.

From the old Faq:

Q: Having sold something to a customer via the affiliate link - the sales do show up properly in the affiliates page.

But i can not Bill it. I set the threshold down to 3 but I can not get any bill having set. Whenever I press the "Start Billing"-Button it says "Your Affiliates have been sucessfully billed" - but nothing had been billed.

Do I do something wrong?

A: - Have you set the status of the order to delivered?

- Have a look at: admin/includes/afiliate_configure.php:

define ('AFFILIATE_BILLING_TIME','30'); // Orders billed must be at leat '30' days old.

// needed if a order is refunded

Set this to -1 to bill at once

Edited by henri

The admin/includes/affiliate_configure.php is totally different now from the original one and that code isn't there to manually edit in the latter versions of the affiliate contribution....

...... Yes, the -1 scenario does still work but remember, the threshold must be reached before any form sales shows up in admin and before affiliates can login and see the sales.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

The admin/includes/affiliate_configure.php is totally different now from the original one and that code isn't there to manually edit in the latter versions of the affiliate contribution....

...... Yes, the -1 scenario does still work but remember, the threshold must be reached before any form sales shows up in admin and before affiliates can login and see the sales.

Hello chooch after searching for 2hrs yes 2**!*hrs I finally found this thread by search google http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q...yment&meta=

anyhows what I want to say thanks this does work and you won't belive how grateful I am for such a simple post. I set my billing time to -1 went to affiliate payment and clicked the start billing button and it worked fine.

Thanks again

Deano

Can anyone advise what the page "affiliate_banners_product.php" is meant to do? I can't find anywhere in my admin where I can generate content for this page ... all my product links are generated directly from product_info.php. Maybe I'm missing something obvious??

This is the default text for the page:

Choose the product you want to display on your website from the choices below:
or is this meant to be a manual cut & paste into HTML/PHP job?? :'( Terra Edited by Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Can anyone advise what the page "affiliate_banners_product.php" is meant to do?

okay, figured it out - banners for individual products show on that page, banners for categories & the shop show on the banners_banners page. bit confusing, but I guess it kinda makes sense. Terra

Hello chooch after searching for 2hrs yes 2**!*hrs I finally found this thread by search google http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q...yment&meta=

anyhows what I want to say thanks this does work and you won't belive how grateful I am for such a simple post. I set my billing time to -1 went to affiliate payment and clicked the start billing button and it worked fine.

Thanks again

Deano

No problem...

The original problem in working out why the -1 was working for some people and not for others was because of the threshold setting - I'm glad you have it sorted :-)

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Getting this error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/cdmall/public_html/includes/header.php:210) in /home/cdmall/public_html/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

hello!,

I've installed the oscAffiliate 2.5a

in testing it out,

Customers can't create an affiliate account.

After a customer fills out the form...

image1.jpg

then when they click on the Continue Button....

the same page reloads but nothing else???

image2.jpg

Is this a common problem with the contribution, so is there an easy way to fix this up?,

and is anyone having a similar problem.

please help if you can, thanks! :blink: >_< :(

hello!,

I've installed the oscAffiliate 2.5a

in testing it out,

Customers can't create an affiliate account.

After a customer fills out the form...

image1.jpg

then when they click on the Continue Button....

the same page reloads but nothing else???

image2.jpg

Is this a common problem with the contribution, so is there an easy way to fix this up?,

and is anyone having a similar problem.

please help if you can, thanks! :blink: >_< :(

WHEN AFFILITE SIGNS UP

I tested it with register globals on and found that,

If a customer fills out the form but he forgets to fill in an email address for example all the other information he had enterd will be saved in the form Including the password.

but when register globals is off the password is not saved at all!.

Secondly the form won't process with register globals off.

Does anyone know of a work around register globals for this contribution?

Come on guys, there are some experts out there please shed some light on this dead soil.

:)

This contribution was not written to work with Register Globals set to 'off' in php.ini (actually that's the case for the vast majority of osC contributions).

You'd have to rewrite it to use Super Globals to make it Register Globals 'off' compatible. It's not a small job.

Vger

Excuse me: how can I do to setup amount of tierlevels?

Explain:

3% until 10.000 euro

4% until 20.000 euro

5% upper 30.000 euro

in the configuration menu-->Percentage Rate for the Tierlevels I can see only percentage, not amount.

Thanks

Edited by 100asa