• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

Yes - I think its a problem with installation (config) - my links are working well (and I had more problems to understand the system than to install it because there is no README or something else...)

After playing around some hours I could make the system running so far and I?ll go to a BETA TEST in my real shop...hope all is working well.... :blush: further I installed the contrib "affiliate allow products"...

I guess i'll uninstall and re-install and fingers crossed it solves the problem, seems strange though that everything is working as should be bar the products codes pointing to incorrect products from the affiliates account?

Best Regards

Donna

The problem I have with this contribution is the total lack of any explanation of how it works. There was a very basic FAQ text file with an earlier version, but nothing apart from the Install instructions in the newest version.

What I would need to understand is how the Tier system works. I'm assuming that it works by applying one percentage if a sale is made from a 1st Tier Affiliate, with the 1st Tier affiliate also getting a lower percentage if the sale comes from a 2nd Tier affiliate (signed up for the programme by the 1st Tier affiliate). Is this how it works? If so, how does the site owner know if the 2nd Tier affiliate signed up via the 1st Tier affiliates website?

Or does it mean something else entirely?

Vger

No Vger it doesn't mean something else entirely, you are spot on.... that is exactly how the tier system works.

As for how the site owner knows if the 2nd tier signed up via which 1st tier, it's slightly long winded.

The affiliate system doesn't show admin via who the 2nd tier signed up BUT when a sale via an affiliate link is made, it shows up 2 commissions instead of 1 for the same sale/order number.

If tier is set to " 10.00;5.00; " then the affiliate sales page will show up the affiliate name and commission rate (10%) and underneath that line, the same line is repeated with the same order number but the affiliate name and commission rate (5%) are changed - as the order number is the same and the fact that the affiliates are listed on one on top of the other means you can attribute the who signed up via who.

At the moment the contribution needs attention on a few issues to take it to the next level as it needs slight attention - including a full FAQ list and instructions txt file.

I know there is someone working on it very hard who will incorporate next level enhancements in to this contribution such as pay per click payment system and some affiliate cookie sessions (different to the one available now). From what they said they will release it pretty soon.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I'm just not getting what the trigger is that tells the system that it's a second tier sale. Is it that the second tier signs up not with the website itself but just gets its banners from the 1st tier, with the 1st tier link in it?

Vger

A general question for people here, does anyone actually use this and how? I ask because most affiliates I know prefer to work through one of the big companies, and this as far as I know is pretty expensive, but most affs just wont buy into an inhouse scheme due to possible rip offs, and problems?

Easy to criticise and boast isnt it ?

However your answered is flawed on many points

1- The author is not an idiot, Osc Affiliate has NOT been created with Coupon and GV in mind, makes sense since this is not part of an MS2 install !!

2- Your solution is in fact the stupid one, since by doing it your way simply could end up screwing up the all code .. Plus it does not work

What is required is to check the order total and substract all possible discount:

so just before

CODE$affiliate_total = tep_round($affiliate_total, 2);

add:

CODE//subtract discount

// get order total info

$totals_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$insert_id . "' order by sort_order");

$discount='0';

while ($totals = tep_db_fetch_array($totals_query)) {

if($totals['class'] == "ot_coupon") {

$discount += $totals['value'];

}

if($totals['class'] == "ot_gv ") {

}

if($totals['class'] == "ot_lev_discount") {

}

if($totals['class'] == "ot_qty_discount") {

}

}

$affiliate_total -= $discount;

//end subtract discount

This should do the trick, if you have any other kinds of discount class just add a test to the loop

Test this change throughly though as I have not had the time to do so

So, if we add the above code, affiliates will NOT be paid for any taxes we collect, since taxes go to the gov't. So the above code MUST be installed by everyone using the affiliate module.

Doctor Mason, World's #1 "Temporary Webmaster"

No. It depends where you live. In the UK if your company revenue is under a certain size then you do not collect Value Added Tax to be passed to the Government, so there'd be no need to include it.

Vger

No. It depends where you live. In the UK if your company revenue is under a certain size then you do not collect Value Added Tax to be passed to the Government, so there'd be no need to include it.

Vger

But for us Yanks, it would be safe to install it. I hope the details or FAQ's on the Affiliate program show up soon. You posed a very clear question about it.

DKM

I'm just not getting what the trigger is that tells the system that it's a second tier sale. Is it that the second tier signs up not with the website itself but just gets its banners from the 1st tier, with the 1st tier link in it?

Vger

Here's how it is...

Someone registers as an affiliate by signing up at your site. They then create text/banner links to show on their websites and people click those links to come on to your website. If they purchase an item then it generates an affiliate commssion, ok?

BUT... if the person clicks a link and comes on to your site and does/doesn't buy any items but registers as an affiliate as well, then thats where the second tier kicks in.

All affiliates have a basic commission for their direct sales but a second tier rate is made for affilaites who introduce affiliates. There isn't any expiry date set for 2nd tier sales yet but the cookies are what makes it all happen in flow - maybe a version in the future could handle some modifications where admin can set the length of time a second tier is to be paid.

Hope that helps :-)

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

So, if we add the above code, affiliates will NOT be paid for any taxes we collect, since taxes go to the gov't. So the above code MUST be installed by everyone using the affiliate module.

The above code is do with affiliates not getting commission on your discounts (if CCGV is applied etc)

CHOOCH

That's an excellent explanation, and the missing piece of the puzzle.

I'm assuming that if your 1st Tier rate is 10% and your 2nd Tier rate is 2%, then sales generated by the 2nd Tier affiliate cost the site owner 12% - 10% for the 2nd Tier Affiliate and 2% for the 1st Tier affiliate.

Vger

Edited by Vger

That's an excellent explanation, and the missing piece of the puzzle.

I'm assuming that if your 1st Tier rate is 10% and your 2nd Tier rate is 2%, then sales generated by the 2nd Tier affiliate cost the site owner 12% - 10% for the 2nd Tier Affiliate and 2% for the 1st Tier affiliate.

Vger

yes :-)

CHOOCH

That code is (I think already part of the contribution), the only part missing was the CCGV discount. Basically, whether you collect any form of tax or not it makes no sense to pay affiliate commissions that include 'total payments to your store' instead of 'total payments excluding discounts and taxes, to your store'

Affiliate commissions should really be based on the money you receive for the items. Any money collected in taxes, shipping costs (and CCGV applied) should be free from affiliate commissions.

CHOOCH

A general question for people here, does anyone actually use this and how? I ask because most affiliates I know prefer to work through one of the big companies, and this as far as I know is pretty expensive, but most affs just wont buy into an inhouse scheme due to possible rip offs, and problems?

I have seen many osC sites with the affiliates contribution added.... you can see many of them in the live stores section. The potential of fraud is open to everyone including 'big' affiliate companies. I see no reason why people wouldn't sign up as an affiliate via osC stores.

CHOOCH

Actually,I cant bill the affliate person...eventhough they have a sales.....Please see the images below:- Thanks...Hope this will fix soon.

It's a repetitve question......

There's no need for a fix as nothing is wrong... the billing question you asked was answered sometime ago, go back a few pages. Read it.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Hello,

I'm already using this contribution for a long time, but i now have a problem:

when a custommer is comming to my shop bij an affiliate url the affiliates ref das not keep standing at the url, this disapears. This was always good for me, but now i needs the affiliate url keeps always visible in at the url.

What i can remember is that there is a way to let it work as i wish, but i forgot how and where i can chance that.

Can someone tel me how tot fix this?

Kind regards

Dani?l

Hello,

I'm already using this contribution for a long time, but i now have a problem:

when a custommer is comming to my shop bij an affiliate url the affiliates ref das not keep standing at the url, this disapears. This was always good for me, but now i needs the affiliate url keeps always visible in at the url.

What i can remember is that there is a way to let it work as i wish, but i forgot how and where i can chance that.

Can someone tel me how tot fix this?

Kind regards

Dani?l

I can't understand the query....

Explain again in plain english

CHOOCH

Hi all and thanks in advance for your help.

I'm looking for a contribution like this one but the other way around. I am the Affiliate promoting the products of another site. I've got my site setup with oscommerce but I would need my visitor to be send to my merchant once they click on "add to cart" with is going to be "buy it". The link would include my tracking account.

As anyone see a contribution like that? I wouldn't need my shopping cart at all. I have a content site. The visitor can see the products, its detail, but link to merchant product page when clicked on add to cart.

I have been looling on the contrib page but didn't find anything so far.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Ebaby.ca - Toothbrush.ca - Halitosis.ca - Templatemonster.ca - Adultfriendfinders.ca

Hello,

I think I have the same problem as dfeenstra: I thought there was a option in this contribution to keep the referer id in the url all over the site instead of in a cookie. The problem is I forgot where to configurate this, does someone know?

If im wrong and there is no such option.. does anyone know how to achieve this easily or is there are pre-made mod?

Thanks,

Thomas

The Force Cookie Use feature is what forces users to either accept a cookie (with the session id wrapped inside it) or else they get directed to the Cookie Usage page. However, even with this feature set to false, osCommerce will try to get the user to accept a cookie, and this is why the session id disappears after a few clicks.

Vger

If I use this variable products commission (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1580), how should I set the Affiliate contrib in the Admin section? We have the Affiliate contrib and it seems to be working OK.

Anyone using both with no trouble?

DKM