• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

Me again...hopefully for the last time for a while. I am getting better at understanding how these files work, because I have fixed all of the problems I was having, and (without any in-depth testing) it seems to be working.

I'm not sure where to enter my info, though, for the stuff that shows up on the catalog side. Which files should I be looking for, for the affiliate terms, faq, etc.? (I think there are a total of four that I need to edit.) Thank you!

catalog>includes>languages>english or whatever language you are using...

Hi,

I Have a big problem with this contrib OSC Affiliate 2.5a!!!

I can see that the sale is in fact made and is recorded to the affiliate_sales table.

It just seems to stop working when it tries to retrieve this information to the affiliate payment page (admin panel).

Obviously, no info being posted means no payments being billed.

My sales are recording in the affiliate system correctly (affiliate_payment_status_ID=0).

My affiliate_payment_status Table is correct.

My affiliate configuration is at 0 day.

In fact affiliate_payment is always empty !!

Any ideas ?

I've just noticed that the Paypal Shopping Cart IPN contribution comes with notes on how to integrqate it with oscaffiliate. I'm going to give those a try and see if they work with my version.

I've got PayPal IPN 2.8 installed...

Do you know if the osC-Affiliate Integration Notes from V3.0 will be compatible with the version I'm running?

<please let them be> :-)

Thanks

Jos

===============

Simple yet Creative

Get Online Web Design : getonlinedesign.com

===============

I've got PayPal IPN 2.8 installed...

Do you know if the osC-Affiliate Integration Notes from V3.0 will be compatible with the version I'm running?

<please let them be> :-)

Thanks

Jos

<Sobs>

It appears not :( I just amended the orders_session_info table as per the readme file and also updated the catalog/includes/affiliate_checkout_process.php file as instructed however still no sales recorded on returning from PayPal.

What a frustrating problem...

Anyopne have any further ideas about which way to try?

Thanks

Jos

===============

Simple yet Creative

Get Online Web Design : getonlinedesign.com

===============

Checkout Problem (Affiliate)

Hi, can anybody help me with this problem?

The problem is that when the customer choose "Cash on Delivery", when they submit the order, i get this error (Insted of been redirected to the finnish page):

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/toyzno/www/catalog/includes/languages/norwegian/modules/payment/cod.php:15) in /home/toyzno/www/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 70

The sale created is stored, even if i get this error!!

I dont get this message when the customer choose to pay with "credit card"

Any clues?

Best regards

Jan

Maybe it's too late for an answer, but maybe someone else will find this usefull... I have Affiliates 2.5a on osC MS2.

[...]

$a_password = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['a_password']);

Add this two lines:

$a_confirmation = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['a_confirmation']);

$a_agb = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['a_agb']);

...this should do the trick. Goodluck :thumbsup:

YES!!!! Your solution has been really usefull. Thanks a lot.

Jose Manuel

Hi,

I Have a big problem with this contrib OSC Affiliate 2.5a!!!

I can see that the sale is in fact made and is recorded to the affiliate_sales table.

It just seems to stop working when it tries to retrieve this information to the affiliate payment page (admin panel).

Obviously, no info being posted means no payments being billed.

My sales are recording in the affiliate system correctly (affiliate_payment_status_ID=0).

My affiliate_payment_status Table is correct.

My affiliate configuration is at 0 day.

In fact affiliate_payment is always empty !!

Any ideas ??

Edited by fets

Hi,

I'm installing OSC Affiliate; my local PC installation (WXP) is working fine <_< but my production environement has some problems - text area appear blank when an affiliate is trying to obtain the code for a banner or text link :( . Same problem appear with affiliate-created links.

Some banner has been created from Affiliate Admin and exist.

To see the problem running, please visit:

http://www.lenoir.es/affiliate_affiliate.php

Login: [email protected]

Password: infolenoir

Sorry, website just in spanish - some few translations of the left menu may be suitables:

A la Home - General Banner

A Categorias - Categories Banner

A Productos - Products Banner

Enlaces de texto - Text Link

Crea tu propio link - Affiliate Created links and Banners

Many thanks for your help.

Jose Manuel

SORRY - ANSWER TO POST FROMA2JC4life @ Jan 29 2006

Hi,

i?ve solved the problem in my shop - in the file affiliate_payment.php (admin) the queries use the language_id - i have changed each query and deleted the part "and affiliate_language_id=...." - the it works.

Backup your affiliate_payment.php and try it! ;-)

CU

Lars

Edited by LPallasch

SORRY - ANSWER TO POST FROMA2JC4life @ Jan 29 2006

Hi,

i?ve solved the problem in my shop - in the file affiliate_payment.php (admin) the queries use the language_id - i have changed each query and deleted the part "and affiliate_language_id=...." - the it works.

Backup your affiliate_payment.php and try it! ;-)

CU

Lars

Your affiliate payment page (admin panel) work fine ?

Can you show this page ?

I installed this but the box in the left side is not working properly.

This is what is says,

BOX_HEADING_AFFILIATE

BOX_AFFILIATE_INFO

BOX_AFFILIATE_FAQ

BOX_AFFILIATE_LOGIN

and I get 404 errors when I try to click any of the links.

Anybody have any ideas how to fix this? :blush:

Affiliate program pays commissions on the value before coupons

Can anyone help me modify the affiliate program to only play commission on the finel value after any discounts.

***Coupon Version****

ot_coupon.php,v 1.1.2.37.3 2004/01/01

***Affiliate Program****

affiliate.php,v 2.00 2003/10/12

Many Thanks,

Gareth

I installed this but the box in the left side is not working properly.

This is what is says,

BOX_HEADING_AFFILIATE

BOX_AFFILIATE_INFO

BOX_AFFILIATE_FAQ

BOX_AFFILIATE_LOGIN

and I get 404 errors when I try to click any of the links.

Anybody have any ideas how to fix this? :blush:

Just to verify: May be a language problem? Is the language file properly installed?

Regards

Jose Manuel

I installed oscommerce M2 and installed Affiliate 1.09. I keep getting an error on a new affiliate sign up after information is filled out and continued is clicked. I get Error 1044 -- No Access to User

Affiliate_Affiliate Write.

How do I correct this? :cry:

somebody fix this ?

Can someone help me with a new osc affiliate install. Everything seems to be working and I can even set all the options in the admin section. When I try to signup as an affiliate though it keeps telling me I need to accept the agreement even when I have checked the box. All my info is returned in the form allready filled, not sure if this means anything, but I can not create an affiliate at all. I did go thru and rerun by line all the sql entries. I am using osc 2.2 ms2

Thanks for your time

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
Affiliate program pays commissions on the value before coupons

Can anyone help me modify the affiliate program to only play commission on the finel value after any discounts.

***Coupon Version****

ot_coupon.php,v 1.1.2.37.3 2004/01/01

***Affiliate Program****

affiliate.php,v 2.00 2003/10/12

Many Thanks,

Gareth

This should not be an issue. The affiliate paypout works from the order total which is taken just before the order is passed to the database

somebody fix this ?

Upgrade to at least affiliate v2.03 if your using MS2

v1.x ws for MS1

also make sure your mysql user has full access rights to the database

Edited by Snowman

Can someone help me with a new osc affiliate install. Everything seems to be working and I can even set all the options in the admin section. When I try to signup as an affiliate though it keeps telling me I need to accept the agreement even when I have checked the box. All my info is returned in the form allready filled, not sure if this means anything, but I can not create an affiliate at all. I did go thru and rerun by line all the sql entries. I am using osc 2.2 ms2

Thanks for your time

Tim

Sounds like a required field is not getting submitted

What version of the module are you using and what version osC?

Hi there,

I have just finished uploading osc affiliate in to my store. Admin panel looks fine.

What I need to do now is when a new customer creates an account, is have a field where they enter the customer code of the person who refered them.

Can this work with osc affiliate?

Thanks,

Ally

Okay, I figured out I had a wee bug in that I was using Column Controler and didn't have a left column displayed by default (should have picked up on that quicker though).

So every thing looks good, just added in my first affiliate.

I still want to be able to add a tick box at create account of a normal create_account.php, would I then just add all there details to the affiliate tables and the same with account_edit.php

The main thing I've been asked to do though is rather than having banners etc for click through conversions is the ability to send an email to a friend with my affiliate number (customer id) and then when the person creates there account is put in the affiliate number (customer id).

Any tips on the above would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Ally

When i try to execute http://drikkegel.dk/catalog/affiliate_show...ate_banner_id=3

I get this: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_db_connect() in /home/drikkege/public_html/catalog/affiliate_show_banner.php on line 37

affiliate_show_banner.php

<?php

/*

$Id: affiliate_show_banner.php,v 2.00 2003/10/12

OSC-Affiliate

Contribution based on:

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 - 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// CHECKIT

// -> optimize code -> double parts

// require of application_top not possible

// cause then whois online registers it also as visitor

//

define('TABLE_AFFILIATE_BANNERS_HISTORY', 'affiliate_banners_history');

define('TABLE_AFFILIATE_BANNERS', 'affiliate_banners');

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS', 'products');

// Set the local configuration parameters - mainly for developers

if (file_exists('includes/local/configure.php')) include('includes/local/configure.php');

require('includes/configure.php');

if (file_exists('includes/local/affiliate_configure.php')) include('includes/local/affiliate_configure.php');

require('includes/affiliate_configure.php');

// include the database functions

// require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'database.php');

// make a connection to the database... now

tep_db_connect() or die('Unable to connect to database server!');

function affiliate_show_banner($pic) {

//Read Pic and send it to browser

$fp = fopen($pic, "rb");

if (!$fp) exit();

// Get Image type

$img_type = substr($pic, strrpos($pic, ".") + 1);

// Get Imagename

$pos = strrpos($pic, "/");

if ($pos) {

$img_name = substr($pic, strrpos($pic, "/" ) + 1);

} else {

$img_name=$pic;

}

header ("Content-type: image/$img_type");

header ("Content-Disposition: inline; filename=$img_name");

fpassthru($fp);

// The file is closed when fpassthru() is done reading it (leaving handle useless).

// fclose ($fp);

exit();

}

function affiliate_debug($banner,$sql) {

?>

<table border=1 cellpadding=2 cellspacing=2>

<tr><td colspan=2>Check the pathes! (catalog/includes/configure.php)</td></tr>

<tr><td>absolute path to picture:</td><td><?php echo DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner; ?></td></tr>

<tr><td>build with:</td><td>DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner</td></tr>

<tr><td>DIR_FS_CATALOG</td><td><?php echo DIR_FS_CATALOG; ?></td></tr>

<tr><td>DIR_WS_CATALOG</td><td><?php echo DIR_WS_CATALOG ; ?></td></tr>

<tr><td>DIR_WS_IMAGES</td><td><?php echo DIR_WS_IMAGES; ?></td></tr>

<tr><td>$banner</td><td><?php echo $banner; ?></td></tr>

<tr><td>SQL-Query used:</td><td><?php echo $sql; ?></td></tr>

<tr><th>Try to find error:</td><td>?</th></tr>

<tr><td>SQL-Query:</td><td><?php if ($banner) echo "Got Result"; else echo "No result"; ?></td></tr>

<tr><td>Locating Pic</td><td>

<?php

$pic = DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/' . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner;

echo $pic . "<br>";

if (!is_file($pic)) {

echo "failed<br>";

} else {

echo "success<br>";

}

?>

</td></tr>

</table>

<?php

exit();

}

// Register needed Post / Get Variables

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['ref']) $affiliate_id=$HTTP_GET_VARS['ref'];

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['ref']) $affiliate_id=$HTTP_POST_VARS['ref'];

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['affiliate_banner_id']) $banner_id = $HTTP_GET_VARS['affiliate_banner_id'];

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['affiliate_banner_id']) $banner_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['affiliate_banner_id'];

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['affiliate_pbanner_id']) $prod_banner_id = $HTTP_GET_VARS['affiliate_pbanner_id'];

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['affiliate_pbanner_id']) $prod_banner_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['affiliate_pbanner_id'];

$banner = '';

$products_id = '';

if ($banner_id) {

$sql = "select affiliate_banners_image, affiliate_products_id from " . TABLE_AFFILIATE_BANNERS . " where affiliate_banners_id = '" . $banner_id . "' and affiliate_status = 1";

$banner_values = tep_db_query($sql);

if ($banner_array = tep_db_fetch_array($banner_values)) {

$banner = $banner_array['affiliate_banners_image'];

$products_id = $banner_array['affiliate_products_id'];

}

}

if ($prod_banner_id) {

$banner_id = 1; // Banner ID for these Banners is one

$sql = "select products_image from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . $prod_banner_id . "' and products_status = 1";

$banner_values = tep_db_query($sql);

if ($banner_array = tep_db_fetch_array($banner_values)) {

$banner = $banner_array['products_image'];

$products_id = $prod_banner_id;

}

}

// DebugModus

if (AFFILIATE_SHOW_BANNERS_DEBUG == 'true') affiliate_debug($banner,$sql);

if ($banner) {

$pic = DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner;

// Show Banner only if it exists:

if (is_file($pic)) {

$today = date('Y-m-d');

// Update stats:

if ($affiliate_id) {

$banner_stats_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_AFFILIATE_BANNERS_HISTORY . " where affiliate_banners_id = '" . $banner_id . "' and affiliate_banners_products_id = '" . $products_id ."' and affiliate_banners_affiliate_id = '" . $affiliate_id. "' and affiliate_banners_history_date = '" . $today . "'");

// Banner has been shown today

if ($banner_stats_array = tep_db_fetch_array($banner_stats_query)) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_AFFILIATE_BANNERS_HISTORY . " set affiliate_banners_shown = affiliate_banners_shown + 1 where affiliate_banners_id = '" . $banner_id . "' and affiliate_banners_affiliate_id = '" . $affiliate_id. "' and affiliate_banners_products_id = '" . $products_id ."' and affiliate_banners_history_date = '" . $today . "'");

} else { // First view of Banner today

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_AFFILIATE_BANNERS_HISTORY . " (affiliate_banners_id, affiliate_banners_products_id, affiliate_banners_affiliate_id, affiliate_banners_shown, affiliate_banners_history_date) VALUES ('" . $banner_id . "', '" . $products_id ."', '" . $affiliate_id. "', '1', '" . $today . "')");

}

}

// Show Banner

affiliate_show_banner($pic);

}

}

// Show default Banner if none is found

if (is_file(AFFILIATE_SHOW_BANNERS_DEFAULT_PIC)) {

affiliate_show_banner(AFFILIATE_SHOW_BANNERS_DEFAULT_PIC);

} else {

echo "<br>"; // Output something to prevent endless loading

}

exit();

?>

Timo Jensen

Hello,

I am in the process of adding a few functionality to this contribution because of the requirement of our platform.

To be brief, one of the main change is a pay-per-click affiliation.

Looking at the code in affiliate_application_top, I can see that records are added to the clickthrough table when someone arrive on the site from an affiliate referer, if a ref=xx is found in the URL.

Looking at my table though, i realsied that most of the time 2 records are inserted for a same date and time. One where the refererer is given, the other one it is empty.

I also noticed quiet a few records where I never get a referer for the given ip.

So my question is rather simple, how can I count the number of unique click per ip ? Do i count only the one with referer, or do I count only the click per ip grouping it per day?

If someone with good knowledge of the cloick loggin mechanism could help me out that would be great.

As soon as I am finished I will post my changes here as it might be useful for others who wants extended functionality

Hi,

What is the table field that records for a new customer who their affiliate referer was?

This is what happens: Someone clicks a text link, creates an account, buys the product. Affilate gets commision

Next week they buy another product and the original affiliate is given the comission (I want it this way).

I want to change it a little now though so that when someone creates an account from a business card or phone call they enter their referers is (affiliate_id) in an input box on create_account.php

What table / field should I save this info to?

Thanks

ally

Just realised there doesn't seem to be anything done through the tables, that this is all done through the url and it must have been that I processed a sale staight after doing a clickthrough with out closing all the windows. So I think I am a little in the soup now as I need to have this working for a dead line in a few hours.

Can anyone suggest how I can change things so that an affiliate always gets a commision after the new customer joins?

Maybe more like Multi Level Marketting than an affiliate programme but it is really what I need.

HELLLLLLP