• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

I know someone else has asked this and i cant find the answer for it...

Where is the upgrade_eng.txt file?

Thank you.

Have you located it yet? I am looking for it as well. Can anyone point me to the upgrade_eng.txt file, please? Thanks

Tony Mazz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, guys.

I hope someone can help me with my problem. Have tried to look throught the entire forum for an answer, but can't find anyone with the same problem.

All works well, except for that it is impossible to create an affiliate account, the 'table affiliate doesn't exist' is the message people get when they try to create an account.

In the SQL file provided with the contribution, there is no table called affiliate, there is one called affiliate_affiliate. I created a table called affiliate with the same data as the affiliate_affiliate, but still no luck.

Could the problem lie in the affiliate_signup.php file??? I'm a php newbie, and afraid to mess things up if I go into the code and start to mess around in there.

I use osCAffiliate v2.5a.

I use v.2.02 without this problem on another site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Endre

I figured out why I got the previous error, was missing definitions in database_tables.

However, I've encounter another problem.

It now says: 'Fatal error: Call to undefined function: affiliate_check_url() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/webshop/affiliate_signup.php on line 192' when people try to sign up for an affiliate account.

Any idea why?

Cheers

Endre

Hi!

I'm new here. I'm using osc affiliate in my installation. But i have a bit of a problem. I would like to ask if there is a possibility for me to assign the commission based on the sales made?

Example:

for sales ?1 - ?1000 = 5%

for sales ?1001 - ?2500 = 7.5%

?2501+ = 10%

Hope anyone could help. Thanks very much!

-d :D

Does anyone know how the OSC AFFILIATE system tracks an affiliate's downline? In other words, how does it know that affiliate B is associated with affiliate A?

thank you

The realtion of the tier system stands in the DB.

It's saved via "nested sets".

Hi,

This is 1 way of solving how to show the recorded sales appear in the payments. and you don't have to wait 30 days to be able to see it.

After hours of searching in this forum and cre loaded.. i finally found a way to solve this problem.

it's just very simple:

make sure that your table affiliate_payment_status got records on it. ie, pending and paid

hope this can help someone...

-d

I figured out why I got the previous error, was missing definitions in database_tables.

However, I've encounter another problem.

It now says: 'Fatal error: Call to undefined function: affiliate_check_url() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/webshop/affiliate_signup.php on line 192' when people try to sign up for an affiliate account.

Any idea why?

Cheers

Endre

I'm a bit embarrased now :blush: , stupid me had forgotten first step in the installation manual, the require.... in the 'application_top.php". Sorry about that, hope nobody has wasted their time trying to figure out my problem!

Great contribution, guuys!

Thanks!

Endre

Any ideas. Im getting this error when viewing the product_info.php

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home2/sacredc/public_html/test/product_info.php on line 286

I have SPPC 4.11, Image Magic and Column Product Listing for SPPC 4.11 installed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BB

Kaileen

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a query to list an affiliate's downline:

NOTE: You need at least MYSQL 4.1

MAKE SURE $affiliate_id is set

$sql = "
	SELECT 
		CONCAT( REPEAT( '- ', COUNT( parent.affiliate_firstname ) - 1 ) ) AS space,
		aa1.affiliate_firstname AS NAME, 
		aa1.affiliate_lastname AS LAST,  
		aa1.affiliate_id AS ID
		(COUNT(parent.affiliate_firstname) - (sub_tree.depth + 1)) AS depth
	FROM 
		" . TABLE_AFFILIATE . " AS aa1,
		" . TABLE_AFFILIATE . " AS parent,
		" . TABLE_AFFILIATE . " AS sub_parent,
		(
			SELECT 
				CONCAT( REPEAT( '   ', COUNT( parent.affiliate_firstname ) - 1 ) ) AS space,
				aa1.affiliate_firstname,
				(COUNT(parent.affiliate_firstname) - 1) AS depth
			FROM 
				" . TABLE_AFFILIATE . " AS aa1,
				" . TABLE_AFFILIATE . " AS parent
			WHERE aa1.affiliate_lft 
			BETWEEN parent.affiliate_lft 
			AND parent.affiliate_rgt
			AND aa1.affiliate_id = ". $affiliate_id ."
			GROUP BY aa1.affiliate_firstname
			ORDER BY aa1.affiliate_lft
		) AS sub_tree
	WHERE aa1.affiliate_lft 
		BETWEEN parent.affiliate_lft 
		AND parent.affiliate_rgt
		AND aa1.affiliate_lft 
		BETWEEN sub_parent.affiliate_lft 
		AND sub_parent.affiliate_rgt
		AND sub_parent.affiliate_firstname = sub_tree.affiliate_firstname
	ORDER BY aa1.affiliate_lft;
";

If you don't have MYSQL 4.1 ... here's a query that will list all affiliates (grouped with upline).

SELECT CONCAT( REPEAT( '   ', COUNT( parent.affiliate_firstname ) -1 ) , aa1.affiliate_firstname ) AS NAME, aa1.affiliate_lastname AS LAST, aa1.affiliate_id AS ID, aa1.affiliate_lft, aa1.affiliate_rgt, COUNT( aa1.affiliate_firstname ) AS
LEVEL FROM affiliate_affiliate AS aa1, affiliate_affiliate AS parent
WHERE aa1.affiliate_lft
BETWEEN parent.affiliate_lft AND parent.affiliate_rgt
ORDER BY aa1.affiliate_lft

QUESTION:

I was viewing the affiliate_affiliate table and noticed that affiliate_root is set to 1 for EVERY affiliate.

This must be wrong ... can someon tell me what is affiliate_root suppose to be?

thank you

After a few days attempting to solve my problem and hours of searching on here, I've decided to save my sanity and put my problem out there and see if anyone can understand it.

On my testing site, I've tried to set up osc affiliate and when I try to sign up a fake affiliate to test it all out I get to affiliate_signup.php and after entering all details and ticking the "Terms and Conditions" checkbox, I click continue and the page simply reloads with all details in place and the ENTRY_AFFILIATE_AGB_ERROR shows below the "Terms and Conditions" checkbox, as it should if the checkbox had not been ticked. I have reuploaded fresh copies of all files that I can determine are related , affiliate_signup.php and affiliate_signup_details.php and tried editing a few sections of code that I thought might be the problem but couldn't see that anything could be wrong with the code since no-one else seems to have had this problem.

At one stage today I thought that it might have had something to do with having the Register Golbals patch installed but I could not see anything in the OSC affiliate code that seemed like it would be affected by that and considering the amount of people who have this mod installed surely that would have been encountered before.

Please help.

Maybe it's too late for an answer, but maybe someone else will find this usefull... I have Affiliates 2.5a on osC MS2.

If you want to sign up for a new affiliates account and you keep geting "You must accept our Affiliate Program Terms & Conditions" and you are required to enter the password, open /catalog/affiliate_signup.php, and somewhere around/after the following line (arround row 45):

$a_password = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['a_password']);

Add this two lines:

$a_confirmation = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['a_confirmation']);

$a_agb = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['a_agb']);

...this should do the trick. Goodluck :thumbsup:

Edited by umc

I also have a problem with banners. I searched the forum but I haven't found the solution yet. I'm using Affiliates 2.5a with osC MS2. The problem I have is that in the administration panel, when I try to create or edit a banner, I can't get it to upload the image I choose. I select the name, Product ID, Category ID, I choose an image and hit Update. It creates the banner, but the image is not in the /catalog/images/ directory. If I hit edit again, I can see the name of the image added in the first edit box under the browse button, but the image is not on the server. I don't get any errors. I changed the rights to the directory to 777, event the rights of affiliate_banners.php to 777, but still nothing. I uploaded the image manually, and when I use http://yourdomain.com/catalog/affiliate_sh...ate_banner_id=3 script to check the banner it shows up ok. I used the debugging option also, and I saw it ok. But I can't upload the image from the admin panel. Anyone has any ideas why ?

Edited by umc

Hi there,

I have been using this OSC-Affiliate contribution for 2 months. Great contribution, I really love it!

Now I have over 5000 clickthroughs in over 500 pages. Anyone knows how to save the Affiliate Clickthroughs data to my computer and then delete them from the database? I don't want the clickthroughs take up my server space.

Thanks a lot.

Hi im using OSC affiliate and what i need to do is make it so each product related to a Manufacture would give its OWN percentage. I know it might sound weird but this is what the client wants.

Any ideas on how i could modify the contrib to handle this sort of a thing?

Thanks

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/domain/public_html/en/enter/admin/includes/boxes/reports.php:16) in /home/domain/public_html/en/enter/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 17

any idea?

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

Great mod im really impressed and the install I thought went quite well until I opened my /admin/index.php and none of my admin links will work other than the Affiliate one.

The link goes to:

admin/FILENAME_BACKUP?selected_box=tools

Now ive worked out that the "FILENAME_BACKUP?" is my problem and im guessing ive done something dead silly, however i cant spot it.

So is anyone able to help me on this matter?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mark

If someone can stear me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. My client is looking for an affiliate add-on for his OSC store. We need the ability to:

A) track affiliates from click throughs and designate a percentage of that sale based on category. i.e.- we want to give them 10% on widgets and 12% on gadgets - Is this possible with OsC affiliate? If not, which contrib does this if any?

B) We need to have a vendor area for drop shippers (distributors) where the vendors login and enter there product information (stock qnty/% of cut/price/prod name etc.) - which is fairly simple to create on our own, limiting certain admin features based on login and creating several additional values for them to set ... The trick I would guess is tracking there sales on our site, assigning them a percentage based on sale. For example: If there stock sells, they get 80%, we get 20% ... is there anything off the shelf that does this?

C) Have the vendors not only login and view there sales stats, but also control the order fulfillment (dropship), entering in a tracking number and marking as shipped from there login (we already have the manual tracking # feature installed - we would expand on this obviously) the vendor would get an email and be able to follow a link to view and change the status of that order. They manually enter in a tracking number and it sends an email to the customer. - Is there anything like a drop ship contrib that I can work off of? I believe a good start would be Multi Vendor Shipping ... but thats why im asking ...

Ideally, I would like the vendor to get an email, have a link to his personal section to login and view order. I would like to tie in UPS real time xml tracking, and have the dropshipping vendor bill our UPS account directly. The trick is getting UPS to change the status of the order to shipped and enter a tracking number into our system when the vendor completes the label on his end - Anyone have any idea what im talking about? Were trying to automate the process as much as possible .. Any and all help is greatly appreciated ... Anyone with in-depth knowledge of Affiliates/drop-shipping and UPS real-time, contact me directly for some possible freelance work. My developer is very busy with several other projects were doing and i have to moveon this quicker then not ...

Thanks a ton

Chris