• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

Has anyone got this to work with PayPal. Someone had the same problema s me with another 3rd part processor (NOCHEX) - it seems the sale does not register in the database, once a sale goes through it does not appear on the admin side nor on the members sales page.

Any ideas?

Hello all,

This contribution looks awesome! I got it pretty easily installed although it seems i have found two problems:

FIRST problem:

Whenever I am adding a banner to the admin I get this when I click the link to open a list of categories:

Not Found
The requested URL /oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/admin/FILENAME_AFFILIATE_VALIDCATS was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.fusionimports.com Port 80

SECOND problem:

Whenever I skip the categories part and add everything else and press INSERT it gives me this error page:

Warning: copy(/home/fusion/public_html/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/images/test-affiliate-banner.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/fusion/public_html/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/admin/affiliate_banners.php on line 74
1054 - Unknown column 'affiliate_category_id' in 'field list'

insert into affiliate_banners (affiliate_banners_title, affiliate_products_id, affiliate_category_id, affiliate_banners_image, affiliate_banners_group, affiliate_date_added, affiliate_status) values ('Test Banner', '&nbsp12', '0', 'test-affiliate-banner.gif', '', now(), '1')

[TEP STOP]

If anyone could lead me to how to fix this, it would be magnificant!!

I'm sorry if this has been answered, I did try to find the answer... :blush:

How does the teirlevels work? Specificly...

How does a person create his downline? Is it anyone who signs up thru any of an affiliate's links?

--and--

Reporting? Is an affiliate able to see sales of those under him? Is there any way for him to see his downline?

Thanks,

Tim

I am using osCAffiliate v2.5a and had read in the v2.02 faq.txt that the 2 tier feature should work, but that it was not supported yet. That left me a little doubtful.

I was encouraged by a marketing person to use 2 tier in my affiliate program, so I got into the program and the code today and found I only had to make 1 adjustment to get it to work correctly. I posted it in the contribution section if you want to work with 2 tier.

I have 1 problem left. I would like to track impressions for my banners but I have not been able to get them to show up correctly. I set up the catalog/includes/affiliate_configure.php to debug and then successfully reached my images through my absolute path of /var/www/html/images/family_sofware468.gif (my program is in the root directory, not catalog)

Then I turned the debug off, but still got the broken image box. I dug into the code in catalog/affiliate_show_banner.php and went through the function affiliate_show_banner($pic) line by line, having it echo each variable to make sure it was all being done correctly. Everything worked perfectly until I got to the section for setting the headers. Then it stopped working again.

header ("Content-type: image/$img_type");

header ("Content-Disposition: inline; filename=$img_name");

fpassthru($fp);

I went to php.net and looked at their documentation for setting headers with the functions fopen and fpassthru. I tried a lot of things that were mentioned, but got nothing to work.

If any wise person knows what I am missing, I would appreciate a tip. I have read through this forum and haven't found an answer. Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry if this has been answered, I did try to find the answer...  :blush:

How does the teirlevels work? Specificly...

How does a person create his downline?  Is it anyone who signs up thru any of an affiliate's links?

--and--

Reporting?  Is an affiliate able to see sales of those under him?  Is there any way for him to see his downline?

Thanks,

Tim

Ok i think a bit of explaining is needed in regards to the Tier system....

To everyone who has queries about it in the past. YES IT WORKS

How does it work???

Ok heres an easy way to explain it...

Lets say you have 3 tiers setup with the commission rates of 10,5,2 (thats 10% for tier1 5 for tier 2 and so on)

If someone joins up as an affiliate on your site they become a master affiliate so they get the master affiliate commission rate.

Now lets say someone comes to that affiliates site, clicks on the affiliate link and comes to your site and buys something then the master affiliate is credited with the sale.

Now lets say instead that this customer decides to join up as an affiliate they become an affiliate associated to that master affiliate

they then get their code and display it on their site. When someone comes to your site thru their link and buys something then that affiliate and the master affiliate both get associated with the sale and cedited accordingly.

The admin will record the sale and show the sale associated to both affiliates with their associated percentages.

Now there are 2 things to remember...

1) you must turn the tier sysyetm on in the configuration ( yes i know this is stupid but youd be surprised how many people dont do this)

2) you must turn the function to specify individual percentages off as this overrides the tier system

Now before you ask....

NO there is no seperate tier reporting in the module (YET)

NO there is no code to allow affiliates to signup from a master affiliates website (YET)

Why dooesnt an affiliate get credited with a sale?? - Make sure that cookies are enabled

Why cant i pay my affiliates - 30 days is the minimum and sales wont show up in the pay affiliates area until that mimimum time regardless of how you want it. You can extend that time frame however

Why arent my banners working??? Use the search function on this discussion its been done to death

Whens the next official update due? I cant speak for Henri so i dont know what he's been doing but i have been constantly developing the module and will have a new release out soon

Where have i been hiding? Ive been sick lately and have been on and offline in the last few months but im slowly catching backup

Whats in the next release? wait and see... :P

Hi all.... love this contrib... I just wanted to point out two tiny fixes I had to make. In the sections where an affiliate can build their own links to specific categories and products, there are two popup pages for letting them choose the category or product id to build the link for. In these popup pages, the display shows the code ' ' to the left of the id. All that is missing is a ';' after this to make it show a space, not the code.

Two files:

/affiliate_validcats.php

line 51:

echo "<td class='infoBoxContents'> ".$row["categories_id"]."</td>\n";

change to:

echo "<td class='infoBoxContents'> ".$row["categories_id"]."</td>\n";

/affiliate_validproducts.php

line 41:

echo "<td class='infoBoxContents'> ".$row["products_id"]."</td>\n";

change to:

echo "<td class='infoBoxContents'> ".$row["products_id"]."</td>\n";

This may have already been covered, I just figured it would be easier to re-post than to browse 73 pages of posts to see if someone already mentioned this....

-Eric

Hi, I've just installed the contribution and all is working fine apart from one minor thing.

At the very last few lines of the install instructions it reads as follows:

Add:

<br><br>
 <?php
//affiliate build a link begin
 if (tep_session_is_registered('affiliate_id')) {
	 ?>
     <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE_BANNERS_BUILD, 'individual_banner_id=' . $product_info['products_id']) .'" target="_self">' . tep_image('includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_affiliate_build_a_link.gif', 'Make a link') . ' </a>'; ?><?php
 }
//affiliate build a link begin
     ?>

FILENAMES.PHP in CATALOG
ADD
define('FILENAME_CATEGORIES_INFO', 'index.php');

I added this as I should but now when looking at product descriptions I get FILENAMES.PHP in CATALOG

ADD

define('FILENAME_CATEGORIES_INFO', 'index.php');

showing up in my product description, I'm guessing it was actually a speperate instruction and should be added to the filenames.php.

Although there is no filenames.php in catalog (but there is in catalog/includes), and it doesn't define where to add it specifically.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My problem is: my pics banner is not showing up in the affiliante_banner_banner.php

I set debug mode to true (in the affiliate_config.php), here the error message i get.

Someone can help me with this?

Notice: Undefined index: ref in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\catalog1\affiliate_show_banner.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined index: affiliate_banner_id in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\catalog1\affiliate_show_banner.php on line 94

Notice: Undefined index: affiliate_pbanner_id in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\catalog1\affiliate_show_banner.php on line 95

Notice: Undefined index: affiliate_pbanner_id in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\catalog1\affiliate_show_banner.php on line 96

Notice: Undefined variable: prod_banner_id in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\catalog1\affiliate_show_banner.php on line 110
Check the pathes! (catalog/includes/configure.php) 
absolute path to picture: c:/program files/easyphp1-7/www/catalog1/images/affiliate_summary.gif 
build with: DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner 
DIR_FS_CATALOG c:/program files/easyphp1-7/www/catalog1/ 
DIR_WS_CATALOG /catalog1/ 
DIR_WS_IMAGES images/ 
$banner affiliate_summary.gif 
SQL-Query used: select affiliate_banners_image, affiliate_products_id from affiliate_banners where affiliate_banners_id = '7' and affiliate_status = 1 
Try to find error:   
SQL-Query: Got Result 
Locating Pic c:/program files/easyphp1-7/www/catalog1/images/affiliate_summary.gif
success

Edited by mario3

Hello! I'm wondering if some of you guys can help me with my little issue here, the situation is as following:

When a customer has entered via an affiliate-ID and checks out, the aff. contribution fetches the total sum, where a percentage or similar is credited the affiliate, BUT if the customer also uses the CCGV, say a coupon-code, the logical thing would be that the affiliate would be credited the _real_ total, in other words the sum after the coupon is added, right?

This ain't happening  :'(

So the affiliate basicly gets credit for more than he/she is supposed to, if you get my drift.

I've managed to narrow the problem down to the code under (i think), but i can't get any further than this, basicly i need to give that code-snippet the correct (after-ccgv) total-sum, not the "before ccgv" sum.

affiliate_checkout_process.php:

?for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {
? ?$affiliate_total += $order->products[$i]['final_price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'];
?}

I don't know wether or not I would be better off posting this in the support-thread for the ccgv-contribution, but i thought someone in here might know a sollution.

help!  :rolleyes:

best regards

-vebj?rn

Did anyone find a solution to this bug yet?

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Here's a question for all international sites:

With the high cost of overseas postage I can't afford to pay commission on worldwide sales but I would not wish to exclude an affiliate simply on the basis of their own location.

I should like to set up an affiliate scheme which pays out *only* on sales delivered to addresses with the European Union (EU).

Any thoughts on how to go about this?

Here's a question for all international sites:

With the high cost of overseas postage I can't afford to pay commission on worldwide sales but I would not wish to exclude an affiliate simply on the basis of their own location.

I should like to set up an affiliate scheme which pays out *only* on sales delivered to addresses with the European Union (EU).

Any thoughts on how to go about this?

why not set the module up to only include the affiliate amount based on the sale price of the items...ie dont include shipping.

just a simple change to the affiliate_checkout_process.php file to remove the cost of shipping would cover it and make everyone happy world wide...

Hi Steve,

Thanks for thequick reply. I wish it were as simple as that.

We offer 'free worldwide shipping' but for example on orders sent to America we just make less profit on most items. I was thinking of just excluding those sales from the affiliate system entirely.

Edited by radders

hi

even if you are not familiar with affiliate 2.5 please still read this as you may be able to help remove the ssl/https problem!!

i have used version 2.5 of the affiliate and gone through all possible ideas about why the images were not being created in the affiliate build link/product/etc

i have gone through this forum and tried eveything...

i have just realied (after 2 weeks of getting nowhere) that when i click the image error (where the image should be but it doesn't show) the url opens with https:// even though i am not on ssl.

when i manually removed the 's' from 'https' from the browser it loaded correctly.....

please advise where to remove the ssl instruction or how to make the new url that opens up to go with http and not https

thanks

OK, I found how you can remove the s from the HTTPS but, when I remove the s, the link works properly but the image still is not appearing.

to remove the s goto catalog/affiliate_banners_build.php

in lines 99 and 105 you see HTTPS_SERVER (two times in each line) change all four to HTTP_SERVER

that will remove the s from the HTTPS.

Regards,

I forgot to ask another few questions so i apologise for the double post.

Which files do i edit to add my faqs, terms and conditions etc?

Also how do I Adjust the commision rate to pay as its not allowing me to in admin?

How do i delete the add a bank account boxes in signup?

Thanks.

Edited by lee246

languages/english/affiliate_faq.php etc.

You should be able to adjust it in admin->configuration. Failing that go into the congfiguation table in your database and change it there (try searching for %affiliate%)

I spent hours reading through all forums I could find, I PM the people who wrote this contribution, I asked for help in this forum and others and I received absolutely no answer.

What I found is that there are MANY people having the problem I have:

Using OSC affiliate and a paiement by credit card, sales are not recorded, affiliate is not credited and customer basket is not emptied. It is not because of a bad install, I tested with checks and it works fine

Which mean the contribution does not work with CC and despite others asking over and over for help on the same subject, there is no answer.

I use the version 2.00, maybe someone can let me know if there are any improvement with the last update or does it comes loaded with the same problem and no help?

Thanks

Lola

Ms2

OSC affiliate V2.00

Lola

OK, I found how you can remove the s from the HTTPS but, when I remove the s, the link works properly but the image still is not appearing.

to remove the s goto catalog/affiliate_banners_build.php

in lines 99 and 105 you see HTTPS_SERVER (two times in each line) change all four to HTTP_SERVER

that will remove the s from the HTTPS.

thanks alot.... we should all try to get along together is making this contribution work properly!! :-)

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I spent hours reading through all forums I could find, I PM the people who wrote this contribution, I asked for help in this forum and others and I received absolutely no answer.

What I found is that there are MANY people having the problem I have:

Using OSC affiliate and a paiement by credit card, sales are not recorded, affiliate is not credited and customer basket is not emptied. It is not because of a bad install, I tested with checks and it works fine

Which mean the contribution does not work with CC and despite others asking over and over for help on the same subject, there is no answer.

I use the version 2.00, maybe someone can let me know if there are any improvement with the last update or does it comes loaded with the same problem and no help?

Thanks

Lola

Ms2

OSC affiliate V2.00

sorry to hear of your probs....

the safest bet to install is v1.09 because it works fine -

it doesnt allow you the column left box with the all the options that v2.5 has not all affiliates want to have images etc of various sizes appearing in their webpages because their webpage layout gets disruptedand can appear out of place. especially if the affiliate master decides to remove the item, then the affiliate has to update the site. in this instance the banner only affiliate link is the best things to add and v1.09 does allow that to happen as well as build a link to items specifically by adding product ID numbers to create the text.

the back end operation where affilaites log in is fine too... try it and see what happens. even oscommerce freebie templates like the latest creloaded have the older v1.09 installed.

one of my test sites has v1.09 and it works super duper fine (commission rates, payouts, etc etc). i haven't tested v2.5 but it does appear to work

hope that helps... give v.109 a try :-)

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I have 2.03 running on several sites using all types of payment options and providing the module is installed properly the script works fine.

Ive seen people report issues where their cart isnt emptied after the end of a sale and these same people have issues with the affiliate sale not being recorded...

its not the affiliate module at fault but more likely another mod of hack that has been applied to the store.

I would not recommend 1.09 on any MS2 or newer store

from what ive seen the bug fixed 2.5 (neither henri or i did that release) has a few bugs of its own

90% of the time issesu with the script are caused by it not being installed properly

just go back thru the install of the module and compare the original checkout_process from a default copy of oscommerce wiht your own to ensure no other changes have been made.

I have 2.03 running on several sites using all types of payment options and providing the module is installed properly the script works fine.

Ive seen people report issues where their cart isnt emptied after the end of a sale and these same people have issues with the affiliate sale not being recorded...

its not the affiliate module at fault but more likely another mod of hack that has been applied to the store.

I would not recommend 1.09 on any MS2 or newer store

from what ive seen the bug fixed 2.5 (neither henri or i did that release) has a few bugs of its own

90% of the time issesu with the script are caused by it not being installed properly

just go back thru the install of the module and compare the original checkout_process from a default copy of oscommerce wiht your own to ensure no other changes have been made.

i never encountered probs with v1.09 - why would creloaded use it? why does it run fine on the site i have it on? even the affilaite logged in can see everything from hits received to money made etc.

if you dont suggest v1.09 or v2.5 - what are you proposing people add? which is the best?

thanks

CHOOCH

creloaded use 1.09 because that was what was available when they first developed it

I use the 2.03 release i did and i just apply the patches as discussed in this discussion

2.03 has far more front end functionality than 1.09

creloaded use 1.09 because that was what was available when they first developed it

I use the 2.03 release i did and i just apply the patches as discussed in this discussion

2.03 has far more front end functionality than 1.09

oh dude i get the picture.

i tested the v1.09 good and proper and thinks it fine as ALL aspects of it work.

v.2.5 however is screwed up, i can get affiliate commissions to show up in user or admin end. The hits show up though.

i have downloaded v2.03..... do you recommend a particular way of doing this? all the pages are the same so should i just load the sql and leave everything else?

please advise

thanks

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

I havent looked at this 2.5 contribution but i don know im getting a lot of people lodging bug tickets at my site on it, which is quite funny seeing its not my version.... but i know 2.03 works fine, just apply the bug fixes mentioned in these forums for it (which are mainly typos, and the missing faq files)