• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

Users using the Mozilla Firefox browser can't create an affiliate account.  When registering, the user gets the congratulations screen and the welcome email but the affiliate account doesn't really get created. 

Would someone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

I have this problem aswell. I have also noticed that if a mozilla 1,0 user clicks an affiliate banner, the clickthrough does not get recorded. Therefore it is likley that the commision from mozilla users will not be recorded either.

Signing up and recording clickthroughs in explorer works great though.

Please update me on this one if you can.!!

Many thanks.

/ Zipper

Hi,

Amen, ...... I asked basically the same question just a few days ago.

It would be nice to have a 2.031 or even a 2.04

Peter

Im working on it but im flat out at the moment, im hoping to have it wrapped up by the end of the month at the latest.

The next version will be the last i do before commencing on a MS3 version

I have this problem aswell. I have also noticed that if a mozilla 1,0 user clicks an affiliate banner, the clickthrough does not get recorded. Therefore it is likley that the commision from mozilla users will not be recorded either.

Signing up and recording clickthroughs in explorer works great though.

Please update me on this one if you can.!!

Many thanks.

/ Zipper

An interesting issue as i use Firefox and its workign fine on my own sites.

I'll do a bit more testing before the next release.

Heyo all, :)

fast question :

I have in my store now 28 merchants, we sale downladable Products.

Is the osc affiliate a add on, that my merchants can see how many they sale

and what for Provision they will come, and makes the Reports for ?

Report for sales :

everyday, every week, every month, every year ??

Normally i do all that in Exel and i search a better and faster way, to

do that.

Or is that a contrib, that members from other sites can send his users to our shop

and for that sales they will become a provission ?

Cheers

Hobbes

Sorry my bad english by the way ;)

I just noticed that not all clicks show a originating URL (they all show the name of the affiliate). Does somebody know why this happens (type of browser, cookies accepted or not, etc)? And does this have any influence on the right assignment of resulting sales to an affiliate?

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Jeroen Hendriks

Problem solved, I think.

I noticed that a new verion of Mozilla was out (1.0.1) and uninstalled ny current one (1.0) completely. Installed 1.0.1 and made the same tests.

Now it seems to be working great.

I?m thinking the problem me and some others had with mozilla not keeping/making affiliate sessions was client related in some way.

I?ll get back to you guys if the problem comes back.

Otherwise, thanks for the answers. :)

Regards

Zipper

An interesting issue as i use Firefox and its workign fine on my own sites.

I'll do a bit more testing before the next release.

I am using the affiliate contribution just for internal tracking. I just noticed that a link to domain.com/index.php?ref=6 works, but www.domain.com/index.php?ref=6 does not work - how do I get it to track using the www ? Is there something I am not seeing?

Also to link just to the home page, do I have to use /index.php?ref=6 or can I just use www.domain.com?ref=6 ?

I am installing osc-affiliate and when I attempt to install the files:

button_affiliate_build-a-link.php, and;

banner_affiliate_clickthroughs.php,

I get an error message saying "File name too long. Please try again." Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

muddparts.com

All right.... I'm actually going to try to post this in the right spot on this forum. What can I say: final exams are frying my brain.

Where does one change the option for approving affiliates?

Right now, when someone signs up, they're automatically listed as an affiliate. I'd like the option to approve them before they do somethings stupid. But, I can't find where on the admin side I can fix this.

Thanks!

Daphne

All right.... I'm actually going to try to post this in the right spot on this forum.  What can I say: final exams are frying my brain.

Where does one change the option for approving affiliates?

Right now, when someone signs up, they're automatically listed as an affiliate. I'd like the option to approve them before they do somethings stupid. But, I can't find where on the admin side I can fix this.

Thanks!

Daphne

I agree, it's a bit strange, but there's an acceptable work around. Just set the standard percentage to 0% and give the affiliate another percentage once you've approved his account.

Jeroen

I agree, it's a bit strange, but there's an acceptable work around. Just set the standard percentage to 0% and give the affiliate another percentage once you've approved his account.

Jeroen

No, not really because the new Affiliate can still do what ever they wish. I agree with the previous poster, there needs to be an approval thing added.

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

No, not really because the new Affiliate can still do what ever they wish. I agree with the previous poster, there needs to be an approval thing added.

Hmmm.... I'm sorry, I thought there was and there was just something wrong with my installation. Most of the faqs I've seen on sites state something about approval beforehand.

What exactly is it they can do. You make it sound like there's some potential harm they can do. Should I be alarmed...?

No, not really, but they do have access to all the links in the Affiliate Menus and Affiliate Account too.

It would be nice to be able to approve them first so that you can set restrictions on how they use your code. This will allow you to verify their websites and your code being used.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

No, not really, but they do have access to all the links in the Affiliate Menus and Affiliate Account too.

It would be nice to be able to approve them first so that you can set restrictions on how they use your code. This will allow you to verify their websites and your code being used.

I agree that this extra step would be nice.

Let me add that it would also be nice if there was some sort of alert for every new application. Right now there's no really easy way to find out if a new affiliate applied.

I just noticed that not all clicks show a originating URL (they all show the name of the affiliate). Does somebody know why this happens (type of browser, cookies accepted or not, etc)? And does this have any influence on the right assignment of resulting sales to an affiliate?

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Jeroen Hendriks

Any thoughts on this issue?

Especially the last part of the question is important to some of my affiliates. Does it have any effect on the recording of the sales?

Thanks, Jeroen

Hi All, Any idea why i get this error when clicking continue after creating an affiliate account?

1054 - Unknown column 'AFFILIATE_PAYMENT_ORDER_MIN_STATUS' in 'where clause'

select count(*) as count, sum(affiliate_value) as total, sum(affiliate_payment) as payment from affiliate_sales a left join orders o on (a.affiliate_orders_id=o.orders_id) where a.affiliate_id = '1' and o.orders_status >= AFFILIATE_PAYMENT_ORDER_MIN_STATUS

[TEP STOP]

Thanks in advance for any help,

Steve

Hi All, Any idea why i get this error when clicking continue after creating an affiliate account?

select count(*) as count, sum(affiliate_value) as total, sum(affiliate_payment) as payment from affiliate_sales a left join orders o on (a.affiliate_orders_id=o.orders_id) where a.affiliate_id = '1' and o.orders_status >= AFFILIATE_PAYMENT_ORDER_MIN_STATUS

[TEP STOP]

Thanks in advance for any help,

Steve

Did you edit the settings in catalog/admin/includes/affiliate_configure.php?

It should look like:

define ('AFFILIATE_PAYMENT_ORDER_MIN_STATUS','3') // Which status must an order have, to be billed

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Just added that code in but i'm still getting this error when i try to use it....

[TEP STOP]

Thanks again,

Steve

I'm having a strange problem with the insert of orders related to affiliates. When it inserts an affiliate sales it places two records into the database. The first has all information correct except the order id it uses 0, where as the second insert has all the correct information. Now if someone else places an order using that same affiliates id it gives an error:

1062 - Duplicate entry '0-1' for key 1

insert into affiliate_sales (affiliate_id, affiliate_date, affiliate_browser, affiliate_ipaddress, affiliate_value, affiliate_payment, affiliate_orders_id, affiliate_clickthroughs_id, affiliate_percent, affiliate_salesman) values ('1', '2005-03-29 23:11:07', 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)', '67.39.2.8', '5', '0.5', '', '', '10.00', '1')

[TEP STOP]

Why am I getting this double insert, I only see it calling that part once. And why is the first one always 0 for the order id?

Thanks for any help

Nevermind with my problem, seems there are two

// load the before_process function from the payment modules
 $payment_modules->before_process();

And you need to place the include to the affiliate module before the second one not the first one. :blush:

Is there a way to mark which products give a commission and ones that do not?i sell a mixture of tangible and intangible goods and some i dont make any profit on and with those i would like to not give out a commission. I know there is the contribution to make products authorized but from what i understand that is just for making the links correct? I would like to allow everyone to just point to my main page and get commission that way instead of making individual links.

TIA for any information

Is there a way to mark which products give a commission and ones that do not?i sell a mixture of tangible and intangible goods and some i dont make any profit on and with those i would like to not give out a commission. I know there is the contribution to make products authorized but from what i understand that is just for making the links correct? I would like to allow everyone to just point to my main page and get commission that way instead of making individual links.

TIA for any information

Yeah, You can choose what products to affiliate to