• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

how do i change the configuration of this mod, such as the percent and so forth,, it defaults to 10, where is that controlled at?

Thanks

Tom

catalog / admin / configuration / Affiliate Program

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

LOL

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

A few questions.

I just installed this contribution and I am very eager to get it up and running. It seems very well put together and I imagine this should bump up sales a bit (as well as create awesome backwards links) I have a few questions though.

1) Does anyone have the button image file for the Admin/Affiliates/Affiliate News (the one that says "New News Item")?

2) Same page, I have the text "EMPTY_CATEGORY" and "TEXT_NO_CHILD_CATEGORIES_OR_PRODUCTS". Does anyone know what these are supposed to say? I know where to put the Define commands, just don't know what they are supposed to read.

3) Has this mod been working with PayPal IPN? I can only use PayPal in my shop. When I do a test run no sales are being attributed to the affiliate id. All the thresholds were set to minimum and status was set to the lowest. Nothing...nadda...no sales. When I tested this with a credit card testing mod, it works great. Everything registers fine.

I am afraid to go live with this until I know that it works fine with PayPal. Also, I am using an older version (something like PayPal IPN 1.0... or something). It has been working great so there was never a need to upgrade to the newest version with a zillion extra files.

Does ANYONE have this working with PayPal?

This is a GREAT mod.... very user friendly and functions great right out of the box (just a little personalized tweaking). I just want this to work.... DAMN IT!!! lol

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to help... you guys are priceless!

What is the latest full package install to download?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

1)  Does anyone have the button image file for the Admin/Affiliates/Affiliate News (the one that says "New News Item")?

Go to http://www.cardhost.com/button_new_newsletter.gif

2)  Same page, I have the text "EMPTY_CATEGORY" and "TEXT_NO_CHILD_CATEGORIES_OR_PRODUCTS".  Does anyone know what these are supposed to say?  I know where to put the Define commands, just don't know what they are supposed to read.

In categories.php (admin language file)

define('TEXT_NO_CHILD_CATEGORIES_OR_PRODUCTS', 'Please insert a new category or product in this level.');

In products_multi.php (admin language file)

define('TEXT_NO_CHILD_CATEGORIES_OR_PRODUCTS', 'Please insert a new category or product in<br> <br><b>%s</b>');

3)  Has this mod been working with PayPal IPN?  I can only use PayPal in my shop.  When I do a test run no sales are being attributed to the affiliate id.  All the thresholds were set to minimum and status was set to the lowest.  Nothing...nadda...no sales.  When I tested this with a credit card testing mod, it works great.  Everything registers fine.

Do not know this as I do not use PayPal IPN due to all the conflicts that BOTH versions have with other contributions.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

What is the latest full package install to download?

I run osCAffiliate v2.03 from May 2004 and have no problems at all. All the rest seems to be just the Category Banners Add-On and all its bug fixes. Oh, and a few language files additions.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Thanks Scott...

I was wondering, do you have the button for the Affiliate News box (you gave me the one for the Newsletter)? I think the filename is button_new_news_item.gif

I have become obsessed with getting this mod to work because I truly believe that it will help my site skyrocket in Google (especially because my keywords are non-competetive, and I already rank really well with them) and because fellow health related sites are waiting for me to finish this - as they are very interested already. :'(

PayPal has gotten in the way of soooooo many mods I wanted to use. But, unfortunately, I am 37 years old and have a credit history like an Iraqi war zone, so no merchant is willing to give me an account. So, I am forced to use PayPal.

I already know that the affiliate program works great (using a credit card test mod)... so it really kills me that I can't get it to work with PayPal.

I know that you can pass hidden information through PayPal and have it return via the IPN, I just don't have a clue on how to modify the affiliate files to handle that.

ANYONE ELSE KNOW HOW??? lol

Anyway, thanks again Scott. I appreciate the help.

That IS the file.

Call TPayment Direct for a merchant account. I got one very easy with no credit check. Ask for Gail. If you get her voice mail, leave message and then call her back in an hour. You will catch her between calls.

Tell her that Scott Moore of Pop-the-top sent you.

TPS Customer Service: 1-800-922-2116 / 1-866-872-9347

Rep: Gail Green - 1-516-962-7862

http://www.tpaymentdirect.com/merchant.php

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Thanks Scott...

Are you sure we are talking about the same graphic file? The New Newsletter button is called button_new_newsletter.gif (that's the one you are giving me) and the other is called button_new_news_item.gif. The Affiliate Newletter button belongs on the page admin/affiliate_newsletters.php, while the Affiliate News button belongs on the page admin/affiliate_news.php. It is supposed to be located at admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_new_news_item.gif, but it wasn't in the package.

I will look into that payment system. Is there a module for that one? I can't find it.

Thanks again brother! :thumbsup:

Scott,

I had heard of that payment processor before, but couldnt find a mod to add it ,, for sure,, so i didnt check on it.

I am interested in using them as well.

Is there a mod to add them? and if so,, Would you mind if I say you sent me as well?

Regards

Tom

Just installed this great contribution. It looks like it has a lot of potential. After a little testing I noticed a few strange things:

- If you change the commission rate for an affiliate, the commission still is calculated using the default 10%

- Both summary pages (catalog and admin) keep showing the 10% although it has been changed.

- The admin affiliate page shows a rate of 10% (wrong) in the table and x% (right) in the infobox on the right.

Am I missing something?

Where is the default rate set? I would like to change it.

- The commision is calculated for sales that are pending (not delivered yet). How does this work and where can I change it?

If everything is working allright, I will translate this contribution into Dutch. Or is there already a Dutch translation I missed?

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Hendriks

Thanks Scott...

Are you sure we are talking about the same graphic file?  The New Newsletter button is called button_new_newsletter.gif (that's the one you are giving me) and the other is called button_new_news_item.gif.  The Affiliate Newletter button belongs on the page admin/affiliate_newsletters.php, while the Affiliate News button belongs on the page admin/affiliate_news.php. It is supposed to be located at admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_new_news_item.gif, but it wasn't in the package.

I will look into that payment system.  Is there a module for that one?  I can't find it.

Thanks again brother!  :thumbsup:

Yes, at least it is in my code. The file names are as you state, button_new_newsletter.gif and button_new_news_item.gif are the same image - just with different file names.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Call TPayment Direct for a merchant account. I got one very easy with no credit check. Ask for Gail. If you get her voice mail, leave message and then call her back in an hour. You will catch her between calls.

Tell her that Scott Moore of Pop-the-top sent you.

TPS Customer Service: 1-800-922-2116  /  1-866-872-9347

Rep: Gail Green - 1-516-962-7862

http://www.tpaymentdirect.com/merchant.php

Hey Scott,

Is that the payment system you are using on your site? If so, is there a contribution to handle that system? I kinda need to know if I can actually implement that payment system before I start contacting them.

Thanks again for your help.

Hey Scott,

Is that the payment system you are using on your site?  If so, is there a contribution to handle that system?  I kinda need to know if I can actually implement that payment system before I start contacting them.

Thanks again for your help.

Yes it is, but you guys do not understand. TPayment Direct is NOT a payment gateway or some time of online payment processor like PayPal, YowCow and any others of that type.

With TPayment Direct, you get your very own merchant account. You will process your own CC sales through YOUR OWN CC machine or software on YOUR computer. 48 to 72 hours later, it will be deposited into your checking account automatically.

As far as the payment module that you will use through osC, you will just use the stock CC payment module that comes with osC. When an order comes in, you process the credit cards yourself.

They also use AuthorizeNet if you really want to pay the out landish fees associated with them. I do not, I manually process all my CC orders as they come in.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Simon, in case no one told you... U ROCK!!!

I have no coding skills whatsoever. I was worried that these two awesome contribs wouldn't work together. I eventually found your note below, and now they both work!

I'll say it again. U ROCK!

Chris

I've tried it and it seems to work fine.

Only applicable if you have TotalB2B and osc affiliates installed.

In catalog/includes/classes/currencies.php

create a new function display_affiliates_price() with the original functionality like so:

//fix for conflict between osc affiliates contribution and totalB2B contribution
function display_affiliates_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {
? ? ?return $this->format(tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax) * $quantity);
? ?}

Then find every call to display_price() in affiliate code - catalog ONLY

don't change admin code

replace:

display_price

with:

display_affiliates_price

and that's it.

I hope that helps.

Simon

I'm working with an affiliate who is concerned that their site will lead customers to ours, but that the customer will bookmark our page and come back later to make the purchase. Is there any provision to track where the customer first came from? In otherwords, is it tracked in a cookie or is there an easy way to resolve that loophole?

Ken,

that is set in u'r admin panel,

under configuration, affiliate program.

cookie life

you can set how long the cookie lives for them to return to make a purchase and it be counted to the proper affiliate.

two weeks, a month,, u set the time frame.

Hope this helps

Tom

Is there any way to manually remove a sale from an affiliates sales or to manually add a sale to an affiliates sales? What if there is some mistake; how do you correct where sales belong?

I have moved on from oscommerce to magento and no longer monitoring this site.

Hi,

Just looking through the osC Affiliate contribution, and is version 2.03 (3rd May 2004) _really_ the last full release of this contribution ??

Considering there have been no less than 15 additions to the contribution since, some of them definitely bug fixes, is there not a 2.04 somewhere. :(

Thanks,

Peter

Hi,

Does anyone have a full version of this up to date with the bug fixes? It's like every download is one or two files of a whole package.

Can someone put it all togehter for me?

Amen, ...... I asked basically the same question just a few days ago.

It would be nice to have a 2.031 or even a 2.04

Peter