• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

I am running OS Commerce on two seperate sites on the same server. Both sites use the OSC Affiliate contribution. I also have a lot of the same affiliates on both sites. Today one of my affiliates notified me that he could log into his affiliate account on one site, then change the url to the other site and be logged into another affiliate's account on that other site. He could then edit the affiliates info, see their reports, etc.

I also tried to do it with a customer account and luckily it seems to only be possible with the affiliate log in.

Any suggestions? It sounds like a cookie or session issue to me, but I wanted to get some other opinions as this could also be affecting many of you. Thanks.

have looked at a lot of posts didn't find the answer to this. sorry if it is a repetition.

in my affiliate admin under summary (and sales report alike) i get this:

Impressions: [?]  n/a                                          Visits: [?]  0

Transactions: [?]  0                                  Conversion: [?]  n/a

Sales Amount: [?] TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO        Sales Average: [?] TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO

Clickthrough Rate: [?]  TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO  Pay Per Sale Rate: [?] TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO

Commission Rate: [?]  5.00%                      Commission: [?] TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO

where can i find the and fix the TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO ?

Anybody? any help?

Did you try? Did you fail? No matter! Try again. Fail again! But fail better!

I've installed the affiliates contrib and all seems to be working except that if you click on the link to show the pop-up that gives you the product id I see "&nbsp949" under product id. The id is correct, just has the " " in front of it. How can I fix this? Where did I go wrong?

Also, in the build a link function is it supposed to show the large image of your product? Is there a way to change that to resize the images to something smaller?

Howard

Hi all, Sorry if this question has been answered somewhere in the 64 pages of OSC-Affiliate threads but here goes:

I guess the answer is probably NO but is there any way to set particular products to be excluded from the Affiliate commisions scheme?

eg. I have a product that's markup is so small I can't even offer 5% to the affiliate so I wanted to exclude it from the Affiliate program, all other products are fine and have enough markup to cater for a commission.

Thanks to everyone in the osCommerce community, a great project like this is testimony to what people can do collectively when we all work together for a greater good.

Here's a suggestion I'm brain storming for:

Each affiliate can assign what price bracket their customer's will see. So all people who go to www.yoursite.com?ref=1, will see prices their referrer set. This will of course would probably effect his commision rate.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas on this..

It seems that there is virtually no support for this MOD. All I can find are questions and no answers. But anyway, I will give it a shot...

PAYMENTS

How will i know when to bill comission to affiliate? Under Payments everything is still blank, under sales everything is blank. I have set treshold to 1 and days before billing to 1, but still... it says that there are no sales or commissions to be paid?????

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

eg. I have a product that's markup is so small I can't even offer 5% to the affiliate so I wanted to exclude it from the Affiliate program, all other products are fine and have enough markup to cater for a commission.

Not possible with the Addon

But lock at affiliate_checkout_process.php

?for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {
? ?$affiliate_total += $order->products[$i]['final_price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'];
?}

to:

?for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {
? ?if($order->products[$i]['skip_affiliate'] == '1') continue;
? ?$affiliate_total += $order->products[$i]['final_price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'];
?}

You must adjust the rest of the shop that you have $order->products[$i]['skip_affiliate']

add skip_affiliate to products and get it it into the orderclass...

Edited by henri

There is no support because (and i dont speak for Henri but im sure he would agree) we are both very busy, this mod was developed 2 years ago and almost every problem has been answered at least twice in this discussion.

Ive been off the scene for ages after first having to deal with family issues a year ago and since then my Partner was in Hospital for 3 months prior to the birth of our first child, and my work committments have kept me overly busy.

I personally get about 40 odd emails a week asking questions and i just dont have the time to answer them.

You can run the payments process whenever you want, and depending on what the threshold and days to billing settings.

If under sales is still blank then the sales arent being recorded against the affiliate.

Go back and check the installation of the module, if the clickthrus are bieng recorded but not the sales then it probably the code in the checkout process missing or in the wrong place, if neither are showing up then its more than likely not added in properly on application_top

I know its a lot to read thru but this discussion will answer almost every issue that has arisen (apart from the Tiers system)

It seems that there is virtually no support for this MOD.

Cause no new problems occur ;)

How will i know when to bill comission to affiliate?

So as always:

check if the sale is registered in Admin (if not check installation).

and provision > treshold

and order status = delivered

and order is older than days before billing

Ok, thanks...

I will take a look at the checkout process and application_top. The clicks are being recorded but the sales are not.

As far as the "Payment Threshold", I want it to be $25.00 so do I add it in as 25 or 25.00 or $25.00?

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

I looked and I do have the checkout_process file edited correctly.

// Include OSC-AFFILIATE

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'affiliate_checkout_process.php');

is just above

// load the after_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->after_process();

Hmmmm

I do have my store located in http://www.popthetop.com/catalog - Does that matter? I heard that the contribution was designed with the store in the domain's root. If so, do I need to make any changes?

Edited by PopTheTop

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Ok, ok... One more...

The Order Min Status configuration, what is that? I know what it does but how do I know what number/column to enter here???

I currently have a number 3 so what does 3 mean?

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Ok, ok... One more...

The Order Min Status configuration, what is that? I know what it does but how do I know what number/column to enter here???

I currently have a number 3 so what does 3 mean?

in administration you have three "degrees" of your order .. that you update .. first is in received then it is "in process" and last is "delivered" ...

Each stage that you update customers order it sends out status notification .. and in this example .. 3 means that order must have status delivered and then can bi billed to affiliate ..

sorry my english :)

Well, as far as the order status the I have setup up, this is what I have...

1 - Pending

2 - Processing

3 - Shipped

4 - Canceled

5 - Deleted

6 - On Backorder

7 - HOLD

Should I still use a number 3 there?

Edited by PopTheTop

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Ok, did more testing and now I have it working. I re-uploaded all my modified files and made a few changes to the admin/includes/affiliate_configure.php and everything works like a charm.

Just wish that I can delete or edit the summary reports without going into the database, but all is well. Great contribution!!!!!!!!

I did make a few changes to the invoice to make it better looking. Below is a copy of mine. If you want to have it, PM me and I will send it to you...

screenshot.jpg

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Well, as far as the order status the I have setup up, this is what I have...

1 - Pending

2 - Processing

3 - Shipped

4 - Canceled

5 - Deleted

6 - On Backorder

7 - HOLD

Should I still use a number 3 there?

Use whichever you feel comfotable with. It depends on whether you want your affiliates to have credit for sales that havent been completed (and may or may not become fraudulent or void)

as for editing the summary for what purpose???

I like the invoice, feel free to PM me a copy of it and i'll look at workign it into the release im workign on for ms3

hmm .. just thinking with my mind open :)

On payment section there is option for each order to print out invoice. Sometimes order amount is not so high .. and for payout, affiliate have to reach certain amount for payout.

If this amount is i.e. 100$ and per order there are few dollars commision, there is no use for giving out invoice for few dollars. Is it possible to make checkboxes which orders to include into one invoice. That would be more useful ... let's say, i'll put out an invoice for 10 orders .. and them to be listed in invoice and at the end TOTAL.

that's what i'm talking about :)

please, consider this modification.

thanx

are you trying to say that if affiliate make 3 sales in payment treshold (let's say in a month), those three sales will be displayed in one invoice when i click button "Start Billing"?

yes that make sense if it so .... :)

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post but omg searching through forums is making my head explode. Anyhow. I installed this contribution today and everything works fine. And all is peachy but I really only want each affil to have a link to the entire shop not just one product and I figured out how to do that. My question is: A. how do I get rid of

Banner Links

Build a Link

Product Links

Text Links

In the menu. I've tried searching and I guess my a.d.d. kicked in bc I got frustrated. OR B. Why are these pages blank? If I can fill them I will keep them. Im sure this has been answered elsewhere so I apologize for my American ignorance in advance.

One more question: all of the affil pages are lacking the standard bottom colored table. You know where it says "continue" and so forth, on stock osc pages theyre all in colored tables and I wanted to know how I could change all the affil files to match the rest of the site.

My page if you need it is at www.psychostickers.com/shop

Thanks!

have looked at a lot of posts didn't find the answer to this. nobody answered this question earlier either. sorry for repetition just in case.

in my affiliate admin under summary (and sales report alike) i get this:

Impressions: [?] n/a Visits: [?] 0

Transactions: [?] 0 Conversion: [?] n/a

Sales Amount: [?] TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO

Sales Average: [?] TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO

Clickthrough Rate: [?] TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO

Pay Per Sale Rate: [?] TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO

Commission Rate: [?] 5.00% Commission: [?] TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO

where can i find and fix the TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO ?

i have used the latest version of oscaffiliate!

Did you try? Did you fail? No matter! Try again. Fail again! But fail better!

You should install:

3 May 2004 - osCAffiliate v2.03

You will need to scroll down a ways to get there. All others are just updates and not complete.

--------------

But anyway... Open your affiliate php files and search for "TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO" and you will see that it is calling a language define called "TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO". You should be able to just add that into your language file matching the same file name that you found "TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO" in.

Just add a new line like as follows:

define('TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO','0');

or

define('TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO','None');

or

define('TEXT_PRICE_IS_ZERO','N/A');

Hope that helps...

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

For wwaht do you think  payment treshold stands?

still i have second thoughts ... if payment in month doesn't exceed amount for payout, and it is brought to next month .. then next month i will have two invoices .. and with my idea .. there could be checkboxes and mark out invoices for a TOTAL invoice ..

and another .. if affiliate doesn't reach amount in one month (i.e.) and money or commision or payment .. whatever ... moves to next month, then i will have to calculate on hands if invoice of prevoius month and this one exceed payment amount or it will be moved to third month ...

uff .. it it complicated to write such things in english :)

yet another opinion ...

how about reseting sales or add new column .. "since your last payment of XXX$, you have added XXX $ to your account in this month .. as i understand Sales are added one after another are cumulative not depending on treshold payout!?