• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

I've installed the Affiliate Program but I am able to access my shops admin panel, but i am unable to access the shops Main page. i get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/xxxxx/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 508

And i did the followin process correctly:

CATALOG ALTERATIONS

In application_top.php in the catalog/includes directory enter at the end of the file before ?>:

// Include OSC-AFFILIATE
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'affiliate_application_top.php');

Does anyone know How i can correct this error?

Thanks in advance,

Edited by Music Groove Entertainment

Hi guys,

I'm having slight trouble with displaying banners with OSC affiliate. Text links work fine, however the banner images are not displaying correctly for banner links. Below is a screenshot:

screenshot.jpg

I'd appreciate any help or advice on fixing this problem. Thanks.

What about "Affiliate-tier" i mean Multilevel Affiliate provision. It`s perfect function, but how it can work if affiliater can`t see report this some information abot their tierlevel web-masters (affiliaters)?

how do we set multi tier affiliates ? The control panel allows to set the commissions and all, but I couldn't a place to actually assign one affiliate as sub affiliate of other affiliate. If someone can brief me or post a link to documentation that would be really appriciated.

Hi guys,

I'm having slight trouble with displaying banners with OSC affiliate. Text links work fine, however the banner images are not displaying correctly for banner links. Below is a screenshot:

screenshot.jpg

I have the same problem, can someone help, all the rest of the images in the site work fin but the ones for creating a banner don't, build a link etc..

thank you

I believe there is an error in the affiliate_application_top.php file. When I installed OSC-Afflilate the index page would bring up a Cannot Redeclare... error. So I started looking through some of the code and saw at the bottom of affiliate_application_top.php the last line of code is something like require(DIR_WS_INCLUDE . 'affiliate_application_top.php'); why would it need to require it's own file? Anyway I deleted it seems to work just fine. Is this just an error? Or is it suppose to require another file? I've seen there are some other people on the forums that seem to have the same problem I had. I assume that that line of code only interferes with certain set ups.

I am trying to get the affiliate_signup.php to show company information. I see that there is a function that determines if the affiliate is a personal or company account. How do I get the company settings to appear. I am intersted in the Tax ID field so we can issue tax statements to those companies.

QUOTE (importhookup @ Jul 9 2004, 09:29 PM)

Hi guys,

I have the same problem, can someone help, all the rest of the images in the site work fin but the ones for creating a banner don't, build a link etc..

thank you

Q: Banner: Links to banners work. Images don't display

A: - In the affiliate_configure.php you can activate a debug modus for affiliate_show_banners.

- Try changing define ('AFFILIATE_KIND_OF_BANNERS','2');to 1 in catalog/includes/affiliate_configuration.php.

Then you should see where it tries to get the images from.

Well, I have found the problem with MY banners... The problem is that the images are not being pulled from the correct directory.

domain.com/images

and it should be:

domain.com/catalog/images

Where is that specified for the affiliate program? All other images are FINE, even in the affiliate addon. It seems to be ONLY when it is producing the banners.

I have messed with this for 3 days now, almost 30 hours total! I have fixed allot of things. I am sorry that I did not document all the changes. I have them in my head so I might try to jot them down and add to the contrib.

Thanks!

Nevermind. I think i got it. You just don't put in an image. Although the link still shows up in the Banner Links page.

change this line in affiliate_banners_banners.php

$affiliate_banners_values = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_AFFILIATE_BANNERS . " order by affiliate_banners_title");

to this

$affiliate_banners_values = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_AFFILIATE_BANNERS . " where affiliate_banners_image != '' order by affiliate_banners_title");

Holy CRAP! Man.... I got my affiliate banners to show up now! WOW, what a headache!!

In your MAIN config (/includes/configure.php) make sure that this line

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://domain.com); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

is actually pointing to your CART!

Example:

If OSCommerce is installed at domain.com/shop

then your configure.php needs to be:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://domain.com/shop); //

What a SMALL little error to give me HOURS of fits!

There is obviously some errors in the code if this has to be modified only for this contrib. If I had time, I would search and fix, but this fix works for me and hopefully for everyone else that has problems with the banners not showing up.

i would like to know if anyone ever found out how to create affiliate links that will take the person directly to a category instead of a product. i tried looking through the osc affiliate thread, but i did not really see an answer. if someone can point me in the right direction, i would appreciate it.

thanks

If ALL (not link to both cats and prods) you want to do is create the links to the catagories and not each product, it should be that hard to modify the files. I am at a remote location tonight or I would look at it more....

I would START by looking in /admin/affiliate_banners.php and see how it builds the links. Look in MySQL also to see how it is stored.

Once you edit the code to the /path/to/catagories -product

If I could see the code I could help a bit more.

Also, look at at the catalog files to see how they are reading the banner links. If they are reading a /path/to/the/catagory/product it seems easy enough to simply delete the /product

Again, sorry I cant help more tonight but that should help get you started if you want it really bad :)

If ALL (not link to both cats and prods) you want to do is create the links to the catagories and not each product, it should be that hard to modify the files. I am at a remote location tonight or I would look at it more....

I would START by looking in /admin/affiliate_banners.php and see how it builds the links. Look in MySQL also to see how it is stored.

Once you edit the code to the /path/to/catagories -product

If I could see the code I could help a bit more.

Also, look at at the catalog files to see how they are reading the banner links. If they are reading a /path/to/the/catagory/product it seems easy enough to simply delete the /product

Again, sorry I cant help more tonight but that should help get you started if you want it really bad :)

i would like to be able to do both products and categories. not entirely necessary for both, but it would be nice.

i am not really good with php at all. i am just good at following the directions on how to change it :P :D

so if you or anyone can help out, it will be appreciated. thanks!

Two q's

1. Does OSC Affiliate only give the affiliate percent on the sale that he generate, or does OSC Affiliate store the customer account information and give the affiliate percentage also on the second sale for that customer, even if the customer went directly to my webshop and not thru the affiliate link?

2. How does OSC Affiliate work with coupons?

Will the affiliate get percentage on the actual sale, what the customer paid for the goods. Or will he get percentage on what the goods cost without any discount?

Thanks,

Fredrik

CREATING LINKS TO CATEGORIES.

Hi All,

I would like to create banners for my affiliates that link to categories rather then products. Just wondering if the following would work:

http://www.teetimesamerica.com/index.php?ref=1&cPath=259

If a visitor used this link and then ordered something would the affiliate still recieve the credit? As long as i know the customer will actually be credited i can build a quick and dirty link/banner creator.

Thanks!

rw

Rwfresh,

I would like to create banners for my affiliates that link to categories rather then products. Just wondering if the following would work

Yes and No.

If you install the contribution as is (with no modifications) the affiliate should get credit. However, you would not be able to track which category was clicked.

I modified my version so I can also track clicked products and/or categories. I'm trying to decipher my code so I can post it in the thread, if it's requested.

HTH,

Robert

Can non-expiring cookies be set in osc affiliate? If so, do I just put "0" as the cookie lifetime? To have a 45-day cookie lifetime, I assume I enter 3,888,000, since it's in seconds. Can the setting be changed to "days" instead of seconds?

Can someone tell me how affiliates can obtain the product number for an item they wish to link to with the Build a Link feature? I read about a product number pop-up mod on about page 63 of this thread, but that was written for a previous version of osc affiliate. Is there another solution?

Also, is there any way to have sales that have been made, but have not yet passed the "billing time" period reflected on the affiliates' summary pages? For example, a "pending sales" figure? Or must they wait until the billing time (e.g. 30 days) has passed before seeing any activity?

Also, It would be great if someone can comment on my last post above :) Thanks.