• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

Hi, I have installed the contrib OSC Affiliate 2.0 and everything seems to be working OK except under Admin > Affiliates, when I try to go to Affiliate News or Affiliate Newsletter, I get the following error mesg:

Access denied:

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem. I have no problem accessing any other pages through Admin on my webhosts server. Why only these two? (admin/affiliate_news.php; affiliate_newsletters.php. I have tried changing the permissions on the files via ftp to 744 but that doesn't help either. :(

Any help would be appreciated....

Mary-Ann

Chief Cook and Bottlewasher

Jack-of-All-Trades

Running 2.2MS2

In the section of payments of the administrator, to put to "star billing", when I give him does not appear nothing, I do not have a pair of affiliated of demo, but as this part of the administration works, not to be either published % of gain by defect.

THNX

HI, i'm very interesed in this contrib.

Just need to know if i can give a flat amout for every sale in the store?

Wharever the item is, i only want to give a 2 dlls amount fro evey sale...

Hi Bangin, i can't found the option to add the flat amout per sale, i think thaa by the moment the only option is pay per percentage.

Are you sure that there is a flat amout per sale option?

Thanks...

Hello

I have recently upgrded to the lastest version (MAY2004)

I have a problem with Affiliate Summary page

When I keep the following in the code the page doesn't load.

When it is removed the page loads correctly. Is this really required ?

What does it do anyway ? ( I don't have much knowledge of PHp)

Is this

<?php
 if ($messageStack->size('account') > 0) {
?>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo $messageStack->output('account'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
<?php
}
?>

Hello, still the same problem - and no one to help?

Hi, I have installed the contrib OSC Affiliate 2.0 and everything seems to be working OK except under Admin > Affiliates, when I try to go to Affiliate News or Affiliate Newsletter, I get the following error mesg:

Access denied:

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem. I have no problem accessing any other pages through Admin on my webhosts server. Why only these two? (admin/affiliate_news.php; affiliate_newsletters.php. I have tried changing the permissions on the files via ftp to 744 but that doesn't help either. 

Any help would be appreciated....

Mary-Ann

Jack-of-All-Trades

Running 2.2MS2

:P After rechecking, I do have this under Admin and I am now able to open the Affiliate News and Affiliate Newsletter section. Thanks.

Now I still have another problem! When in Admin > Links Manager > I get this error msg:

1146 - Table 'alive.table_links_status' doesn't exist

select links_status_id, links_status_name from TABLE_LINKS_STATUS where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I have run the setup file. I'm not sure where to go to from here...

Mary-Ann

Jack-of-All-Trades

Running 2.2MS2

Mary Ann,

Check your installation and the changes made to /catalog/includes/database_tables.php

The installation instructions might not be complete, but there should be a define for TABLE_LINKS_STATUS. Just create another define statement as shown below for whatever the name of the database is for TABLE_LINKS_STATUS:

// VJ Links Manager v1.00 begin
 define('TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES', 'link_categories');
 define('TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', 'link_categories_description');
 define('TABLE_LINKS', 'links');
 define('TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION', 'links_description');
 define('TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES', 'links_to_link_categories');
// VJ Links Manager v1.00 end

Mary Ann,

Ignore the above post...It won't let me edit it.

Check your installation and the changes made to /catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

Did you make the proper changes to /catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php (notice admin side)? There is separate instructions for changes to /catalog/includes/database_tables.php (notice its catalog and not admin)?

Just for your information, these define statements are used throughout osc code. So whenever you have an error where your database or php file can not find a something called "FILENAME_SOMETHING" or "TABLE_SOMETHING" or "TEXT_SOMETHING" or anything similar to that (usually in all caps), 99% of the time it means you forgot to create the define statement which associates the "FILENAME_SOMETHING" to an actual filename or "TABLE_SOMETHING" to an actual database table name etc. In your case, the database is looking for a table called TABLE_LINKS_STATUS, which obviously doesn't exist. Once the define statement is correctly done, it will find the correct table name which is "links_status"

Safoo

You were spot on! I had in fact put both of the define statements in the same file catalog/includes/database_tables.php.

All seems to be OK now! :D (That is for my test shop on local - now I have to do the same for the LIVE shop).

Mary-Ann

Jack-of-All-Trades

Running 2.2MS2

I do not understand how the affiliate_banners_products.php works. I have read through this whole thread and have only found a couple of mentions of it, but no fix. It is blank except for 'Choose the product you want to display on your website from the choices below:'

Can someone please tell me what am I supposed to do with this?

Thanks so much.

affiliate_banners_products.php is for banners that you create from admin. If you haven't made any banners for specific products in admin then nothing will show to the user. The user can use 'build a link' to link to products, but that will use the default image for the banner.

Hi Safoo,

Thank you so much for your reply. I don't plan on making specific banners and just let the affiliates use the Build a link to their choice of products.

So I can remove this page and there won't be a problem?

Hi Safoo,

Is there a way to change the banners and product images so that the affiliates are not linking to images on my site? Another words, they would save the image to their own site and use the code to link to the site only.

I guess it would have to be changed in the page that creates the codes to the banners and to the images.

Is this possible or too difficult? Is there pros and cons to doing this?

Thanks so much.

It would be too much work for your affiliates and it would make everything more manual than automated, driving your affiliates away from your site. You have to have instructions telling them to save the file, then go back into the link and change XXX.jpg to the filename etc. etc. It would be too much of a hassle for your affiliates.

I would say leave the affiliate method the way it is. It doesn't really use that much bandwidth, and even if it does, thats the cost of having more customers browsing your site or seeing your products and company name on other sites, which should lead to more sales.

Hi Safoo,

Yes, you are right. I knew it would be more work for them, but I thought the bandwidth would be worth it.

I'll leave it.

Thank you so very much for your help and advice!

I am wondering if there is a way for the affiliate program to generate affiliate code for all the products I have on my site. I have an affiliate who wants to create a bookstore containing all my products with images and descritions....is there a way to do this easily?

g'day

the affiliate program is working great, but there is one prob in my version. when i sart billing, the partner get's a email with his payment information, but in the admin panel (admin/affiliate_payment.php) and under the useres account (affiliate_payment.php?payment_id=XYZ) there is no entry with his payment amount. does someone know why this happened ?