• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

I don't think there is an easy way to block this from happening, But you can set limits on the percentage. For instance if your profit is 50% on your products, you could set the limit on commission to 10% and limit on customer discount to 10%, thus max they could save is 20%...leaving you still making 30% profit.

I do see your point though. there needs to be some way of cross checking the commissions to verify the sale did not get credited for commission on self purchases.

Thanks for you reply sir LEO

What is the difference between commission and customer discount you talked about?

mmmm, I only sell 4 subscriptions so in this way avery client can get the commission discount by seting up a affiliate account.

Becoming an affiliate does not reduce the rate they get charged for product or services. It only gives them a commission on the sales that are generated through their affiliate ID.

Discount is different because it allows you to discount based on what you are selling.

Commission and Discount are two totally different things, but can be used in conjunction to give added benefit. When combined, they can also be abused if you aren't careful.

Example, if you are commissioning at 25% and discounting at 25% and your profit is 50%, then you have lost all profits.

With the situation you have, I would implement some policies.

1. That you only mail out after they have been subscribed at least 30 days.

2. That they actually do refer people. In other words, No traffic from them, no money.

3. They must agree to receive the affiliate newsletter because it is the channel used for communicating information to them.

You could also add that they must refer a subscriber if you want. But realisticly, their only job is to get the traffic to your site. It is website designer/store owner responsibility to make the site and banners appealing enough to make a conversion.

I see what you are getting at. It sucks to have people sign up just to get a kickback commission because they are only taking up more space.

However, on the other hand. Even if they aren't generating traffic, you have an email address that you can send newsletters, which could later generate traffic.

Sorry if I'm rambling. I try to be descriptive and helpful..probably too much...=)

I am sorry if thes questions are somewhere else in this forum. I really searched for the best solution before posting. Thanks for this great contribution!

1. Is it possible to create product links from the admin side like creating banners? Frome all the posts I've read I get the impression this is something I am missing in my install. I am able to create banners from admin side, but cannot seem to locate a create product link in the admin side.

2. Is there a way to get my banner images to appear with out changing AFFILIATE_KIND_OF_BANNERS to 1 ? I would like to be able to (option #2 Banners are shown with affiliate_show_banner.php; bannerviews are counted )

- I found this in a Nov 2003 post -->

change

$pic = DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner;

to

$pic = DIR_FS_CATALOG .'/' . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner;

however that did not seem to be the proper fix.

When I change the settings in the configure.php my normal images don't appear.

Does anyone have a good solution to this?

In my testing so far everything else seems fine - of course I am just beginning to test...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

I have the same problem with this mod, but I am closer to finding the problem.

in the affiliate_show_banner.php i found that there is an entry for DIR_WS_CATALOG, which does not exist in my osC.

I added it to configure.php at the bottom to make it report properly.

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');

however, banners still do not show...still working on it

I hate replying to my own message...but...

well here is the fix...

In /includes/affiliate_configure.php, just before ?>

ADD

// Affiliate Banner Fix
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');

Then

In affiliate_show_banner.php,

LOOK FOR

<?php 
   $pic = DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner;
   echo $pic . "<br>";
   if (!is_file($pic)) {
     echo "failed<br>";
   } else {
     echo "success<br>";
   }
?>

AND REPLACE WITH

<?php 
   $pic = DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner;
   echo $pic . "<br>";
   if (!is_file($pic)) {
     echo "failed<br>";
   } else {
     echo "success<br>";
   }
?>

If that does not work for you let me know.

i have this installed on my site and it works great.

however i was trying to set it up on my friends site and i get this error when trying to create an affiliate account on his website.

1146 - Table 'cuddlypu_buy.TABLE_AFFILIATE' doesn't exist

select affiliate_email_address from TABLE_AFFILIATE where affiliate_email_address = '[email protected]'

[TEP STOP]

i am not good at all with php or mysql so any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Thanks, Sir Leo - that did the job along with this: the path was missing the "/" between catalog & the images folder. I actually created a folder named "catalogimages" & placed the images in that folder to be served for the banners & product images. At first I thought it was an added 'pain in the...", but found it was actually a good idea. I now have a folder with the product images all the same width (in my case 100p) - whereas the images in my standard image folder are sometimes different.

I noticed this looking at some of my affiliates sites. It seems they prefer consitency & well, by accident this offered that.

Thanks...

Tony Mazz

i have this installed on my site and it works great.

however i was trying to set it up on my friends site and i get this error when trying to create an affiliate account on his website.

1146 - Table 'cuddlypu_buy.TABLE_AFFILIATE' doesn't exist

select affiliate_email_address from TABLE_AFFILIATE where affiliate_email_address = '[email protected]'

[TEP STOP]

i am not good at all with php or mysql so any help will be appreciated.

thanks

any ideas?

:blink:

I got osc affiliate finally working correctly with banners, product links, sales, etc. I recently received a question from a customer that I wasn't able to figure out. How can one link to a category? I know how to link to the main page and to a specific product, but what would the url look like for a category. For example the category:

http://www.mystore.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=3

Where does the "ref=N" go so that the osc affiliate recognized the referring site?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, guys, I recently have been thinking about get the affiliate feature on my site, however, is it difficult to manage the affiliate sales?? Is it true?? I mean all the sales transactions...payment managements....and more?? I mean is a small company...say..only 2 people managing the store...is it smart to get the affiliate??

Thank you all for sharing... :rolleyes:

OS-commerce is great, but with other magical contributions, that is just so "COOL"!

Can anyone tell me what would happen in this scenario..

Affiliate X signs up and gets 20 customers to make purchases. Affiliate X gets credited for each those sales. Now one of those 20 customers, Customer Y decides to sign up as an affiliate. They are now Affiliate Y. They now get 20 customers to make purchases..

Does Affiliate X still get credit for Customer Y's sales once they become an affiliate?

I'm guessing that Customer Y, now affiliate Y, would start making their sales using their code so I want to know what happens here..

Has anybody run into a situation like this where your affiliates customers sign up to be affiliates themselves?

Thanks..

Blueheart,

I believe in the configuration there is an option to allow/disallow tiers. I believe if you have it disabled, then each affiliate gets credit only for sales from customers directly under it. Meaning, the parent gets credit only for the child's sales and not the grandchildren. I could be wrong about the whole thing so if you test it by creating 2 accounts let everyone in the thread know the results.

Hi All

I am installing this mod and have got this point and hit a problem i need help with?

In catalog/includes/column_left.php (or whereever you want the box) find

if ( (USE_CACHE == 'true') && !SID) {

echo tep_cache_categories_box();

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');

}

if ( (USE_CACHE == 'true') && !SID) {

echo tep_cache_manufacturers_box();

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturers.php');

}

and on a new line add this after it:

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'affiliate.php');

When i add this to the the page i lose my right hand page and products on the main page can any one advise how i can add this bit in.

Edited by chrispuxty

I've a very stupid question, which might have been asked a LOT of times before, however :

There seems to be no interface to add banners to OSC Affiliate, and when I try to add them manually using PHPMyAdmin, OSCAffiliate does not seem to load the first part of it's script. When I take a peek at the Source of the page that is generated the only thing I see is <BR>.

These are the results of the DEBUG tool :

Check the pathes! (catalog/includes/configure.php)

absolute path to picture: DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/images/banners/FLEX-partner.jpg

build with: DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner

DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT

DIR_WS_CATALOG /

DIR_WS_IMAGES images/

$banner banners/FLEX-partner.jpg

SQL-Query used: select affiliate_banners_image, affiliate_products_id from affiliate_banners where affiliate_banners_id = '32' and affiliate_status = 1

Try to find error:

SQL-Query: Got Result

Locating Pic /home/mflirt/public_html/catalog//images/banners/FLEX-partner.jpg

success

Thank you in advance,

A.T.K. Wilbrink

HostingHype.NL

I have established OSC-Affiliate 2.02.

I create an account, I enter in 'Edit Affiliate Account' and there all fields empty,

I press 'Affiliate Log Out' the message - 'You were not logged in and can therefore not be logged out is given out'.

The data of my registration for some reason will not be worn out in the table affiliate_affiliate...

There Is a decision of the given problem?

• 2 weeks later...

MS2 and oscAffiliate 2.02

I'm having the problem where banners don't display. This issue has been addressed in a number of ways, but I'm still confused as to the exact fix.

If I 'Preview' banners in Admin they display just fine...so, that part of the code seems to work. Everywhere else...banners do not display.

DEBUG shows a path problem (/catalog/catalog) but after reading this thread and trying a few things I'm still in doubt about exactly where and how to correct the path. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DEBUG INFO ----------------

absolute path to picture: /home/mindstor/public_html/catalog/catalog/images/Maximizing.gif

build with: DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner

DIR_FS_CATALOG /home/mindstor/public_html/catalog

DIR_WS_CATALOG DIR_WS_CATALOG

DIR_WS_IMAGES /catalog/images/

$banner Maximizing.gif

SQL-Query used: select affiliate_banners_image, affiliate_products_id from affiliate_banners where affiliate_banners_id = '3' and affiliate_status = 1

Try to find error:

Locating Pic /home/mindstor/public_html/catalog/catalog/images/Maximizing.gif

failed

I installed the osc-affiliate mod, all the main pages in the catalog folder work fine but the main admin screen name says...

?1146 - Table 'catalog.table_affiliate' doesn't exist

select count(*) as count from TABLE_AFFILIATE

[TEP STOP]?, I get the same sort of message on some of the other admin affiliate pages,

I have added the table names to the database_tables.php files and still get the message.

Help please :(

I just downloaded the latest version 13 Oct 2003 - osCAffiliate v2.02 and was reading throught the text files and saw this:

Functions Still to complete in current v 2.00 2003/10/12

- Affiliate Pay Per Click

- Affiliate Pay Per Sale

Does this mean I can't use this to pay affiliates based on completed sales?

Hi there,

I don't know if this has ben discussed before...

When I try to sign up as a "test" affiliate, I get the "welcome email" but it says this:

Your Affiliate ID is:

This is the problem....the affiliate ID is blank!

I don't get issued with an affiliate ID.

And, also, my "test" sign up doesnt show in my store admin area.

Have I done something wrong here????

:blink:

I hate replying to my own message...but...

well here is the fix...

In /includes/affiliate_configure.php, just before ?>

ADD

// Affiliate Banner Fix
?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');

Then

In affiliate_show_banner.php,

LOOK FOR

<?php 
? ?$pic = DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner;
? ?echo $pic . "<br>";
? ?if (!is_file($pic)) {
? ? ?echo "failed<br>";
? ?} else {
? ? ?echo "success<br>";
? ?}
?>

AND REPLACE WITH

<?php 
? ?$pic = DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner;
? ?echo $pic . "<br>";
? ?if (!is_file($pic)) {
? ? ?echo "failed<br>";
? ?} else {
? ? ?echo "success<br>";
? ?}
?>

If that does not work for you let me know.

Hi Sir Leo,

thanks for this post,

I got the same errors you mentioned: not showing up of banner images.

I did your fix but... its not working. :(

when inseriting an image in the field like image1.gif

i get the result: Error: Target directory does not exist.

when inserting the image /image1.gif

I get the Success: The banner has been inserted.

But its still not show up in the shop

Keesjan

MS2 and oscAffiliate 2.02

I'm having the problem where banners don't display. This issue has been addressed in a number of ways, but I'm still confused as to the exact fix.

If I 'Preview' banners in Admin they display just fine...so, that part of the code seems to work. Everywhere else...banners do not display.

DEBUG shows a path problem (/catalog/catalog) but after reading this thread and trying a few things I'm still in doubt about exactly where and how to correct the path. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DEBUG INFO ----------------

absolute path to picture: /home/mindstor/public_html/catalog/catalog/images/Maximizing.gif

build with: DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner

DIR_FS_CATALOG /home/mindstor/public_html/catalog

DIR_WS_CATALOG DIR_WS_CATALOG

DIR_WS_IMAGES /catalog/images/

$banner Maximizing.gif

SQL-Query used: select affiliate_banners_image, affiliate_products_id from affiliate_banners where affiliate_banners_id = '3' and affiliate_status = 1

Try to find error:

Locating Pic /home/mindstor/public_html/catalog/catalog/images/Maximizing.gif

failed

Hi rharvey,

how do you run this debug tool?

Keesjan