• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

Alain, I've had time to think about it and you are absolutely correct. My initial reaction was of surprise that so many of the affiiate referrals are coming from search engines.

But you are right about the advantage gained in the search engines so I shall accept it the way it is. :)

and one more:

the statistics are not good: this is in this tread anywhere but its so long...

when loggid in in admin the are counted 1 from 1 on product x

also for logged in as affilaite .

Is this because I as a only client click from the same IP as the account affilaite is made on?

Anyone?

anyone?

Is this a common problem. Iam doing things wrong?

Keesjan

I am rather confused. I posted in this forum about multi-tier system. Why did it get removed?? The entire conversation got removed. I even posted a link to a RentACoder page that i would pay for a mod of OSC-Affiliate to be able to view the tiers and share it back with the community.

Why did my posts get removed??

I know the DB records the signups of Multi-Tiers, does it keep track of the Sales too?

What acutally needs to be done to complete the task of having my Affilaite have the ability to see a sales figure for thier Tiers?

Also for them to see thier Affiliate Sub-Tiers and Sales?

Thank you,

-K

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry if thes questions are somewhere else in this forum. I really searched for the best solution before posting. Thanks for this great contribution!

1. Is it possible to create product links from the admin side like creating banners? Frome all the posts I've read I get the impression this is something I am missing in my install. I am able to create banners from admin side, but cannot seem to locate a create product link in the admin side.

2. Is there a way to get my banner images to appear with out changing AFFILIATE_KIND_OF_BANNERS to 1 ? I would like to be able to (option #2 Banners are shown with affiliate_show_banner.php; bannerviews are counted )

- I found this in a Nov 2003 post -->

change

$pic = DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner;

to

$pic = DIR_FS_CATALOG .'/' . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner;

however that did not seem to be the proper fix.

When I change the settings in the configure.php my normal images don't appear.

Does anyone have a good solution to this?

In my testing so far everything else seems fine - of course I am just beginning to test...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Tony Mazz

REally in a bind today..

For some reason when i sent out emails to affiliates that were with my previous site the affiliate signup sheet stopped working and gave me an sql error saying TABLES LOCKED..

investigated some more and the entire store is working fine except the affiliates and then while in admin all the affiliate pages work except summary, and the page the lists all the affiliates..

I searched some more through phpmyAdmin and found I cant read any of my Database tables ?

Sooo i clicked on Process in phpMyAdmin and foudn threads that were queries had the STATUS = LOCKED.. I killed the threads but the LOCKS keep coming back?

I have had this contribution up and running smoothly for months so i dont think its the contribution but for some reason my affiliate pages cant be read and the tables are being locked.. not sure what this even means but hoping for some advice.. :) anyone?

Mikey

Hi for all!!

I need to replace the % comission for a "fixed value" comission.

My boss prefer pay a 15? Pay Per Sale rate.

Its possible to configure this value in the contribution?

I am sorry if this question is somewhere else in this forum. I really searched for the best solution before posting. Thanks for your help.

Any info is appreciated.

I have been running an MS2.2 version store for about 3 months now. Today i attempted to install OSCaffiliate. I am getting the following error when attempting to visit my site:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_session_register() in /home/buttons/public_html/includes/affiliate_application_top.php on line 106

Now do newer versions of OSCommerce still use a sessions.php file in the functions directory?? Because my backup and current do not have sessions.php file.. and i can't find this function in the installation in question.. except the admin side. Please help i would love to be able to use OSCaffiliate. Thanks!

rw

Hi,

Does anyone know:

1) How to credit each account sign up to an affiliate sale. {ex: If Affiliate 1 sends a user to the site, and that user creates an account, then Affiliate 1 would get credit for a sale.}

&/or

2) What the link structure looks like per sale. {ex: www.mystore.com/product.php?order=$a_order&total=$a_total&product=$a_product&quantity=$a_quantity}

Any help is appreciated.

Hello,

does anyone now how sales from affilaites themselves are handled?

Case:

persan A signs up as affliate.

Person A clicks thru on his own affiliate link and by a product.

Is

1- His affiliate account credited?

2- His affiliate account not credited?

What I like is that the personal sales of affialiates are not credited.

Keesjan

Hi, I am having the same problem as RWFresh, two or three posts above. I have just installed OSCAffiliatev2.02 on top of my OSCommerce MS2.2 storefront. I received the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_session_register() in /home/buttons/public_html/includes/affiliate_application_top.php on line 106

So, I went to affiliate_application_top and removed the code to start the session, just to see what happened. I was then able to actually get to my storefront, but the following errors were reported:

Parse error: parse error in /home/marketst/public_html/demostore/catalog/includes/affiliate_application_top.php on line 157

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/marketst/public_html/demostore/catalog/includes/affiliate_application_top.php:157) in /home/marketst/public_html/demostore/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/marketst/public_html/demostore/catalog/includes/affiliate_application_top.php:157) in /home/marketst/public_html/demostore/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Yadda...yadda. Seems the OSCAffiliate session start is in some way conflicting with the existing sessions.php file? Or ill-defined? OR...what did I miss, and where?

Someone please help us both (RWFresh,) and I out here and let me know if you encountered this error, and if so...how you corrected it?

Thanks,

Lynette

Any info is appreciated.

I have been running an MS2.2 version store for about 3 months now. Today i attempted to install OSCaffiliate. I am getting the following error when attempting to visit my site:

Now do newer versions of OSCommerce still use a sessions.php file in the functions directory?? Because my backup and current do not have sessions.php file.. and i can't find this function in the installation in question.. except the admin side. Please help i would love to be able to use OSCaffiliate. Thanks!

rw

this looks like a problem with the sequence that files load or a missing function in one of your files.

I am using the latest version of osC and I have a sessions.php in my includes/functions folder. However, I believe the error you are getting to be unrelated to sessions.php.

But, to better help determine where the actual problem is, which version of osC Affiliate are you using.

I'm no expert, I'm just have a knack for troubleshooting. =)

Hello,

does anyone now how sales from affilaites themselves are handled?

Case:

persan A signs up as affliate.

Person A clicks thru on his own affiliate link and by a product.

Is

1- His affiliate account credited?

2- His affiliate account not credited?

What I like is that the personal sales of affialiates are not credited.

the affiliate accounts and customer accounts are in separate tables, so it is possible to be both an affiliate and a customer. and yes, an affiliate can buy through their own link and get a commission.

I have affiliates do this all the time, but I don't mind it as long as they are also selling to others and not just themselves. They no my policy and I have not had any problems.

Yes I do lose some profit, but I am still making money.

If an affiliate is making you money, should it really matter if they save money and get a commission? Especially if you aren't losing any money.

I don't think there is an easy way to block this from happening, But you can set limits on the percentage. For instance if your profit is 50% on your products, you could set the limit on commission to 10% and limit on customer discount to 10%, thus max they could save is 20%...leaving you still making 30% profit.

I do see your point though. there needs to be some way of cross checking the commissions to verify the sale did not get credited for commission on self purchases.

helohelo,

The affiliate will be credited...

But he has to subscribe as a regual client to be able to do this trick...

anyway I don't think we can avoid such of things. even if we put some kind of check on affiliate e-mail or what ever.

If your affiliate is willing to trick you, he will do it on this way or another.

Let's say we put a check on the email. Ok, great, your affiliate will not be able create a regular client account and than we just make affiliate account as a regular account that will not credit it's own sales. Here we go! But guess what, he will go on yahoo and make a new email account and than subscribe as a regular client! Boooh! He will be able to do it anyway! Believe me, you cannot avoid this!

I prefer to consider it as something like some kind of special discount for my affiliate even if the person is not really honest to do such of things...

Put it in your lost & profit account ;)

a, you didn't install the affiliate right. (cause tep_session_register is a OSC Function). i.e. wrong position of the include in apllication_top.php

b, or you aren't using MS2 -> actual CVs did change a lot of stuff.

I don't think there is an easy way to block this from happening, But you can set limits on the percentage. For instance if your profit is 50% on your products, you could set the limit on commission to 10% and limit on customer discount to 10%, thus max they could save is 20%...leaving you still making 30% profit.

I do see your point though. there needs to be some way of cross checking the commissions to verify the sale did not get credited for commission on self purchases.

Thanks for you reply sir LEO

What is the difference between commission and customer discount you talked about?

mmmm, I only sell 4 subscriptions so in this way avery client can get the commission discount by seting up a affiliate account.

Keesjan

helohelo,

The affiliate will be credited...

But he has to subscribe as a regual client to be able to do this trick...

anyway I don't think we can avoid such of things. even if we put some kind of check on affiliate e-mail or what ever.

If your affiliate is willing to trick you, he will do it on this way or another.

Let's say we put a check on the email. Ok, great, your affiliate will not be able create a regular client account and than we just make affiliate account as a regular account that will not credit it's own sales. Here we go! But guess what, he will go on yahoo and make a new email account and than subscribe as a regular client! Boooh! He will be able to do it anyway! Believe me, you cannot avoid this!

I prefer to consider it as something like some kind of special discount for my affiliate even if the person is not really honest to do such of things...

Put it in your lost & profit account ;)

Hi Hal1,

I only sell 4 subscriptions so in this way every client can get the commission discount by setting up a affiliate account.

I sell mostley to small businesses. They can get tax back when they have a right invoice. So compare the client name and affilaite name can by done, I think?

Or IP adress check?

The can cheat by purchasing on a different name but hen the dont get tax back!

Sure its a way to thnak your affilaiet too, but in y case, with only 4 products its a little bit too much. When you have 1000 products its ok: the dont go tho buy everything...Or am I totally thinking wrong and should every sale, (with a minimum of 1% profit) be still great?

Has anyone experience with this kind of things? :blink: :blink:

Keesjan

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare affiliate_check_url() (previously declared in /home/marketst/public_html/demostore/includes/functions/affiliate_functions.php:15) in /home/marketst/public_html/demostore/includes/functions/affiliate_functions.php on line 15

Anyone run into this before? :unsure:

helohelo,

Of course you can make any cross check you'll like and make shure the affiliate will not be able to be credited... Now, even if it looks easy it take a bite of time to do it...To be honest I don't need this feature so I will not spend time on it... But maybe other guys on this forum will do it... who knows...