• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

Hello,

Another quick question, or rather statement.

When I click on the Banner Links link in the affiliate box, nothing is ther except :

choose the banner you would like to display on your website

Shouldn't there be banners in there?

And when I click on the Products Link in the affiliate box, the banners don't display !

Maybe I did something wrong? I don't believe so, maybe there is a step I am missing?

Well if anyone can answer these issues or at least guide me in the right direction, it would definitely be much appreciated.

Regards

John

Edited by Johnson

Hello,

Well I have managed to fix the line 108 problem.

Now I have 1 more issue that needs to be addressed.

When YOU LOGIN AS AN AFFILIATE, and click on the products link in the affiliate box, the page displays ok, but the image of the banner DOES NOT.

ALSO, when you click on the Banner Links there is no banners what so ever on the page, just a line that reads :

Please choose from the banners below

Is there a solution for this? Perhaps one would need more detail to help me solve this problem. If so please let me know what you need and I will try to get you this info.

Regards,

John

Edited by Johnson

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

Go to catalog/includes/affiliate_configure.php

open it and change this line ( Line 17 )

define('AFFILIATE_KIND_OF_BANNERS','2');          // 1 Direct Link to Banner; no counting of how much banners are shown
                                                   // 2 Banners are shown with affiliate_show_banner.php; bannerviews are counted (recommended)

To

define('AFFILIATE_KIND_OF_BANNERS','1');          // 1 Direct Link to Banner; no counting of how much banners are shown
                                                   // 2 Banners are shown with affiliate_show_banner.php; bannerviews are counted (recommended)

That should do it for you, as long as you have created and uploaded banners to catalog/images

Merlin,

I made the change, but still the banner does not display on the Products links or banner links pageswhen clicked.

Also, doesn't that change take away the ability to track affiliates?

I will await your response.

Regards,

John

Turn your banner debugger on and post the info here so we can see it.

Alos and i know this is a no brainer but when you added banners did you set the ones you want as site wide banners to product number 0??? (youd be amazed how many people miss this)

Check to make sure your paths are no different from default as well.

do the banners you ad show up in admin when you click on their preview?

I have a little problem. I was using a older version of OSC and now Im using MS2.2. I had the affiliate programm installed. Ive now exported all the old data from the mysql database and imported into the new database. Once I logon onto the partner programm at Urbachshop it using [email protected] with 2131010 as my password and then want to view my sales I get a sql error message. Any suggestion

Thanks

Steven

Edited by urbach

I have a little problem. I was using a older version of OSC and now Im using MS2.2. I had the affiliate programm installed. Ive now exported all the old data from the mysql database and imported into the new database. Once I logon onto the partner programm at Urbachshop it using [email protected] with 2131010 as my password and then want to view my sales I get a sql error message. Any suggestion

Thanks

Steven

Works for me.

-Chris

Chris Sullivan

When I try to log in as an affiliate it simply returns me to the affiliate log in page.

It reports no errors.

Checked password and username seem to be ok.

snowman,

It does not gve me an option to preview in the admin panel for the banners.

Also, how do I turn on the debugger? Do I already have it or is it something I need?

I await your expertise.

Regards,

John

After you login then goto ubersicht verkauf then you will get a sql error message. Try this....

Partnerprogramm

Partnerkonto ?bersicht

Partnerkonto bearbeiten

Provisionszahlungen

?bersicht Klicks

?bersicht Verk?ufe

Banner

Regards

Steven

Edited by urbach

I have the same problem after upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2. The banners do not display. I have tried debugging and get the following :

Check the pathes! (catalog/includes/configure.php)

absolute path to picture: /secure/./o/outdoor2go.co.uk/xcampingimages/oscoutdoorgo.gif

build with: DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner

DIR_FS_CATALOG /secure/./o/outdoor2go.co.uk/xcamping

DIR_WS_CATALOG DIR_WS_CATALOG

DIR_WS_IMAGES images/

$banner oscoutdoorgo.gif

SQL-Query used: select affiliate_banners_image, affiliate_products_id from affiliate_banners where affiliate_banners_id = '3\" border=\"0\" alt=\"Large Banner\"' and affiliate_status = 1

Try to find error: ?

SQL-Query: Got Result

Locating Pic /secure/./o/outdoor2go.co.uk/xcampingimages/oscoutdoorgo.gif

failed

so is it looking in xcampingimages rather than xcamping/images. All other images show on the site. I can see them when i preview them in admin.

In addition no products appear when i click on the product links

and...!

when I click on affiliate news I get

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'MAX_DISPLAY_AFFILIATE_NEWS' at line 1

SELECT * from affiliate_news WHERE status = 1 ORDER BY date_added DESC LIMIT MAX_DISPLAY_AFFILIATE_NEWS

Apart from that everything works well!

Hello,

Well I have managed to fix the line 108 problem.

Now I have 1 more issue that needs to be addressed.

When YOU LOGIN AS AN AFFILIATE, and click on the products link in the affiliate box, the page displays ok, but the image of the banner DOES NOT.

ALSO, when you click on the Banner Links there is no banners what so ever on the page, just a line that reads :

Please choose from the banners below

Is there a solution for this? Perhaps one would need more detail to help me solve this problem. If so please let me know what you need and I will try to get you this info.

Regards,

John

Orbit Solution

What did you do to fix the line 108 error? I'm getting the same error message when I login as an affiliate. Although my line 108 is

if ($messageStack->size('account') > 0) {

Edited by RipCord

For my site, i need each product to link to an affiliate, so i've hacked my osc so the product model is now the affiliate_id. Everything works fine..when i upload the product..thru the checkout. It updates orders_products table with the affilaite_id.

What i need to do now is assign the sale to the affiliate and send the affiliate an email about the order.

Anyone have any ideas how i can accomplish this?

Hi,

I'm french, sorry for my bad english but I need help with the module Oscaffilliate 1.01.

Here my question :

I placed an order via an affiliated link, all is OK. In the admin, in the dashboard (summarized sales, summarized clicks, the sale is not posted). However, in the report/ratio of sales of the admin part, I see well the sale of 119 euros with a commission of 5,99 euros to the affiliate.

In space counts affiliated, I do not have anything either in the dashboard, but in the report/ratio of the sales of affiliated space, I see well the sale with the commission of 5,99 euros in the table. Here what I obtain :

09/11/2003 119.7?UR 5.00 % 5.99EUR

Delivered List 1 to 1 (of the 1 sales) Result: 1

Current Amount of your profits (excl.) of: 0.00EUR

Only the validated sales (delivered) are counted by our system!

-------------

Why the current amount of my profits is at 0 euro ? Why in the dashboard admin and affiliated, the sales are not counted ? However the clics are counted in these dashboards but no sales. Is it normal ?

Thanks for your help

Hello,

I have all installed all correctly, and the oscaffiliate is running ok on the catalog and for affiliates, but I have the problem on admin area.

When I go to admin are > Affilates and if I click on any of the following:

Summary

Affiliates

Payment

Sales

Clicks

Banners

BOX_AFFILIATE_NEWS

BOX_AFFILIATE_NEWSLETTER_MANAGER

Contact

I get this error

Access Denied 

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request 

I have check admin file access and it's under grean light. However it shows as File(s): 0 and if I clike on store there is no file to store.

I have posted this request like 3 times but didn't get any support. Please help me setup this.

Regards,

DJDN

Hi Merlintx1969,

No it didn't work. I changed permission from 644 to 666 didn't work then i changed it to 755 still doesn't work. Now I chmod all corresponding files 755

I have added about 23 other contributions without any error.

thanks

I've been trying to figure out why the images won't load, and I ran across this 10/13 post from Steve Kemp:

Alot of people are saying their images dont show up. I had this problem and it was because of the way I had my config.php setup....

anyway you can try this fix, which worked for me...

open

affiliate_show_banner.php

and change the following:

Line 124: $pic = DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner;

to

$pic = DIR_FS_CATALOG .'/' . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner;

Steve:  This has been adressed already in this new release.

I made that change, and sure enough it solved the problem. So, my question to Steve is, did that actually get fixed in a new version? I'm using v2.02, which I believe is the latest, correct?

I know there's a lot of grey area to the way configure.php is set up -- lots of trickle down effect based on where the slash goes in so and so path setting, with no real documentation of what is the recommended way -- so it would probably be wise to make this aspect of osC Affilliate a bit more flexible, better documented in affiliate_show_banner.php, or at least die on an incorrect path. For what it's worth, I tried turning on the debugging and that did not output anything.

I'm somewhat late to this thread and haven't read through all 80 pages, so I apologize if this was covered somewhere in the last 12 pages or so...

On an unrelated note, I had to change the table names in affiliate_validproducts.php because they are hard coded into the file instead of using the table name constants which are used elsewhere throughout the program.

However, I'm quite impressed so far with the osC Affiliate contribution. Looks quite comprehensive and easy to use ... I'm looking forward to taking it out for a test run as soon as I have everything set up. :)

Dan

Question regarding affiliate_banners_banners.php: What's the reasoning behind the 'if ($prod_id < 1)' requirements for showing a banner? It seems like it would be impossible for any banner to meet that criteria... I commented out those checks and the page loads fine (blank banners section otherwise). I also noted that in affiliate_banners_text.php (which works as it should) that they are 'if ($prod_id>0)' checks. That seems much more reasonable.

Dan