• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

Julie  

I'll look back thru the code and see if i can find a cause.  

Thanks...and can anyone tell me how to move product banners I make in the admin center to the "products" section? I just don't get it. :oops:

Please help I think I found a bug, maybe it was solved already but I wasn't able to find something:

In affiliate_summary.php

the "Verk?ufe/Klicks: " (Percentage sum for the buyings)

is OK.

20 sells

200 Klicks

Verk?ufe/Klicks: 10% OK!!!

But on the affiliate pages

/affiliate_statistics.php?page=1&acID=xy

Banner Impressionen: [?] 300

Besuche ?ber diese Partnerseite: [?] 16

Verk?ufe des Partners: [?] 1

Verk?ufe/Klicks: [?] 16 %

Please the 16 % is wrong, it should be 6,25% or??

It is only a view bug, but the people are wondering why.

Stefan Fritsche

Like everybody else here, I have to say the affiliate program is very nice.

I did add it to my Oscommerce install and everything seem to work, but I get some errors mostly for the catalog side:

---------------------------------------------

when adding

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'affiliate.php');

in (catalog/includes/column_left.php)

I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: box in

/home/tech/public_html/shop/includes/boxes/affiliate.php on line 37

----------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if I had to insert the Update.txt for SQL update? but when I tried I get:

SQL-query :

ALTER TABLE `affiliate_affiliate` ADD `affiliate_company` VARCHAR( 32 ) NOT NULL

MySQL said:

Duplicate column name 'affiliate_company'

--------------------------------------------------------------

I don't program so hopefully I didn't miss anything and also I had a messed up when uploading to my server, so I had to go there and clean up any duplicates.

From a first look the main functions of the Associate prg seem OK except I cannot get the Affiliate box in the Left column. In the Admin panel the items seem to be there, but than again until I get the box on the catalog side I cannot do a full test.

The site:

http://123tech.com/shop/

Thanks in advance for any help.

Anthony

I got the Afilliate Banners Contribution working except:

The Product Links page is empty, although I have about 50 products.

Does it matter that my products do not start with #1?

Also the Text Links page shows the insert text box twice. When I enter text and click go, both boxes fill with the same link.

Does anyone have a clue?

I'm becoming hopeless confused by this thing.

I went to the admin panel, and created two links; one banner ad, and one product link.

I signed up a bogus affiliate account, and created an html document where I posted the code for the product banner. I opened the document, clicked on it, and came back to my own first page...all seems to be well.

I deleted the html document...but it still shows 'impressions' in the affiliate's account. I can only assume this is because the affiliate's account shows the banner with the referral code. Not really a problem, but the bogus impressions mess up the statistics.

Next, I notice that both the banner ad and the product link show up in the "text" links page...which won't work. I don't want to display dozens of links that say banner_1 or similar.

Is there any way to fix this?

I really like the add-on, and have great success with affiliate-type programs in the past. They do wonders for new sites and improve site rank if lots of text links are used.

Also...(I'm sorry)...but I can't sort out the different add-ons. There's oscaffiliate (which I have), oscaffiliate banners (which I have) and also oscaffiliate mall and oscaffiliate branding. I'm not sure which is which, which will work with which, or exactly what the differences are. I can't even tell which are the newest or most complete files.

Can someone sort it out for me?

Hi,

I've just stumbled through this thread and would like to know

if there's a link for the OSCAffiliate with the changes listed in

this thread applied?

sorry for the previous posting...

I just went back and compared what was on the server and what I was supposed to have by looking at henri unzipped folder and I found the missing files. Then I went back to the instructions and made sure I had done all the steps..

so far so good!

I will continue my process of testing.

Thanks henri for your "contribution"

Anthony

I finally found the bug in the statistics.

Problem

individual percentage was in admin wrong

admin/affiliate_statistics.php

line 48-51

if ($affiliate_sales['count'] > 0) {

$affiliate_conversions = tep_round($affiliate_clickthroughs / $affiliate_sales['count'], 2);

} else {

$affiliate_conversions = "n/a";

replace with:

$affiliate_transactions=$affiliate_sales['count'];

if ($affiliate_clickthroughs > 0) {

$affiliate_conversions = tep_round(($affiliate_transactions / $affiliate_clickthroughs)*100, 2) . "%";

} else {

$affiliate_conversions = "n/a";

It is only a View Problem and this solves it :-)

HTH

Stefan Fritsche

klosterbrauerei.com

stefan.fritsche (at) gmx.de

$affiliate_conversions = tep_round(($affiliate_transactions / $affiliate_clickthroughs)*100, 2) . "%";

Maybe:

$affiliate_conversions = tep_round(($affiliate_sales['count'] * 100) / $affiliate_clickthroughs, 2);

????

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

I have just installed oscafiliate on my local server. When I attempt to go to admin section I get the following error:

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/affiliate_application_top.php' (include_path='.;C:Program FilesEasyPHPphppear') in c:program fileseasyphpwwwadminincludesapplication_top.php on line 281

That part of the code plus the code above it reads like this:

// check if a default language is set

if (!defined('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE')) {

$messageStack->add(ERROR_NO_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_DEFINED, 'error');

}

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'add_application_top.php');

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Functions Library

include(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'webmakers_added_functions.php');

// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Functions Library

// Include OSC-AFFILIATE

require('includes/affiliate_application_top.php');

?>

Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

(probably the 1st of many mistakes I shall make in this installation! lol)

Ok, scratch that previous problem. I got that fixed.

Now, for my new question:

Instead of a percentage as payment, I would like to give a flat fee, such as $5.00 per sale. Can I do that with this program and if so, where would I make the change?

Thanks!!

Ed Redmon

Yeah there is a way...have a look at the old Alpha 1 code, in there was directions on how to make a flat per sale setup for the program...while the program has developed from my original code its still possible to do.

Steve in the 1st version of OscAffiliate I found these instructions:

If you wish to pay your affiliates a flat rate per sale you can replace the following:

In your newly modified checkout_success.php in the catalog directory find line 14 approx

// osC Affiliate Mod

$total = $my_affilliate_total;

$percentage = "0.10";

$payment =$total*$percentage;

if ($ref) {

tep_db_query("INSERT INTO affiliate_sales VALUES ('$ref', '$clientdate', '$clienttime', '$clientbrowser', '$clientip', '$payment')"); 

}

replace with the following:

// osC Affiliate Mod

$payment ="5.00";

if ($ref) {

tep_db_query("INSERT INTO affiliate_sales VALUES ('$ref', '$clientdate', '$clienttime', '$clientbrowser', '$clientip', '$payment')"); 

}

You can then set the $payment variable to any dollar figure you like. "5.00" means that the affiliates will be payed $5.00 per sale.

Problem is, the latest version doesn't use checkout_process.php best I can tell. Any idea where that code might be now?

Thanks

Does anyone have this wonderful affiliate program working correctly with payments made using Worldpay? I have only just noticed that if a customer pays using Worldpay, nothing is being attributed to my affiliates.

I noticed that this was also a problem with Paypal so assume it is along the same lines. If anyone has a fix I would be grateful, as would my affiliates :wink:

Thanks

Have anyone done a swedish translation?

if not:

If you press swedish you will get an error. (missing file), and a regular user will not know how to swich bach to english language

is there a way to dissable this?