• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

After installing the affiliate message i get the following error message when i trie to open the shop!

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class breadcrumb in /home/sites/4game.nl/web/shop/includes/classes/breadcrumb.php on line 13

Line thirteen has to be one of the following:

class breadcrumb {

var $_trail;

function breadcrumb() {

$this->reset();

(i dont know where they start counting)

I hope someone can help me cause i would sure like to use this mod.

The breadcrumb class is declared twice.

At the End of affiliate_aplication_top.php

// Emulate the breadcrumb class

if (!class_exists(breadcrumb)) {

There the affiliate does declare the class if you have an old snapshot.

Try removing it.

Sofar this seems to solve this problem but i got more problems because i use themes in my shops. I will first try to solve these problems myself and if i run into any more problems wich i cannot solve i wil post them here again.

Thanx verry much

Hi.

I'm running L5 and installed Osc-Affiliate awhile back, but only recently got an active affiliate. I issued him a coupon to give out on his site to increase sales. Works marvelously. (I'd highly recommend the coupon + Affiliate combo)

HOWEVER, there's one big problem.. his commission is based on the sales total PRE-coupon, which is really devastating to margins, heh!

Anyone know how to change it so %s are calculated on the post-coupon price? I also issue gift certs as free incentives, and would like to be able to calculate the commission post gift cert, as well.

Thank you for any advice that can be given.

Jon

Jon,

I have had a number of e-mail back and forth on the way that the affiliate currently computes the amounts. That you and I really want is a change in the affiliate module so that you can set it up in the sort order of the "order totals" admin module. This way you can set it up to ignore all things in the sort order AFTER the "affiliate" sort order number.

Using L5 you want to be able to not give a affiliate referal fee if someone purchase a gift certificate. Why? I'm an affiliate, I come in on one of my links and purchase a GIFT100 ($100 gift cert) and they get a affiliate fee of say 10% (so that they made $10.00). Then they come back and make a $100 purchase, again through their affiliate and get another $10 fee, but use that GIFT100 to pay for it. This gives the affiliate a 20% fee for a $100 purchase. Not a bad deal for the affiliate, but consider that I had to pay 2.2% on top of that (CC fee) the total cost of doing business with that affiliate was 22%. Now if my margins are running an average of 20%...

Additionally, on L5, I want to have any Discount Coupons applied to the total PRIOR to the affiliate computation. Their margin should be a portion of MY margin, and if someone is bringing the cost of an item down from $100.00 to $95.00 using a DC, then I don't want to give away the slim margin I have to the associate. It should be treated the same way a item "on sale" is treated.

As you can see, I believe that we are addressing the same set of issues. I have asked the original development team to look at supporting this feature, and they have indicated that they aren't interested in doing so. As I can not start an affiliate system until I do this, I am looking at an immediate kluge to support this and then will release the kluge first, and the fix when I have a chance to get to it.

My guess is the kluge should be ready in about two weeks. The fix in about 6-8.

My own opinion on this is that I agree on the Gift Certificates, but not on the coupons. The affiliate percentage you set should leave you room for other promotional discounts. You need to consider this a cost of doing business. If you give an affiliate a coupon to place on their site you are using two separate marketing techniques, each with their own costs.

The purpose of affiliate programs for a merchant is to bring traffic you can't bring in yourself. It is your job to create links, graphics and text that bring the traffic from the affiliate site to your site, and once they get to your site, you need to encourage the new shopper to stay and purchase.

If you offer a discount coupon and want affiliates to post it on their sites make a minimum order or a specific product purchase required to reduce your loss on the transaction.

You will know if an affiliate purchases a gift certificate, or any merchandise for that matter and you can, as part of your terms of service, exclude affiliate personal purchases from their commissions. You have to do this by manually removing the sale from the affiliate account.

Now you understand why some of the big affiliate programs don't allow affiliate personal sales to count and have lower commissions than you might expect :)

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

I see the problem with the gif voucher. The problem is that everyone using

addons which have influence on the amount of the order needs an individual solution. I don't think its possible to make a solution which fits everyone worldwide. If you know one give it to me.

The amount is calcculated like this (in affiliate checkout_process):

// fetch the net total of an order

$affiliate_total = 0;

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {

$affiliate_total += $order->products[$i]['final_price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'];

}

$affiliate_total = tep_round($affiliate_total, 2);

An other solution (used earlier) to get the total amount is:

$affiliate_total = $order->info['subtotal'];

AS you see there are quite some way to get the amount.

So the solution is quite simple:

Take whatever amount you need and subtract what you want.

There's every variable availible which is used in the checkout process.

i.e. $order_totals where the giftvoucher class is standing in (ot_gv).

Cu Henri

1) Henri, like I said in our e-mail discussions, I'll take care of it and post my stuff up here when I'm done. If you want to include them in the next version, great. If not, hey, it will all be here :-)

2)loxly, My terms and conditions are clear so there should be no doubt on the part of the affiliate. In addition, the affilaites on the store *must* be members first as the payouts are in GV. This has already led to me creating a "prefill" of the affiliate sign in from the members data, and I'm working on a module that will push the payout through the GV system.

Okay, why? Right. :-)

The store will be sitting on a site that already does about 1.5MM page views a month with 100K+ unique visitors. It's not like I need the traffic from the associates. On the other hand there are a number of groups that would be interested in being associates that could use my products. This allows me to "discount" to people that I would like to discount to anyway, while at the same time letting them push me people that would buy to help them buy.

I'm also waiting for "registry" to get stable as these same organizations could register through the registry and have the membership buy directly for them.

Also, the DC's I'm using are rather twisted, but what they do is reduce my take to about 12% and the affiliate would, if getting full bore, reduce me to losing money on those purchases. As it is, it comes to close to breakeven (since I get some of the 10% back when they use the GV to purchase).

The idea of incorporating the GV's into the affiliate system is not a new idea, Ian and i discussed the idea not long after i first started developing the affiliate system, but thats about as far as we got at that stage.

I can see how havign the registry would also be a good idea, but i cant see everyone wanting that functionality, although it would be good as an optional addon, as is this affiliate mall module.

Ive been secretly playing around with my usual buggy code and have been developing a bit of a system that will develop an affiliate shopfront, much in the same way as amazon and BN have.

You will also find this type of system with affiliate programs run by BeFREE.

its some way off from being at a release standard however.

Im also playing around with some 2 tier coding and HTML Mime email reporting and newsletters for the affiliate system.

on another note this would have to be one of the longest disucssions on the forums now wouldnt it??? LOL :roll:

on another note this would have to be one of the longest disucssions on the forums now wouldnt it??? LOL :roll:

And this is not the first thread we started for this addon ;)

Hello everyone!

I have installed the latest version of OSC Affiliate and I have one problem.

If i try to retrieve a password, I go through the whole process...type e-mail...submit...get message saying "PW sent to e-mail"....get the e-mail with the new password.

Now when I try to login with the new password, I can't.

I went in using phpMyAdmin and saw that the new password in not being written to the DB. The password field is blank.

Any ideas how to fix this??

Thanks,

Emerson

Henri i remember seing someone mention a bit of code for the Build A Link section that replaced the build a link box with a drop down list of all the products.

have you seen this or thought about this?

Henri i remember seing someone mention a bit of code for the Build A Link section that replaced the build a link box with a drop down list of all the products.

have you seen this or thought about this?

Thought about it. But didn't see it.

The dropdown can only be optional, as a dropdown for i.e. 1000+ products is not funny at all...

For the shop i'm building at the moment, all dropdowns with customers; products.. are removed.

Cu Henri

THIS MODULE IS AN ADDON DESIGNED FOR THE MILESTONE 1.01 RELEASE OF OSCAFFILIATE.

The module is an addon that expands the affiliate centre and breaks the banners down into four seperate groups:

Banners

Products

Build a Link

Text Links

While this has been developed for the 1.01 release of osCAffiliate it should work on most earlier versions.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Edited by Johnson

Next on my list of affiliate addons is an affiliate news center and an addon to allow nice fancy HMTL emails to be sent to all affiliates with affiliate reports etc.

I envisage this would be done on a monthly basis via cron function.

This is fixed via CVS. (as far as i recall)

go to souceforge -> cvs and get the file get the password forgoten file manually

That did it!

Thank You Henri :D

• 2 weeks later...

Everythng seems to work until I click on a banner. I get the following message

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO affiliate_clickthroughs VALUES ('1', '2003-05-13', '21:45:42', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/73 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/73', '80.3.32.4', '')

[TEP STOP]

After that I cannot get back into the site until I delete the cookie

Any ideas?

Hiya

Can anyone tell which file or code is involved in Tracking the Data of the Afiiliates Traffic.

For ex. When a customer referred from an Affiliate site, purchases a product. Which file or code does the work to Identify the Sale?.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

In the readme it says add this to line 50 in index but for loaded4 it different so not sure where to put it, any help appreciated

array('title' => BOX_HEADING_AFFILIATE,

'image' => 'affiliate.gif',

'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE_SUMMARY, 'selected_box=affiliate'),

'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_AFFILIATE, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE, 'selected_box=affiliate')),

array('title' => BOX_AFFILIATE_BANNERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE_BANNERS, 'selected_box=affiliate')))),

This is what you have to do :

In admin/index.php

Add this:

$aAffiliate = array('admin' => 'affiliate.php',

'title' => BOX_HEADING_AFFILIATE,

'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_AFFILIATE, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE, 'selected_box=affiliate')),

array('title' => BOX_AFFILIATE_BANNERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE_BANNERS, 'selected_box=affiliate'))));

Then create a new file by the name of 'affiliate.php' and place it under

admin/includes/metainfo

Insert this code in the affiliate.php file:

<?php

$metainfo[] = array('admin' => 'affiliate.php',

'title' => BOX_HEADING_AFFILIATE,

array('title' => BOX_AFFILIATE_BANNERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE_BANNERS, 'selected_box=affiliate'))));

?>

Henri,

The Affiliate Program works great but I am having problem with "Forgotten Password Feature"

The new password which it generates does not work.

Is there a fix for this.

Please, if any one can help. Some Affiliate have had problems with the password.

Hi,

Anyone know which osc affiliate contribution to get? I see so many int he ocntribtion I want ot know which one should i get and which one is the updated version Please link me thanks

have installed the OS Affiliate contribution, and all seems to work fine, except when someone tries to register an account and clicks confirm it brings the following error:

A Runtime error has occured.

do you wish to Debug?

Line813

Error: Object expected.

If i click no, then it goes to the relevent page, it was supposed to.

can someone help, get rid of this error.

The code ir refers to is

<td width="100%" valign="top"><form name="affiliate_signup" action="http://www.worldmagicshop.com/catalog/affiliate_signup.php" method="post" onSubmit="return check_form();"><input type="hidden" name="action" value="process"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

Also, any news regarding the password issue

Thanks in advance