• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

Thanks Henri! I think I was just reading the instructions wrong. :shock:

Does it really delete the clickthroughs from the database? Or just not show them? I don't want the database filling up with useless old clickthoughs.

P.

I have an affiliate who wants to link to our competition page.

The url of this is /catalog/competition.php

I tried testing /catalog/competition.php?ref=XX and while this does log any sales as affiliate sales, it doesn't credit them to any of the affiliates.

The sales report shows the sale, but the affiliate name is blank.

Everything else seems to be working OK.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

Ali

www.freelollies.co.uk

hi!

anyone know how to fix this?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_href_link() in /home/virtual/site26/fst/var/www/html/includes/languages/affiliate_english.php on line 33

what baout this one...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_session_register() in /home/virtual/site26/fst/var/www/html/includes/affiliate_application_top.php on line 78

Developed an extension to osC Affiliate that allows affiliates

to have their own separately branded storefront with custom

inventory.

I uploaded this to the contributions today; it's based on a

current CVS checkout of osCommerce and osC Affiliate.

Feel free to incorporate any/all of the changes into the

oscAffiliate module.

I've added three image files, one admin file, and a data

table.

After logging in, affiliates may customize their inventory

using the same interface that an administrator uses

to change the status of items in the master inventory.

The web is like usenet, but the elephants are untrained.

There's an example of the oscaffiliate_mall mod running at

http://shop.pillars.net/

Feel free to add yourself as an affiliate and generally play around with it.

I may reinstall from time to time as I add new mods or fix old errors.

If you run into problems please post the errors here, or email them to [email protected].

(Yeah, that's a real address; I use bogofilter now, and I've got plenty of bandwidth to deal with the spam problem.)

Now I got it what you mean with this programm :-)

Two things:

1. Why should an affiliate use this?

2. After choosing the products the affiliate is in the main admin area and is wondering how he is coming back

He can click on a"dministration" (OF COURSE IT IS PASSWORD PROTECTED, BUT HE WILL WONDER) and he should only go back with "online catalog".

Best regards

Stefan

Still thinking about your programm add on :-)

Maybe it would be a nice feature for the standard if the administrator of the shop can choose which products are included in the affiliate programm and which are not :-)

Best regards Stefan

Maybe it would be a nice feature for the standard if the administrator of the shop can choose which products are included in the affiliate programm and which are not

The administrator sets the status of each item, which changes the products_status field of the products table to 1 (on) or 0 (off).

The affiliate selects from a subset of the available items, by adding and delete records from the affiliate_products table.

All the SQL statements with

select ... from ... TABLE_PRODUCTS p ... where p.products_status=1 ...

are changed to

select ... from ... TABLE_AFFILIATE_PRODUCTS a, TABLE_PRODUCTS p ... where a.products_id=p.products_id and p.products_status=1 ...

So if the administrator turns off a particular item, it won't show up in anybody's catalog, even if the affiliate deliberately selected it while it was "turned on."

And if the affiliate doesn't select an item, it won't show up in their catalog, even though the administrator has globally enabled it.

The only items which show in an affiliate catalog are the ones that both the administrator and the affiliate have enabled.

1. Why should an affiliate use this?

Kind of nice to have your own storefront without taking any of the trouble to set it up, monitor stock, and so forth. Have you ever seen http://igive.com/?

Anyhow, I wrote it because a customer requested it. I've seen requests for similar functionality in the forums (but no solutions) so I decided to post it here, too. My reasons are twofold:

[*]I'm giving back to the community, so I don't feel like such a leech by making money off of somebody else's free software.

[*]Hopefully the people here will help me find and fix the bugs in my mod. Bug reports from the open-source community are less embarassing than bug reports from a paying customer.

2. After choosing the products the affiliate is in the main admin area and is wondering how he is coming back

(shrug) If you look at the 'diff file, you'll realize that I just copied the existing admin/categories.php file and then deleted most of it. I wanted to keep this mod as simple as possible. As is, it adds 54k and touches 45 files. (oscAffiliate add 904k and touches 172 files.)

Well .. I'v got oscMall configured and running. All smooth sign up and everything.

One BIG problem : :!:

:arrow: Well I open the page using one affiliate ID, then using another. repeat the process once more and then it refuses to change affiliate !! Keeps showing the same logo and same affiliate's products. Doesnt budge !

HEEELLLPPPP :!: :!: :?: :!: :?:

Oh .. Im on a 14th of this month snapshot. clean. not loaded .. yet :roll:

OSC just might save my life .. !

Well .. I'v got oscMall configured and running. All smooth sign up and everything.

One BIG problem : :!:

:arrow: Well I open the page using one affiliate ID, then using another. repeat the process once more and then it refuses to change affiliate !! Keeps showing the same logo and same affiliate's products. Doesnt budge !

HEEELLLPPPP :!: :!: :?: :!: :?:

Oh .. Im on a 14th of this month snapshot. clean. not loaded .. yet :roll:

Yeah, I'm aware of that.

The work-around is to delete the cookie.

A proper fix will be forthcoming soon.

Well I open the page using one affiliate ID, then using another. repeat the process once more and then it refuses to change affiliate !! Keeps showing the same logo and same affiliate's products. Doesnt budge !

Fixed with the 2003-04-18 update, I think.

Fixed with the 2003-04-18 update, I think.

Very nice.. but .. they'r still kinda sticky. It loads the first pages for 2 affiliates simultaneously. And that works just fine. If I click a category on both simultaneously, ref=1 preceeds ref=2( I think ) displaying products of one affiliate only - again.

:arrow: At first I thought seperate sessions for each ref .. but that would isolate the shopping carts which should stay common.

:idea: Hmm .. maybe if ref=x was passed on to each page that is loaded ... you think ?

Hey I really appreciate the response. Thanks :D

Very nice.. but .. they'r still kinda sticky. It loads the first pages for 2 affiliates simultaneously. And that works just fine. If I click a category on both simultaneously, ref=1 preceeds ref=2( I think ) displaying products of one affiliate only - again.

It sounds like you're trying to open two browser windows with two affiliates at the same time?

I don't think that'll work. At least, I hadn't anticipated anybody doing that.

Here's the logic in affiliate_application_top.php:

[*] If the affiliate_ref session variable isn't registered yet, register it with a value of zero.

[*] Check or a "ref=" parameter (either GET or POST) and if found, set the affiliate_ref session variable accordingly. Also send the browser an affiliate_ref cookie.

[*] If no "ref=" parameter was found, check for an affiliate_ref cookie variable. If found, set the affiliate_ref session variable accordingly.

[*] If affiliate_ref is non-zero, look up other affiliate options in the database, and set a bunch of constants accordingly.

[*] If affiliate_ref is zero, set the constants to their default values, starting with AFFILIATE_ID = 0.

The rest of the code looks for AFFILIATE_ID being non-zero.

Personally, I would like to see this contribution developed separately from the original affiliate module, instead of being totally incorporated into it. Is this replacing the oscAffiliate module? This has nice features that some people can use, but it adds a lot for someone just looking for an affiliate program to implement.

Don't misunderstand, I think this is a GREAT addition, but I think it needs to be called something other than oscAffiliate, since it is more of a reseller/distributor/representative type of program. For instance, a company that has independent representatives selling company products on their own personal websites and the company wants to maintain control of how the products are priced and presented. There is a huge need for this.

BUT it is overkill for someone just starting out that wants a simple, powerful, affiliate tracking program.

I am also wondering if the oscAffiliate team is working on adding 2-tier(sub affiliate) capability. If not, does anyone have suggestions on what needs to be done to adapt the code for that to be an option, please let me know....

Debbie

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

It sounds like you're trying to open two browser windows with two affiliates at the same time?

I don't think that'll work.  At least, I hadn't anticipated anybody doing that.

:arrow: Well thats exactly what I'm trying to do. See in a Mall, a customer would want to see more than one store - thats my basic argument.

:idea: I tried this

http:/localhost/snap/catalog/default.php?ref=1&cPath=3_14

http:/localhost/snap/catalog/default.php?ref=2&cPath=2

And that works perfect :) :!: opening it simultaneously in two windows. it shows only selected products and logo images and everything. Any number of times. Now how do I go about making it pass ref in the url all through each open window :roll: :?:

Personally, I would like to see this contribution developed separately from the original affiliate module, instead of being totally incorporated into it. Is this replacing the oscAffiliate module? This has nice features that some people can use, but it adds a lot for someone just looking for an affiliate program to implement.

Can't help but agree. I think it should be two seperate modules as well.

Personally, I would like to see this contribution developed separately from the original affiliate module

Well, it is being developed separately. I'm not on the oscaffiliate team. I just used their work as a starting point for my own.

Is this replacing the oscAffiliate module?

Hardly. It depends on the oscAffiliate module, and add less than 10% to its total code size.

I think it needs to be called something other than oscAffiliate

Okay, sure.

WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE SUGGEST A BETTER NAME?

I realize that calling it "oscaffiliate_mall" is slightly misleading, as it's not really meant to be a set of independent stores. Rather, it's meant to be a set of competing, mutually-exclusive stores. Kind of like sales reps, each specializing on a different subset of the entire sales inventory.

Anyhow, I didn't come up with the concept. I developed this mod because a customer of mine requested these exact features, and osCommerce + oscAffiliate provided most but not all of what he wanted.

If somebody wants to take this mod and run with it, I have a couple of Makefiles and a few scripts I use to rebuild it from CVS sources, plus integrate a handful of other mods I find useful. I'd be willing to share my tools on request.

Now how do I go about making it pass ref in the url all through each open window

It could be done, but I wouldn't want to do it.

My, goodness but osCommerce isn't written to be patch-friendly!!

All those super-long-lines would be so much easer to deal with if they were separate, smaller lines that could be patched separately.

I bet my .diff files would be cut by 75% if the osCommerce code adhered to a 60-column right margin.

Hmm... wonder how I would go about suggesting that to the core developers...

Personally, I would like to see this contribution developed separately from the original affiliate module

Well, it is being developed separately. I'm not on the oscaffiliate team. I just used their work as a starting point for my own.

Is this replacing the oscAffiliate module?

Hardly. It depends on the oscAffiliate module, and add less than 10% to its total code size.

Well, the reason I ask is because it is in the oscAffiliate download area, which leads one to believe it is an upgrade. This is an enhancement that is a different application. That needs to be specified in the download section, in my opinion.

I think it needs to be called something other than oscAffiliate
WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE SUGGEST A BETTER NAME?

I realize that calling it "oscaffiliate_mall" is slightly misleading, as it's not really meant to be a set of independent stores.  Rather, it's meant to be a set of competing, mutually-exclusive stores.  Kind of like sales reps, each specializing on a different subset of the entire sales inventory.

No need to take offense or to yell. How about Sales Reps? Or Affiliate Stores Management? I like Affiliate Stores Management....

Hmm... wonder how I would go about suggesting that to the core developers...

How about going to the team page and emailing them? Or posting in the Suggestions Forum?

Well, the reason I ask is because it is in the oscAffiliate download area, which leads one to believe it is an upgrade.

Point taken. Next time I change the files I'll rename it and upload as a separate contribution instead of piggybacking on the oscaffiliate section.

No need to take offense or to yell.

No offense meant nor taken. And the "yelling" was more a cry for help than anything else.

How about Sales Reps?  Or Affiliate Stores Management?  I like Affiliate Stores Management....

Hmm...

I still want to call it oscaffiliate_xxxxx because it's based on (and requires) oscaffiliate. Anybody else have any ideas?

(anybody else care?)