• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

Sales probably are being recorded in the usual way via customers/orders.php etc but I think what you are trying to say is that the affiliates sales are not being recorded.

As you have not elaborated on your circumstances I can only presume admin/affiliates are showing the sale and commission etc but when logged in as an affiliate using catalog/affiliate_affiliate.php the affiliate can see no sales. Is this right?

If you explain exactly what the problem is, someone will try to help.

Sorry about this little delay.

Yes, the orders and sales are being recorded in usual way and are working properly. I meant to say, the affiliate sales are not being recorded. I have tested when I click a text link created with the contrib interface posted in a wordpress blog, I followed all the steps to confirm the order and as customer the process works fine. As owner or shop manager, sales through this links seems normal, but in the admin panel for affiliates, the sale is not shown and is not recorded not for the affiliate nor for the manager/owner.

In conclusion, the main problem is that the orders works fine (as usual) but are not recorded coming from a affiliate text link.

Affiliate_sales table is empty.

I have similar problem, but I don't see records even in admin/affiliates. When I tested it earlier on localhost, it worked.

I only see the impresions and the clickthroughs now, they works (in admin and in catalog/affiliate_affiliate.php). Since the testing on localhost I installed several more contributions, for example: ultimate SEO url, unique order number, discount coupon etc.

Edited by Studne00

I have similar problem, but I don't see records even in admin/affiliates. When I tested it earlier on localhost, it worked.

I only see the impresions and the clickthroughs now, they works (in admin and in catalog/affiliate_affiliate.php). Since the testing on localhost I installed several more contributions, for example: ultimate SEO url, unique order number, discount coupon etc.

I checked the database and in affiliate_sale table isn't any record. I don't know why :(

Please, can you give me some advice how to solve it?

Installed everything and it all seems okay, but I cannot go to my admin. I get this error:

Warning: require(includes/affiliate_application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bout/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 236

Warning: require(includes/affiliate_application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bout/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 236

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/affiliate_application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bout/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 236

Any idea what the problem could be? Thanks in advance!

Installed everything and it all seems okay, but I cannot go to my admin. I get this error:

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/affiliate_application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bout/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 236

Any idea what the problem could be? Thanks in advance!

Check this step in installation.

In application_top.php in the admin/includes directory enter at the end of the file before ?>:

// Include OSC-AFFILIATE
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'affiliate_application_top.php');

Edited by Studne00

Check this step in installation.

In application_top.php in the admin/includes directory enter at the end of the file before ?>:

// Include OSC-AFFILIATE
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'affiliate_application_top.php');

I double checked that, it's in there correctly. Any other ideas? Thanks!

I double checked that, it's in there correctly. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Oh wow. I am a blond! I uploaded all the files for the catalog includes side but not the admin includes side. DUH! Thanks for the help! :)

Have you tried any older version and works for you? Thanks.

I have not tried with older than 2.8 (I have tested with 2.8 and a vanished package 2.8a)

Next week I will be out, so no more testing upon my return.

If you find something, please leave your results here.

I have not tried with older than 2.8 (I have tested with 2.8 and a vanished package 2.8a)

Next week I will be out, so no more testing upon my return.

If you find something, please leave your results here.

I just tried 2.5a version + bug fixes that was recommended by Vger, but result is same. I also noticed that www.mysite.com/checkout_process.php giving me this warning:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in C:\www\www4\includes\classes\navigation_history.php on line 130

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in C:\www\www4\includes\classes\navigation_history.php on line 131

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in C:\www\www4\includes\classes\navigation_history.php on line 130

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in C:\www\www4\includes\classes\navigation_history.php on line 131

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\www\www4\includes\classes\navigation_history.php:130) in C:\www\www4\includes\functions\general.php on line 33

It should redirect me to login.php page instead of this warning.

navigation_history.php on line 130:

reset($parameters);

navigation_history.php on line 131:

while (list($key, $value) = each($parameters)) {

Whole code:

function filter_parameters($parameters) {
  $clean = array();

reset($parameters);
  while (list($key, $value) = each($parameters)) {
	if (strpos($key, '_nh-dns') < 1) {
	  $clean[$key] = $value;
	}
  }

return $clean;
}

general.php on line 33:

header('Location: ' . $url);

I guess that this problem makes no records in affiliate_sale table, because it's needed to have this code: require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'affiliate_checkout_process.php'); in checkout_process.php.

Could someone help to fix that, please. I'm not good in php. Thank you.

I guess that this problem makes no records in affiliate_sale table, because it's needed to have this code: require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'affiliate_checkout_process.php'); in checkout_process.php.

Could someone help to fix that, please. I'm not good in php. Thank you.

Do you have "require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'affiliate_checkout_process.php');" in your checkout_process.php, Dont you?

You need that code, along with other changes that you did in others files.

:D

Do you have "require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'affiliate_checkout_process.php');" in your checkout_process.php, Dont you?

You need that code, along with other changes that you did in others files.

:D

Hi marcgenou,

yes, I do.

However, I just found the solution of my problem :rolleyes: Problem was in URL with ultimate SEO url. In schopping_cart.php was URL with affiliate parameters: www.mysite.com/shopping_cart.php?ref=1&affiliate_banner_id=1. It is necessary the "&" to replace by "&".

So I added this row $url = str_replace('&', '&', $url); into catalog/includes/function/general.php before header('Location: ' . $url); and it works for me. Now every order with affiliate link is recorded to the affiliate_sales table in the database.

Hi marcgenou,

yes, I do.

However, I just found the solution of my problem :rolleyes: Problem was in URL with ultimate SEO url. In schopping_cart.php was URL with affiliate parameters: www.mysite.com/shopping_cart.php?ref=1&affiliate_banner_id=1. It is necessary the "&" to replace by "&".

So I added this row $url = str_replace('&', '&', $url); into catalog/includes/function/general.php before header('Location: ' . $url); and it works for me. Now every order with affiliate link is recorded to the affiliate_sales table in the database.

I have to test it. Do you know if this change has an impact on the rest of the contributions?

I meant to say, If this change in general.php file could be harmful to keep other contributions working.

I've tried your trick and browser keep showing &amp

I've tried with Ultimate SEO disabled and URL seems to be fine (only &), but sale doesn't show in affiliate_sales.

Which version are you working with? 2.5a? 2.6?

I meant to say, If this change in general.php file could be harmful to keep other contributions working.

I've tried your trick and browser keep showing &amp

I've tried with Ultimate SEO disabled and URL seems to be fine (only &), but sale doesn't show in affiliate_sales.

Which version are you working with? 2.5a? 2.6?

As I said, I'm not good coder, but the code that I have added into general.php changes "&" in URL to "&" only, no more.

I have done one more change. It depends on what language you're using in your store, let us say the ID of the language. In affiliate.sql are these 2 lines:

INSERT INTO affiliate_payment_status VALUES (0, 1, 'Pending');

INSERT INTO affiliate_payment_status VALUES (1, 1, 'Paid');

The bold numbers are language ID. If you're using english in your store, it's probably without changes. It will be better if you'll check that. Get into your database and check the "languages" table. There you'll find what ID is used for your store language. The same ID insert to the "affiliate_payment_status table" table. My language has ID=4, so the change is:

INSERT INTO affiliate_payment_status VALUES (0, 4, 'Pending');

INSERT INTO affiliate_payment_status VALUES (1, 4, 'Paid');

I'm working with 2.8 version + bug fixes from 12th Dec and 27th Dec.

Edited by Studne00

I've tried with a local fresh install with two contribs trying to find out what was happening. Ultimate SEO 2.7 and vanished package 2.8a worked like charm, so I started to think that other contribution or modified file is pissing me off. I am very tired now to fight against this, also when I read a lot of people having this issues with this table and no one has been able to solve it.

:(

Thank you Petr for the language insert, I already knew it ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

For what it's worth - I had the same issue with the affiliate_sales table not being populated when it should be.

I solved the problem by changing the following line in affiliate_checkout_process.php :

if ($HTTP_SESSION_VARS['affiliate_ref']) {

to

if ($affiliate_ref) {

Hope that can be of use to somebody.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi can some one help me i have try to install this but i have a problem i have the osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a.

and i have follow the install instruction but when i i have to do the ADMIN ALTERATIONS i don't see any of this change in the admin index.php

i don't have this in my site

array('title' => REPORTS_ORDERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, 'selected_box=reports')))),

and many others index.php ADMIN ALTERATIONS i don't have that, can some one help me please. thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to use this package and after doing some reading here I am a bit confused. Which package should I try to install on a clean RC2.2a install? Is there anyone that knows where to get the latest version (vanishing 2.8a) or is it better to take the latest version from the contrib area. What problems if any am I going to run into if I use STS v4.5.8 with this package?

• 1 month later...

I installed the latest package (osCAffiliate v2.8 - including changes) then I signed up as an affiliate for testing purposes and I got this email:

Dear

Thank you for joining MyStore Affiliate Program

Your Account Information:

Your Affiliate ID is:Your Affiliate Username is:Your Affiliate ID is:Your Password is:Your Password is:Link to your account:Link to your account:

Have fun earning referral fees!

Your MyStore Affiliate Team

[email protected]

1. "mycigsdirect.com" is not my website!

2. The rest of the email body is broken.

I had to track down all the variables and recode the entire email body, but who knows what else could be wrong? Am I the first to notice?

• 1 month later...

One quick question, I am using Ultimate SEO urls 5 and all works brilliantly. The only thing I cannot do is in admin if I want to create a banner and link it to a category or product directly. the banner will generate ok but when clicked, links to the default/index page, any ideas, or can I manually hardcode the link.

I installed the latest package (osCAffiliate v2.8 - including changes) then I signed up as an affiliate for testing purposes and I got this email:

1. "mycigsdirect.com" is not my website!

2. The rest of the email body is broken.

I had to track down all the variables and recode the entire email body, but who knows what else could be wrong? Am I the first to notice?

Change the last 5 defines in languages/english/affiliate_signup.php to:

define('MAIL_AFFILIATE_ID', 'Your Affiliate ID is: %s' . "\n");
define('MAIL_AFFILIATE_USERNAME', 'Your Affiliate Username is: %s' . "\n");
define('MAIL_AFFILIATE_PASSWORD', 'Your Password is: %s' . "\n\n");
define('MAIL_AFFILIATE_LINK', 'Link to your account by going to this URL: %s');
define('MAIL_AFFILIATE_FOOTER', 'Have fun earning referral fees!'."\n\n".'Your Affiliate Team');

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn´t sure where to post this question, but here it goes.

The readme/install-file states the following:

Then move into the Affiliate Section of your store's admin and setup Banners, Links etc.

I can´t see how/where to add text links, only banners.

I am who I am, unfortunately.