• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

Trying to figure out if there is a way to limit the number of text links.

I've simply created a bunch of different banners, where each one is a different size. The description of each banner is the size of the banner. This is a problem when someone needs just a text link code as the part that is underlined is the name of the banner.

Is there a way to manually input text link code so they're not automatically created from the banners?

Thanks.

How well does this work with PHP5?? I have an old and reliable, stable store but the code is from 2003 :blush: so I need to make a new store that is php5 compatible in the next month or so and NEED the affiliate add-on-is anyone using it successfully on php5??

How well does this work with PHP5?? I have an old and reliable, stable store but the code is from 2003 :blush: so I need to make a new store that is php5 compatible in the next month or so and NEED the affiliate add-on-is anyone using it successfully on php5??

My store is from 2004, and is currently running PHP 5.2.5. Affiliate works just fine and dandy.

You have to go to paypal and pay directly. This does not make any payments on your behalf. It simply tells you how much to pay, and then you change the status for your affiliate from Pending payment to "paid"...

I just commented out the text links portion, so my affiliates can't click on the link and see the text links. It would be nice if the text links could be created separately from the banner ads.... but hey, this contribution is FANTASTIC, as is!

anybody can help me go out of the step that "In index.php in the admin directory find line 50 approx", I do searching the answer quite a long time, but can not get the answer so far, could anybody can give me a tip?

Thanks very much! really!

anybody can help me go out of the step that "In index.php in the admin directory find line 50 approx", I do searching the answer quite a long time, but can not get the answer so far, could anybody can give me a tip?

Thanks very much! really!

OK, i think i am really not so patient enough, I found "2.2rc1 index.php modification spannerman 31 Dec 2007" in the addon, Thanks so many good people. THANKS! :lol:

On my site, I'm allowing affiliates to get paid by all three methods--paypal, check, wire.

It would be nice if they were clearly separated on the affiliate registration page.

Great contribution. Thanks.

Hey,

Just wanted to say thanks. Absolutely fantastic contribution, works great (though I had to change the table set up a bit to get it to work on my site). I've broken my catalog list in admin in the process of installing, but hey, like I always say, if it hasn't broken something then it hasn't been installed correctly!

Thanks again. Love it.

osCommerce is GREAT. When it works...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Well done been using this for a few years now.

Just recently we installed paypal ipn and Nochex APC, since then neither payments have shown as affiliate sales.

I have installed the paypal ipn fix but cant find one for Nochex APC

any one got any ideas, i have search this forum there is other people asking a couple of times but no replys.

Thanks

Charly

My fav site

Spend most my cash there dont tell the wife:-)

Hi all,

Tried to search in the 116 pages of this topic with no luck :

I installed this marvellous contrib,

I gave to my partner websites tracking links http://www.mystore.com/blblblabla-p24.html?ref=2

Sale well tracked and registered

but I have tons of clics from all the bots coming from my partners site and the stats are now wrong and my database growing very fast. Is there a way to remove those bot click in the stats ?

TIA

Seb

Osc 2.2 MS2

Hello guys,

I've been through this forum but, can't find any solution.

When I click "start billing", I get "Success Your Affiliates have been sucessfully billed"

but I don't see any names. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong. Everything else work perfectly except this.

Hello guys,

I've been through this forum but, can't find any solution.

When I click "start billing", I get "Success Your Affiliates have been sucessfully billed"

but I don't see any names. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong. Everything else work perfectly except this.

After inserting this:

INSERT INTO affiliate_payment_status VALUES (0, 1, 'Pending');

INSERT INTO affiliate_payment_status VALUES (1, 1, 'Paid');

everything works perfectly now!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I read posts after posts and many sites about this add on, however, I can never get the BIG picture on what this Affiliate Add-on can really do.

Can someone please explain IN DETAIL what this OSAffiliate does / capability ?

What are the features of the add-on?

Advantages of using it?

If you do, I will gather all info and put in PDF so I can share / upload it to the Contribution thread for all references. thanks All.

Can someone please explain IN DETAIL what this OSAffiliate does / capability ?

It's just really high quality, cheap advertising.

Customers sign up as an 'affiliate' using a separate registration form (which can pull details from the customer's account if they're logged in). Then they're assigned a unique reference in your database. You supply them with banners or text links, and osAffiliate gives them the html code for these banners/links. They use these links, which have their unique reference in, and your site automatically recognises where the link came from (which affiliate, if any, provided it).

You choose a 'commission' to give. If an affiliate links someone to your website and they buy something, lets say it costs $50, then they get the commission in some form of payment. In this example, if you set it to 10% commission, they'd get $5 from you. The actual payments must be made manually though (or code developed to make it automatic, as automatic payments are not included with the contribution).

The result/advantage: You sit back on your bum and let other people advertise your site for you. It's extremely well targeted, as the people giving the links away are obviously interested in your products (to be on your site in the first place) and their "social circle" is likely to have similar interests. It doesn't cost you anything unless people actually make a purchase, making this system far better than pay per click systems. It's fully customisable, and you get a load of affiliates to market products to that might not otherwise have created accounts on your website (ie, you get their e-mail addresses).

Plus there's a handy little terms and conditions pre written in the contribution... you also get to see all the statistics: clicks, purchases, affiliates etc...

Known issues (that I've come across): there's no system to prevent affiliates buying stuff through their own links and effectively getting a store discount.

Edited by seb1188

osCommerce is GREAT. When it works...

Hmm. When running the SQL I get the following error:

SQL-fråga: 

INSERT INTO configuration_group
VALUES ( 900, 'Affiliate Program', 'Options for the Affiliate Program', 50, 1 ) ;

MySQL sa:  

#1062 - Duplicate entry '900' for key 1 

What does it mean? How do I fix it? (on phpMyAdmin)

In admin/index.php I can not locate he following code for update:

array('title' => REPORTS_ORDERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, 'selected_box=reports')))),

Is this due to using RC2?

Edited by modix

Keanny,

Thanks for the explanation this really helps.

Unfortunately, just like what you mentioned.

I am hoping that this contribution will someday allow customers from the affiliate site to click on the affiliate product and automatically give them product discounts as they purchase the item back to the store.

This is exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have an older version of the Affiliate contribution installed and am not sure if it is supposed to do this or if one of the new updates have this feature, please read below.

When a affiliate uses a link sush as

yoursite.com/tenis-ball.html?ref=3

Is it possible to let that link come in and have it 301 redirected so that it just goes to yoursite.com/tenis-ball.html and does not show the affiliate code? I want the affiliate to still get credit of course but I am running into duplicate content issues with the search engines over this and want to stop it.

Any help would be great,

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a way that the same affiliate ref number gets assigned every time a customer logs in.

Say a customer creates an account with an affiliate. From that point on every time the customer logs in and purchases something the same affiliate gets credited.

Shade and Sweet Water

Chris Czerniak

trying to work out if there's a 'discount voucher code' system with Osc Affiliate (or other contrib).

I want my affiliates to have a unique code that they can pass onto their customers, which will allow those customers to claim a (lifetime) discount when they enter it in my store. Some of my affiliates don't have sites, so the ability to offer their customers an email code, or a printed coupon is critical, and i need to be able to track which coupon is coming from which affiliate.

does this exist already?

thx in advance for any pointers, been searching for a while!

dave

Have been aware of this mod for a long time, but it sounded so complex and I have a very heavily modded store so didnt want all the hassle..

but decided to give it a go last night and all I can say was easiest mod I have ever done, works perfectly.

I am not using Paypal IPN so was worried the system wouldnt work, but it works fine with the normal Paypal without any mods and check etc.

had a few SQL errors, but went through the patches and mods after 2.8 program and everything seems fine, really pleased with it.

Great mod indeed.

Hi Daniel, are you just talking about a standard OSC Affiliate install or have you modded it to work with customer discounts?

still searching for a solution to my problem...

its not a standard install, but I dont use customer discounts at all..so I guess it standard in that sense. but all working good for me.

found one thing that is annoying, the way it formats the banner means they don't work on myspace.

it loads the link OK, but where the image should be is just ... and it clickable.. so it is an issue the way it formats the image

It works fine on websites and in frontpage with the images..just not on Myspace

does anyone have a fix for this? I assume it is a code change on how it formats the images when it builds the banners?

Happy to pay if someone can fix this.

thanks