• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

When I change an affiliates individual commission here:

Pay per Sale Payment % Rate: 8%

And normal commission is 10%... I look at the Participating Affiliates in the admin... and it still shows 10% commission in Commission column in the middle of the screen... but when I click on that affiliate, on the right side column it shows 8%.

Is there something wrong with my setup or is this normal?

Thank you for any advice you can give me.

Shawn

OK Update. I think it is a bug, or else it calculates different that what I am thinking.

The default settings for commission is stored in the admin under Configuration. If you update an individual commission rate, the affiliate will still get the default commission rate. If you delete the default commission rate, then each individual affiliate commission rate will then be used.

It seems like it should be the opposite, or else it is a bug. You should be able to have a default commission rate, and if you update an individual affiliate commission rate, then the default is ignored and the individual rate is used.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Thank you.

Please can someone assist me.

I have installed oscaffiliate, but the page does not align correctly.

My store is located at http://iland.co.za

To see what the affiliate script is doing to the pages, goto http://iland.co.za/affiliate_signup.php

Until I get this sorted, I am not going to add the links via the colum_left.php

Any suggestions people? This is getting to me big time now!

I am not sure what you mean? In my Apple browser, it looks as if it is rendered perfectly. What objects are not aligned? I can help you out.

Payam

walki-talki.com

Please can someone assist me.

I have installed oscaffiliate, but the page does not align correctly.

My store is located at http://iland.co.za

To see what the affiliate script is doing to the pages, goto http://iland.co.za/affiliate_signup.php

Until I get this sorted, I am not going to add the links via the colum_left.php

Any suggestions people? This is getting to me big time now!

Payam

Ok...I have OSC Affiliate installed and it seems to be working fine....except....

It seems that an affilliate can click their own banner/link and place an order and get credit for the commision.

I do not want people to sign up to be an affiliate just to get a discount on their own purchases.

Jon

Hi folks,

I have installed OSC_Affiliate 2.8 but I can't get banners to display their images.

I have read through the posts about other banner issues, but haven't found a solution - most of them refer to earlier versions of the mod.

When viewing a test html page I see text links, even for the ones that should have images.

If i right click and hit "Show Image" I get

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: HTTP_GET_VARS in C:\Domains\osc22.co.uk\wwwroot\catalog\affiliate_show_banner.php on line 90
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: HTTP_POST_VARS in C:\Domains\osc22.co.uk\wwwroot\catalog\affiliate_show_banner.php on line 91
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: HTTP_GET_VARS in C:\Domains\osc22.co.uk\wwwroot\catalog\affiliate_show_banner.php on line 93
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: HTTP_POST_VARS in C:\Domains\osc22.co.uk\wwwroot\catalog\affiliate_show_banner.php on line 94
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: HTTP_GET_VARS in C:\Domains\osc22.co.uk\wwwroot\catalog\affiliate_show_banner.php on line 95
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: HTTP_POST_VARS in C:\Domains\osc22.co.uk\wwwroot\catalog\affiliate_show_banner.php on line 96
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: banner_id in C:\Domains\osc22.co.uk\wwwroot\catalog\affiliate_show_banner.php on line 101
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: prod_banner_id in C:\Domains\osc22.co.uk\wwwroot\catalog\affiliate_show_banner.php on line 110
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: sql in C:\Domains\osc22.co.uk\wwwroot\catalog\affiliate_show_banner.php on line 121
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant DIR_WS_CATALOG - assumed 'DIR_WS_CATALOG' in C:\Domains\osc22.co.uk\wwwroot\catalog\affiliate_show_banner.php on line 67

I have turned on debugging but don't even get the debug code.

Anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Simon

Edited by spannerman

This contribution has been messed about by so many people that it is a wonder anyone manages to install it.

is actually in admin/index.php around line 50

Vger

Hi Vger,

I loaded the v2.8 and have the following issues:

1. ALL orders are credited to the first affiliate and none of the other tiers

2. No notifications are going out when affiliates signup

3. Banners are not tracking to the right affiliate

4. Can I program the system to set up the affiliate and shopping cart accounts at the same time?

appreciate your help.

mcclaura :huh:

Edited by mcclaura

Hi folks, me again.

I'm having major issues with OSC_Affiliate 2.8.

Basically it's not working. It was mentioned in an earlier post that the affiliate reference is not being retained when a new customer registers on the site, having followed an affiliates link (which are only showing as text links, not banners as per my earlier post). Therefore, the sale isn't being recorded against the affiliate.

I have double checked the install, the codes are correct, the database has all the tables. I've applied a couple of the fixes which have resolved some of the previously posted issues except this and the banners.

I notice there haven't been a lot of answers posted to this thread recently, I do hope someone can help.

Regards

Simon

Here's one for ya!

In affiliate_signup.php - If you click continue and you haven't completed all the required fields, error messages show, which is good BUT the field for payment, paypal in my example, disappears so unless you have entered your details, you cannot enter them if you make a mistake.

I'm assume the code assumes something has been entered, but clearly it hasn't.

Anyone know a fix for this?

I've adapted the code slightly, but it was like this on initial install.

This is my code:

<?php
 }
 if (AFFILIATE_USE_PAYPAL == 'true') {
?>
  <tr>
	<td> <?php echo ENTRY_AFFILIATE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL; ?></td>
	<td> 
		<?php
if ($is_read_only == true) {
  echo $affiliate['affiliate_payment_paypal'];
} elseif ($error == true) {
  if ($entry_payment_paypal_error == true) {
	echo tep_draw_input_field('a_payment_paypal') . FORM_REQUIRED_DEFINE . ' ' . ENTRY_AFFILIATE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ERROR;
  } else {
	echo $a_payment_paypal . tep_draw_hidden_field('a_payment_paypal');
  }
} else {
  echo tep_draw_input_field('a_payment_paypal', $affiliate['affiliate_payment_paypal']) . FORM_REQUIRED_DEFINE . '';
}
?></td>
  </tr>

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've tried to find the list of features and can't seem to find a concrete list. Here is what I am hoping to do, can anybody tell me if OSC-Affiliate supports these:

+Need to be able to track who comes from affiliate sites and actually buys something.

+Affiliates need to be able to check these numbers at any time. Maybe a password-protected page for each affiliate that pulls the numbers from the database

I know it's not much, but it is what I am looking for. Thanks for any information!

Hey guys, I've tried to find the list of features and can't seem to find a concrete list. Here is what I am hoping to do, can anybody tell me if OSC-Affiliate supports these:

+Need to be able to track who comes from affiliate sites and actually buys something.

+Affiliates need to be able to check these numbers at any time. Maybe a password-protected page for each affiliate that pulls the numbers from the database

I know it's not much, but it is what I am looking for. Thanks for any information!

yes, it appears to do what you said...I just installed it myself and am running it through testing to see if it is counting clicks, etc.

Ok...How do we stop Affiliates from clicking their own banners in order to get a discount????

You set the $$ threshold a bit high, so if they just purchase something, they won't get a commission until total commissions exceed a certain amount.

For example, you set your rules for your affiliate program, and one may be that you don't pay out commissions until they've accrued $25 in commission (or whatever) works so that it takes several "average" orders before they cross the threshold.

You can also stipulate in your terms of your affiliate agreement that affiliates can not earn commissions on their own purchases.

I think the likelihood that a REAL affiliate does this is remote... and you simply cancel their affiliate account and not pay them out.. no loss because they obv. weren't signing up to be a REAL affiliate anyway.

I wouldn't worry about it to much though..

I've already had 2 affiliates do this.

I think they do not realize that a cookie is set for 2 days after they click their own banner on their site.

Wow.. that's odd. I would send them an email letting them know that they won't get credit for their own purchases (unless you don't care and have your threshold set higher than $10 or so)

But, you do have your payment out threshold set at a decent amount, right?

I am having an issue using 2.8 version of this.

I followed the instructions that came with the compilation I downloaded and am having some issues.

On the Summary Page I have the following information:

Number of Affiliates: 4

Total Banner Impressions: [?] 4 Total Affiliate Visits: [?] 238

Total Affiliate Transactions: [?] 0 Conversion: [?] 0%

Total Affiliate Sales: [?] $0.00 Average Affiliate Sale: [?] $0.00

Default Commission Rate: [?] 40 % Total Affiliate Commission : [?] $0.00

Basically everything that says 0 shouldn't say zero.

When I hit sales I get the following information:

Steve Bailey 02/25/2008 0 $59.95 50.00% $29.98 Deleted (Admin)

Gary Marsh 02/23/2008 0 $59.95 40.00% $23.98 Deleted (Admin)

Jim Earls 02/17/2008 0 $119.90 40.00% $47.96 Deleted (Admin)

In the Status it shows Deleted (Admin) even though I havent deleted anything. I tried looking at the code but couldnt figure out where it was getting this information from to fix it.

Anyone have a fix for these issues? None of my affiliates have gotten back to me on a request to see if it shows anything to them in their affiliate login section (is that even programmed in, in 2.8?).

Someone help me please!

Sincerely,

Super Noob aka ymikilnu

I am having an issue using 2.8 version of this.

I followed the instructions that came with the compilation I downloaded and am having some issues.

On the Summary Page I have the following information:

Number of Affiliates: 4

Total Banner Impressions: [?] 4 Total Affiliate Visits: [?] 238

Total Affiliate Transactions: [?] 0 Conversion: [?] 0%

Total Affiliate Sales: [?] $0.00 Average Affiliate Sale: [?] $0.00

Default Commission Rate: [?] 40 % Total Affiliate Commission : [?] $0.00

Basically everything that says 0 shouldn't say zero.

When I hit sales I get the following information:

Steve Bailey 02/25/2008 0 $59.95 50.00% $29.98 Deleted (Admin)

Gary Marsh 02/23/2008 0 $59.95 40.00% $23.98 Deleted (Admin)

Jim Earls 02/17/2008 0 $119.90 40.00% $47.96 Deleted (Admin)

In the Status it shows Deleted (Admin) even though I havent deleted anything. I tried looking at the code but couldnt figure out where it was getting this information from to fix it.

Anyone have a fix for these issues? None of my affiliates have gotten back to me on a request to see if it shows anything to them in their affiliate login section (is that even programmed in, in 2.8?).

Someone help me please!

Sincerely,

Super Noob aka ymikilnu

I am using 2.6, (just installed, still testing) because anything after then looked like too many edits and none appeared stable. Those sales (there should be order # in that detail too) aren't deleted? I see a zero there, after the date... shouldn't that be an order #?

Anywho, when I go to my affiliate sales page, I get the "deleted admin" thing too... only on sales that were made, but I deleted the sale from orders (not under affiliate).

Under the configure.php file for this contribution, i didn't have delete orders to "true", but I deleted orders anyway.

Now, although the order is deleted in admin, they still show in affiliate (but as deleted).

I want them gone.. poof. they never existed. (they were test orders anyway)

Will I much things up if I use phpmyadmin and delete the orders directly in the database from the affiliate_sales table?

I don't think so, but I thought I'd check here with the experts.

Thanks.

Under the configure.php file for this contribution, i didn't have delete orders to "true", but I deleted orders anyway.

I don't see delete orders to "true" anywhere in my configure.php file for this contribution. Only thing I see are mentions of banners.

Where is it???

I don't see delete orders to "true" anywhere in my configure.php file for this contribution. Only thing I see are mentions of banners.

Where is it???

Where is it???

My bad...

It's in affiliate_configure.php under the admin/includes folder

This is what is inside:

define ('AFFILIATE_NOTIFY_AFTER_BILLING','false'); // Nofify affiliate if he got a new invoice
 define ('AFFILIATE_DELETE_ORDERS','yes');	   // Delete affiliate_sales if an order is deleted (Warning: Only not yet billed sales are deleted)

define ('AFFILIATE_TAX_ID','0');  // Tax Rates used for billing the affiliates 
							   // you get this from the URl (tID) when you select you Tax Rate at the admin: tax_rates.php?tID=1
// If set, the following actions take place each time you call the admin/affiliate_summary 									
 define ('AFFILIATE_DELETE_CLICKTHROUGHS','60');  // (days / false) To keep the clickthrough report small you can set the days after which they are deleted (when calling affiliate_summary in the admin) 
 define ('AFFILIATE_DELETE_AFFILIATE_BANNER_HISTORY','60');  // (days / false) To keep thethe table AFFILIATE_BANNER_HISTORY small you can set the days after which they are deleted (when calling affiliate_summary in the admin)

I'm still trying to figure out how to delete them from showing.. I'm hoping someone will answer my Q above... deleting directly in the database. I'm too chicken to try without asking the experts here first.

After you set delete orders to "true" ...How do you get the previously deleted orders not to show?

I testing going into phpmyadmin, and deleting the deleted orders out of the database directly.

It worked just fine... everything deleted, removed from admin, sales, summary page on admin, affiliate summary page and affiliate sales page.