• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

I forgot to add, that there were no files for me to upload to includes/languages/english/* because in the module package there was only one file in there. The only files are the german files. If I upload all the affiliate files from the main catelog dir, then the error changes to the tep_db_connect error basically saying i am calling database.php twice.

Any ideas?

I forgot to add, that there were no files for me to upload to includes/languages/english/* because in the module package there was only one file in there. The only files are the german files. If I upload all the affiliate files from the main catelog dir, then the error changes to the tep_db_connect error basically saying i am calling database.php twice.

Any ideas?

First of all its not the same error, but you should know that you MUST have these files in catalog/includes/language/english/ :

affiliate_affiliate.php, affiliate_banners.php, affiliate_banners_banners.php, affiliate_banners_build.php, affiliate_banners_build_cat.php, affiliate_banners_category.php, affiliate_banners_product.php, affiliate_banners_text.php, affiliate_clicks.php, affiliate_contact.php, affiliate_details.php, affiliate_details_ok.php, affiliate_faq.php, affiliate_info.php, affiliate_logout.php, affiliate_news.php, affiliate_newsletter.php, affiliate_password.php, affiliate_password_forgotten.php, affiliate_payment.php, affiliate_reports.php, affiliate_sales.php, affiliate_signup.php, affiliate_signup_ok.php, affiliate_summary.php, affiliate_terms.php!

You can either copy this files from german language directory and translate them, or download some earlier english version and just put the language files (they should be compatible), but my BEST advice is to download this version 2.62 or 2.6 + fixes and install it from beginning, v2.7 (I think you have this one) is so bad!

Here is the link: osC Affiliate!

Edited by cunga_lunga

OH I forgot to say you can not copy files from main catalog dir into language dir, because even they have the same name they are different! In language files are defined all text that appears on your pages, no codes, no programming.... you should know this!

but my advice is to delete all from your database that applies to affiliate contribution (delete all affiliate_xxxx tables from your database, delete a row from table configuration_group where configuration_group = 900, delete from table configuration all that applies to affiliate (all rows that has configuration_group = 900)) And start from begining!

Next my advice is for you is first to upload the sql codes that applies only on configuration tables and see if you will get all options for Affiliate Program in Admin -> Configuration?! Than apply rest of the sql code and make affiliate_xxxx tables

Ok, i've tried that and i still recieve the error:

SQL query:

INSERT INTO configuration

VALUES (

'', 'E-Mail Address', 'AFFILIATE_EMAIL_ADDRESS', '<[email protected]>', 'The E Mail Address for the Affiliate Program', 900, 1, NULL , now( ) , NULL , NULL

)

MySQL said:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '0' for key 1

Any further ideas?

Many Thanks

D4

Ok, i've tried that and i still recieve the error:

Any further ideas?

Many Thanks

D4

Please can you export this table and put the code here or you can attach it, if it is not a problem, if it is, than delete everything except for that applies to affiliates?!

D4 you can try this...

See whats configuration_id in table configuration should have affiliate address and try this, with that ID?!

INSERT INTO configuration
VALUES ('  HERE PUT THAT ID   ', 'E-Mail Address', 'AFFILIATE_EMAIL_ADDRESS', '<[email protected]>', 'The E Mail Address for the Affiliate Program', 900, 1, NULL , now( ) , NULL , NULL)

Ok,

I have noticed a line at the bottom of the ocnfiguration table export:

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (0, 'E-Mail Address', 'AFFILIATE_EMAIL_ADDRESS', '[email protected]', 'The E Mail Address for the Affiliate Program', 900, 1, '2007-06-18 23:32:53', '2007-06-18 23:20:17', NULL, NULL);

This shows even though i have deleted all affiliate tables and the row from the configuration_groups table also.

Can you tell me the correct mysql statement to remove this line.

Many Thanks

D4

Ok,

I have noticed a line at the bottom of the ocnfiguration table export:

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (0, 'E-Mail Address', 'AFFILIATE_EMAIL_ADDRESS', '[email protected]', 'The E Mail Address for the Affiliate Program', 900, 1, '2007-06-18 23:32:53', '2007-06-18 23:20:17', NULL, NULL);

This shows even though i have deleted all affiliate tables and the row from the configuration_groups table also.

Can you tell me the correct mysql statement to remove this line.

Many Thanks

D4

Ok that is why you receiving this error. Just to know that this has nothing with other affiliate tables.

Affiliate SQL: makes 11 affiliate_xxxx tables, and insert new data in tables configuration_group (1 row) and configuration (14 rows)!

Here is the code to delete this row:

DELETE * FROM configuration WHERE configuration_id = 0;

I don't know how you make this in your database, because configuration_id is an auto_increment and begins from 1, therefore please make sure you check your sql code that you import to your database, for this field in all insert into statements, it needs to be BLANK ('')!

Hope you will get this time!

Ok,

I've managed to resolve our previous issue, in the end I had to add the config_id's into the script before running it. Worked for me.

However, I am still left with my first problem when attempting to sign up for an account as a test, when i click continue on the affiliate_signup.php page instead of moving onto the next page which i assume is affiliate_signup_ok.php it simply reloads affiliate_signup.php again and again and again???

I think that this could be the last problem for me with this contrib.

If you could yet again assist it would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks

D4

D4, can you tell me what version of this contrib you have? I am not sure what can be the problem, but can you send me affiliate_signup.php so I can try it here? And one more thing, when this page reloads, as you say, does the info you enter stays or every fields is clear again?

D4, can you tell me what version of this contrib you have? I am not sure what can be the problem, but can you send me affiliate_signup.php so I can try it here? And one more thing, when this page reloads, as you say, does the info you enter stays or every fields is clear again?

The information stays in the fields.

where would you like me to post the file?

Hi Guys,

This is a great contrib and all installation went pretty good.

However when I make a new affiliate account it fails to store it in the database. <_< I receive an email with my login name, password and a link, but there is no Affiliate ID and there is no data saved in the affiliate_affiliate table?? :blink:

If I make an order via the affiliates website it does book a sales commission, but not to a affiliate? It does show the orders in affiliate_sale.php but not in the affiliate_summary.php

Any idea where this is going wrong.

I've installed it twice to make sure I haven't overlooked something.

Thanks for the help.

GrTZ Joriz

I am getting the same error

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_AFFILIATE) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bbsradio/public_html/catalog/affiliate_affiliate.php on line 46

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_AFFILIATE) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bbsradio/public_html/catalog/affiliate_affiliate.php on line 46

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_AFFILIATE' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bbsradio/public_html/catalog/affiliate_affiliate.php on line 46

and I also did the entire routine as outlined in the previous posts......

Still can't get an affiliate to sign up.... as it always goes to this:

https://www.bbsradio.com/catalog/FILENAME_AFFILIATE_SIGNUP

So I too am puzzled for quite some time now.

I am getting the same error

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_AFFILIATE' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bbsradio/public_html/catalog/affiliate_affiliate.php on line 46

and I also did the entire routine as outlined in the previous posts......

Still can't get an affiliate to sign up.... as it always goes to this:

https://www.bbsradio.com/catalog/FILENAME_AFFILIATE_SIGNUP

So I too am puzzled for quite some time now.

check your catalog\includes\filenames.php, you didn't add the file definitions there.

check your catalog\includes\filenames.php, you didn't add the file definitions there.

I followed the instructions on the README.txt (and found I had to make some manual edits)

But this one confuses me, as there is not checkout_payment.php in the admin section (and the one in the catalog folder does have the lines it talks about)

as below:

ADMIN ALTERATIONS

In checkout_payment.php in the admin directory find line 50 approx

array('title' => REPORTS_ORDERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, 'selected_box=reports')))),

and on a new line add this after it:

array('title' => BOX_HEADING_AFFILIATE,

'image' => 'affiliate.gif',

'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE, 'selected_box=affiliate'),

'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_AFFILIATE_SALES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE_SALES, 'selected_box=affiliate')),

array('title' => BOX_AFFILIATE_CLICKS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE_CLICKS, 'selected_box=affiliate')))),

Do I include all this on the checkout_payment.php page in the catalog main directory? And do I add the top line to?

This contribution has been messed about by so many people that it is a wonder anyone manages to install it.

In checkout_payment.php in the admin directory find line 50 approx

is actually in admin/index.php around line 50

Vger

This contribution has been messed about by so many people that it is a wonder anyone manages to install it.

is actually in admin/index.php around line 50

Vger

THANK YOU.

I now am getting this error:

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO affiliate_clickthroughs VALUES ('', '2007-06-20', '21:44:57', 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)', '', '', '')

[TEP STOP]

Should I reinstall the database? and then reinstall the sql update for the affiliate module? Or do I need to add this manually into the affiliate_clickthroughs values via myPHP?

Don

I then tried to insert the values via myPHP

and it stated in the cpanel the following: ( which is rather similar to what happens when I now go to the index page http://www.bbsradio.com/catalog )

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO affiliate_clickthroughs

VALUES (

'', '2007-06-20', '22:02:12', 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)', '', '', ''

)

MySQL said:

#1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Access the database via phpMyAdmin, tick any/all affiliate tables, and then elect to 'Drop' them. Then use the sql file that came with the contribution using the SQL or Import utility in phpMyAdmin to re-install them.

Vger

Luckily I save everything... so I can always go back to when I started this Affiliate "trek" (or should I say ordeal....lol)

Um, I tried Dropping just the affiliate tables and importing them again. No Luck

Then I tried dropping ALL tables, and importing the saved database, I saved prior to the first Affiliate.sql import. Then I imported the Affiliate.sql again. No Luck

Same Error as before both times.

Umm, I installed this just fine (2.5a) but it messed up the look of my site.

Take a look at www.retrological.com

It seems to function ok although I have not tested it fully, I am more concerned about it trashing the look of my site just now!

Can anyone offer any help to where i need to look to get this sorted out? Two things:

1. the affiliate is not inside a box as it should be on the left menu

2. when you click any of the affiliate options the site format trashes out completely with graphics and links everywhere

thanks in advance for any help someone may able to offer me

Well I reverted back to before following the manual instructions, and my website works again.

Here's where I am. I copies all files from v2.6 Affiliate package over my web files. I then added the tables from the Affiliate.sql to the oscommerce database.

Everything works except for the affiliate portion.

I am assuming, once I make the changes located here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...AFFILIATE+admin (Oct 14, 2005 posting of manual changes to be made)

.... that the same problem will occur as last time. But I will try anyways. Seems adding the Affiliate pages and database do not affect the regular store files... that's GREAT NEWS.

However, before I go making the manual changes again ..... and running around in circles......

I have a NEW area now in the ADMIN section. Under Configuration I now have an Affiliate Program link (which works), and a new MAIN link called BOX_HEADING_AFFILIATE under the Reports link (above the Tools link). HOWEVER, it goes to a 404 page. (by the way, even when I had the manual changes done before, the same result occured).

Could that be why I was getting the errors earlier? Is there something to correct this?

Someone told me to make changes to the Filenames.php (adding the definitions).... yet... it seems the manual changes instructed do that already.

I am a bit confused.... I really want to get the AFFILIATE program working.

FOLKS... I have almost 1300 Affiliate on an excel file..... and really want to get this working. Any Advice would be EXTREMELY HELPFUL.

FACT IS, if anyone wants to give a bit of their time, we would thank them GENEROUSLY..... we are www.BBSRadio.com, afterall :)

I would kindly offer payment if someone can assist me on this. Please contact me if you can help me out

Take a look at www.retrological.com

It seems to function ok although I have not tested it fully, I am more concerned about it trashing the look of my site just now!

Can anyone offer any help to where i need to look to get this sorted out? Two things:

1. the affiliate is not inside a box as it should be on the left menu

2. when you click any of the affiliate options the site format trashes out completely with graphics and links everywhere

thanks in advance for any help someone may able to offer me