• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

I even modified it to mach my config file which calls to WS_HTTP_CATALOG thinking that was the issue....

No, I was refering to those two lines specifically, not any other lines. Anyway, if you have it working - good luck

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hi there I have installed Affiliate version 2.6 and fix 2.61 and believe I have followed all the instructions in installeng but am not sure how to edit the affiliate information and FAQ. I also looked in admin and cant find the links to affiliate news, affiliate newsletter etc where should they be ?

Luke Williams

Hello,

I'm currently having problems on OSC affiliate version 2.5.

It was working for the past few months. I recently deleted an account, and then tried to create a new one. It seems to register the account (sends an email to the user), and the user is shown the confirmation page. However, the signup is never registered with the database, and thus, the admin panel is not able to see the signup happened. No account id is issued either to the user.

Anyone know what this problem is and how I can solve it? It seems that current affiliates that are already signed up don't have any problems.

Hello,

I'm currently having problems on OSC affiliate version 2.5.

It was working for the past few months. I recently deleted an account, and then tried to create a new one. It seems to register the account (sends an email to the user), and the user is shown the confirmation page. However, the signup is never registered with the database, and thus, the admin panel is not able to see the signup happened. No account id is issued either to the user.

Anyone know what this problem is and how I can solve it? It seems that current affiliates that are already signed up don't have any problems.

Upon further inspection, it seems that in includes/affiliate_application_top.php, $affiliate_ref is only set if $HTTP_GET_VARS['ref'] or $HTTP_POST_VARS['ref'] returns true. However, I found that they both return empty strings. How can the contribution all of a sudden stop working? Could a new upgrade of PHP on the server cause this problem? I tried replacing $HTTP_GET_VARS with $_GET, but saw no difference.

Edited by Arrowhead123

Did anyone get this to work with SEO URLs?

I get this error on checkout:

0 -

insert into affiliate_sales (affiliate_id, affiliate_date, affiliate_browser, affiliate_ipaddress, affiliate_value, affiliate_payment, affiliate_orders_id, affiliate_clickthroughs_id, affiliate_percent, affiliate_salesman) values ('5', '2007-02-13 17:37:53', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1', '213.89.67.67', '18.69', '0.37', '0', '0', '02.0000', '5')

[TEP STOP]

If I have to choose I gonna stay with the affiliate system rather then SEO URLs.

PS:

Can I change some code to get the banners to work with .swf files? Flash is kinda kickass when it comes to advertising

in a test i too got a similar error

1062 - Duplicate entry '0-4' for key 1

insert into affiliate_sales (affiliate_id, affiliate_date, affiliate_browser, affiliate_ipaddress, affiliate_value, affiliate_payment, affiliate_orders_id, affiliate_clickthroughs_id, affiliate_percent, affiliate_salesman) values ('4', '2007-02-23 06:48:59', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20061206 Firefox/1.5.0.9', '127.0.0.1', '160', '16', '', '25', '10.0000', '4')

[TEP STOP]

it happened when

1] when affiliate logged in through his own affiliate button and tried to place an order

2] in a multi teired system, somebody 'c' clicks through 'b's button ... register .... make purchase, then again clicks trough 'a's button and tries to place an order with same emailID [ common ip '127.0.0.1' too would have been an issue]

I get the same errors and I was wondering if you got them fixed?

Warning: copy(/home/xxxxx/public_html/images/my_image.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/affiliate_banners.php on line 74

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/affiliate_banners.php:74) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 202

I am using the latest version 6.1 + fix.

I do see the image in affiliate_banners_banners.php. Make sure that you created a banner for the category to see it in Banner Links, else see Product Links page.

Can anyone help me on how to fix those warnings?

Edited by Howard van der Burgt

• 2 weeks later...

Kathryn,

Do you realise that the links you posted to your banner pages, allows anyone to go directly into your Administration page and change anything?

Kathryn Crocker

SOLD TO:

Duncan Coleman

duncan@green....

SHIP TO:

Duncan Coleman

Payment Method: PayPal (Credit Card / Debit)

Products Model Tax Price (ex) Price (inc) Total (ex) Total (inc)

1 x Autumns Retreat - Modern Abstract Art Painting On Canvas.

- Size: 72" x 36" (3 Parts, Each part me (+£210.00) 0% £385.00 £385.00 £385.00 £385.00

Sub-Total: £385.00

International Chronopost (1 x 3 Kgs shipped to United Kingdom): £0.00

Total: £385.00

Also, about the affiliate contrib....

This hasn't been updated since oct 2006, is anyone still actively developing this or has it died a slow death?

Good questions/comments were made here if anyone developing this is interested: Ref contrib

Hi Guys

Great Module by the way, i have been installing it for a while, but a customer has asked how they link to catagories not the actual products all my test with added there affiliate id has proved not to register the sale, can any one help ?

Regards

Charly

Charly

My fav site

Spend most my cash there dont tell the wife:-)

I just remembered that .swf files have to have a size defined or it wont work so it would be a huge problem to display .swf files if it works at all with the system used at the moment. First of all I would need to get a field for the height and width and then... im not really sure :)

When Im done with the other stuff on my site I will try to accomplish this.

Vger I got it to work linking to catagories

the url is just slightly diffrent.

I created a banner in admin that linked to main store

if you simply add this

&ref=4&affiliate_banner_id=1

that is if like in my case the banner in admin was id=1

just get your catagorie and add

&ref=4&affiliate_banner_id=1

not tested it with subcatagories but should work

charly

Charly

My fav site

Spend most my cash there dont tell the wife:-)

Yes, code can be manually edited - but the code doesn't exist in osC Affiliate to automatically generate the correct category links. It looks quite simply as though there is a whole block of code missing - which was never written.

Vger

• 2 weeks later...

Vger/Charly

Not sure if I am following your category issue correclty, but I found that:

define('FILENAME_AFFILIATE_VALIDCATS', 'affiliate_validcats.php');

was missing in admin > includes > affiliate_application_top.php

Once defined, and categories included in banner design, they show up and the link brings you back to the correct category page on the web site.

Ed

PPL how to change commsion rate? It's set to 0!

One more problem when I click on affiliate, where I get the list of my affiliates I get something like this:

3 Fname Lname AFFILIATE_PERCENT % Preview http://www.site.com

where it seems like it won't read AFFILIATE_PERCENT from database, what's the problem here, how to fix this!?

I tried to change affiliate_commission_percent direct from database, but nothing is changing!!!

And one more thing when I click on some affiliate, where I get his details, under "You get your money by:" I have nothing, is that supposed to be like that or what?

Please I really need this!

Thanx

I found that:

was missing in admin > includes > affiliate_application_top.php

Not in the version I'm using:

define('FILENAME_AFFILIATE_VALIDPRODUCTS', 'affiliate_validproducts.php');

Vger

PLEASE HELP ME!!

This is disaster, i have many people who are on my effiliate, and now it suddenly stopped working. It is registrering banner impressions and clicks, but if somebody buys something it is not registrered and the customer does not get comission.

I have seen one difference in my store... if I buy something and complete the order.. Before these products where removed from the shopping cart, but if the customer logs in later after having placed an order the same products are still in the shopping cart.¨

There is one error I am getting, but i think this has allways been there, even when the contribution was working:

in admin under affiliates>affiliates i get this error:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/beltespe/public_html/oscommerce/admin/affiliate_affiliates.php on line 524

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/beltespe/public_html/oscommerce/admin/affiliate_affiliates.php on line 526

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/beltespe/public_html/oscommerce/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/beltespe/public_html/oscommerce/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Please hep me, I am desperate:)

Edited by celdish

Hi,

does any one know how to solve again SQL 1064 error (I searched forum, but didn't find any solution regardind this particular issue).

Error as usual is following:

[color="#000000"][b]1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '  FROM affiliate_affiliate WHERE affiliate_id = '1'' at line 1

SELECT affiliate_rgt, affiliate_lft, affiliate_root  FROM affiliate_affiliate WHERE affiliate_id = '1' 

[color="#ff0000"][TEP STOP][/color][/b][/color]

But this happens only when trying to delete affiliate, in all other places everything is normal.

In browser address looks like:

http://site.com/admin/affiliate_affiliates.php?page=1&acID=1&action=deleteconfirm

Thanks for your help.

Alex

Edited by alex_rus

• 2 weeks later...

Addition to my previous post,

the error is generated by the following line:

$affiliate_query = tep_db_query("SELECT affiliate_rgt, affiliate_lft, affiliate_root  FROM (" . TABLE_AFFILIATE . ") WHERE affiliate_id = '" . $affiliate_id . "' ");

in the function, which is in file affiliate_functions.php:

function affiliate_delete ($affiliate_id) {
 $affiliate_query = tep_db_query("SELECT affiliate_rgt, affiliate_lft, affiliate_root  FROM (" . TABLE_AFFILIATE . ") WHERE affiliate_id = '" . $affiliate_id . "' ");
 if ($affiliate = tep_db_fetch_array($affiliate_query)) {
if ($affiliate['affiliate_root'] == $affiliate_id) {
  // a root entry is deleted -> his childs get root
  $affiliate_child_query = tep_db_query("
				SELECT aa1.affiliate_id, aa1.affiliate_lft, aa1.affiliate_rgt,  COUNT(*) AS level
				  FROM affiliate_affiliate AS aa1, affiliate_affiliate AS aa2
				  WHERE aa1.affiliate_root = " . $affiliate['affiliate_root'] . " 
						AND aa2.affiliate_root = aa1.affiliate_root 
						AND aa1.affiliate_lft BETWEEN aa2.affiliate_lft AND aa2.affiliate_rgt
						AND aa1.affiliate_rgt BETWEEN aa2.affiliate_lft AND aa2.affiliate_rgt
				  GROUP BY aa1.affiliate_id, aa1.affiliate_lft, aa1.affiliate_rgt
				HAVING level = 2
				  ORDER BY aa1.affiliate_id
			   ");
  tep_db_query("LOCK TABLES " . TABLE_AFFILIATE . " WRITE");  
  while ($affiliate_child = tep_db_fetch_array($affiliate_child_query)) {
	tep_db_query ("UPDATE  " . TABLE_AFFILIATE . " SET affiliate_root = " . $affiliate_child['affiliate_id'] . " WHERE affiliate_root =  " . $affiliate['affiliate_root'] . "  AND affiliate_lft >= " . $affiliate_child['affiliate_lft']  . " AND affiliate_rgt <= " . $affiliate_child['affiliate_rgt']  . " "); 
	$substract =  $affiliate_child['affiliate_lft'] -1;
	tep_db_query ("UPDATE  " . TABLE_AFFILIATE . " SET affiliate_lft = affiliate_lft - " . $substract . " WHERE  affiliate_root = " . $affiliate_child['affiliate_id']);
	tep_db_query ("UPDATE  " . TABLE_AFFILIATE . " SET affiliate_rgt = affiliate_rgt - " . $substract . " WHERE  affiliate_root = " . $affiliate_child['affiliate_id']);
  }
  tep_db_query("DELETE FROM " . TABLE_AFFILIATE . "  WHERE affiliate_id = " . $affiliate_id);
  tep_db_query("UNLOCK TABLES");
} else {
  tep_db_query("LOCK TABLES " . TABLE_AFFILIATE . " WRITE");  
  tep_db_query("DELETE FROM " . TABLE_AFFILIATE . "  WHERE affiliate_id = " . $affiliate_id . " AND affiliate_root = " . $affiliate['affiliate_root'] . " ");

tep_db_query("UPDATE " . TABLE_AFFILIATE . " 
			  SET affiliate_lft = affiliate_lft -1, affiliate_rgt=affiliate_rgt-1
				WHERE affiliate_lft BETWEEN " . $affiliate['affiliate_lft'] . " and " . $affiliate['affiliate_rgt'] . "
				AND affiliate_root =  " . $affiliate['affiliate_root'] . " 
			");
				SET affiliate_lft = affiliate_lft-2
				WHERE affiliate_lft > " . $affiliate['affiliate_rgt'] . "
			 ");
				SET affiliate_rgt = affiliate_rgt-2
			  WHERE affiliate_rgt > " . $affiliate['affiliate_rgt'] . "
			 ");
  tep_db_query("UNLOCK TABLES");
}
 }
}

Does anyone have ideas how to solve this issue?

Alex