• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

Im working on the pay per click issue at the moment, as well as the paypal payment setup and a few other goodies. Once ive sent them thru to Henri to look over i will post the changes.

Im also creating an alternative signup page, which looks like the old alpha 2 signup page, just to keep the module cosmetically the same as osC.

:)

HI all....

Great Mod!!! Good job to all those who have put in their time and energy!

In my testing, Affiliate Sales are NOT showing up in the Affiliate Summary. I have placed a few orders under different Users and Affiliates, changed the Order Status to Delivered, but the Sales are still not showing up in the Affiliate Summary.

Clickthroughs, Impressions, etc... seem to be working properly. Just the Sales not being recorded.

I do not receive any errors what-so-ever.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance!

-R

Im working on the pay per click issue at the moment, as well as the paypal payment setup and a few other goodies. Once ive sent them thru to Henri to look over i will post the changes.

Im also creating an alternative signup page, which looks like the old alpha 2 signup page, just to keep the module cosmetically the same as osC.

:)

Awesome! I was going to manually pay affiliates through paypal :-)

Debbie

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

FYI... I figured out why my Affiliate Sales were not being recorded...

I forgot to add the required code modification to checkout_process.php. Once I added the statements, the Affiliate Sales are now recorded properly!

Once again... Great job on this add-on!!!

I am also VERY interested in the integrated PayPal feature for the Affiliates. That will make paying my International Affiliates much easier.

I look forward to the update!

-R

Hi.

I am using phpadmin to upload the affiliate sql and received the following error.

Error

SQL-query :

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (900, 'Affiliate Program', 'Options for the Affiliate Program', 50, 1)

MySQL said:

Duplicate entry '900' for key 1

Help?

Thanks in advance

Go into phpMyAdmin and browse the "Configuration Group" table in the database. The first field is the "configuration_group_id". look through the entries for this field until you find what is currently using the Configuration ID of 900.

Good luck!

-R

Hi.

I am having problem creating the State/Provice field for the form in signup.php and affiliate_details.php.

Also, I think the admin section of edit need the field also??

Please help.

Hi.

I am wondering if there is a way to use the shop create_account.php while adding the Pay to name field and the hompage field.

I am just a dumb knowing not much about php scripts. I need to get the affiliate setup ASAP.

Thank you

You cant use the customer signup forms as you will cause conflicts.

If you cant wait for a few days then download Alpha 2 and intergrate the changes yourself, taking care to make the changes to match the SQL

However do so at your own risk

Hi Steve,

I don't remember if I asked this or not, is it possible to have an affiliate banner link to a category instead of a product? And is it possible to have text links?

I'm waiting with bated breath for the next release :)

Debbie

(I actually have 5 affiliates set up! And they have links up and everything!)

OK, thanks. The reason I need to link to categories is they are actually separate "stores". Affiliates may prefer to link to a specific category instead of the home page or a project.

I though about creating a fake product to be first in each category, but the shopper would still need to click somewhere to get to the category product listing.

I'll play around with it.

If you want me to test any links, I can post them to my own sites and for further testing email links to affiliates to post to test if clicks show up.

Debbie

I don't remember if I asked this or not, is it possible to have an affiliate banner link to a category instead of a product?  And is it possible to have text links?

Hmm,

if you want too that it up manually:

default.php?cPath=22&ref=....

Should work. You can set up a link to every page, just add &ref=...

Hi, :whaasup:

I installed the "01/04/2003 - oscAffiliate 0.3" module and I ran into a weird problem.

on the Admin said I installed the following module:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1

Which is basicly a way to restrict access to certain part of the admin section with different users/rights. that module actualy doesn't work properly for new added users but works correctly for the admin/admin user which has full rights.

Now the problem with the affiliate module is that once all the changes made I login thru the Admin module with admin/admin

and it returns a blank page....

I have found that commenting out the line require("includes/affilaite_application_top.php"); within the file

admin/includes/application_top.php actualy let me login properly again but now the affiliate doesn't work....

Anyone could give me a hand? not sure where to look :oops:

Qjahe :shock:

This problems occurs from cookies.

If you manually delete the cookie from your cookie director (in your computer) after a previous login asa affiliate in catalog part, you will be able to login as admin in admin part.

This is my problem, too. But I don't have a fix.

Sorry,

Is OSC Affilaite stable enough to use?

I recently had the oscommerce installed. and I am looking for an affialite module to intergrate. Is Osc affialite the one or does anyone here reccomend another one?

Max

I'm using it on a live site without any problems.

Debbie

Hi Steve,

I don't remember if I asked this or not, is it possible to have an affiliate banner link to a category instead of a product? And is it possible to have text links?

I badly needed that feature, I really like to setup some specific banner for some category. Steve/Henry is it possible?