Sign in to follow this  
Burntheweb

Fix for paypal payment received without order in OSC

This is the official thread for the contribution

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5199

Working on OS Commerce imposes a comeback to shop on "catalog/process.php" in order to send mail so as to add in database the order.

And it's here that the problem appears: This comeback is not automatic and even if it will be modified at the Paypal account level (preferences/reception payments preferences on website: automatic returns on), the feedback doesn't work if your client do not use a Paypal account to pay. If he wants to pay with a credit card, Paypal show a link to comeback and he ha to do this step himself.Unfortunately, many people shutdown after there payments without doing this. As a result, you have neither mail nor order in the administration part. You just have a mail from Paypal to inform you about the payment of the order. But you haven't got the details of the order. So what the client wants? What have you sold? How to manage this in your administration part?

Many solutions exist but they add charts in the base and require a SSL connexion or cURL enable on your server which is not always possible... At the end, we have orders that can not be managed through the classical administration. You need to contact the people who send you payment etc...

To solve this problem, you need to force a php process before the Paypal payment.

For a Paypal payment or a credit card payment, a process is forced just before the access of Paypal pages. That is to say, just before the entrance of the client in secure pages, a mail is send; the order is recorded in the administration. Thus, you can what you do usually with "classical" order. And if your client does not pay you can contact him to say that is order is not finished...

With is contribution, you have a 5 minute work to fix the problem!!!

Is there a way of finding the order that was lost, in OSC?

Is there any easier way of solving this problem?

What do you mean finding the order that was lost in OSC?

If you use th eOSC standard paypal module, you receive payment but you dont get an order in OSC, so the order is not lost it's simply not created

What do you mean finding the order that was lost in OSC?

If you use th eOSC standard paypal module, you receive payment but you dont get an order in OSC, so the order is not lost it's simply not created

yes there is, here http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4763

but you wont be able to see additional things like COLOR or SIZE you create , etc.. doesnt show

Edited by pure11

by the way, great contribution!! installed and works perfect

do you know if this redirect only works for people that pay with credit card? because i tried with this method and it works

does it also work with people that already have a paypal account?

thank you!

For what I know, it works for people using the paypal module. That means it doesnt process differently depending on using a paypal account or using the credit card option.

(As appli said, the original bug mostly happened when you didnt have a paypal account)

@sabrina: BTW, did you test the Recover missing order info from DB contrib? I'd like to know which one is the easiest to install ;)

Unfortunately, this contribution does not seem to have worked for me. I followed the detailed install instructions, and the store seems to work as intended, but I still do not see orders in the admin of osCommerce. In addition, I've added an 'order status' from the localization as one thread stated, and still nothing shows in the admin, but I can retrieve entering in the order number, and the emails work....

Any ideas?

Assuming I can get the contribution working, can anyone provide guidance on how to update the redirect from Paypal to go to checkout_success.php instead of shopping_cart.php. I'm still new at this but I'm hoping it may be as simple as find/replace in one of the files?

Thanks,

Ryan