• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Does installing "Purchase Without Account" really increase sales?

bw92116

I had one customer complain that the purchasing process was too complicated. I am wondering whether I should attempt to install Purchase Without Account, to see if that brings in sales from people who don't want to go through the whole registration thing. (Obviously in the long run it's more convenient to have the account, if you are going to purchase again in the future - but try explaining that to some people.)

Has anyone here who has installed Purchase Without Account noticed any real increase in sales after installing it?

I had one customer complain that the purchasing process was too complicated. I am wondering whether I should attempt to install Purchase Without Account, to see if that brings in sales from people who don't want to go through the whole registration thing. (Obviously in the long run it's more convenient to have the account, if you are going to purchase again in the future - but try explaining that to some people.)

Has anyone here who has installed Purchase Without Account noticed any real increase in sales after installing it?

I never really understood the "Purchase Without Account" thing. To make a sale you must have order, name, address, card details.

Whichever way you package it you need the info. The future imo is Google checkout .. not great for we storekeepers but great for the customers.

It seems like almost every web site I ever go to offers you the ability to buy something "on the fly" without actually creating an account. I sometimes wonder if creating an account will lead to getting spam or junk mail later, so I often buy without creating an account. If it's a web site that I buy frequently from, then I like having the account because I don't have to enter the information all over again.

A few of the products I sell are downloads only, and some customers in the past, when I was only using PayPal for payments, entered only their e-mail address and sometimes their real name, sometimes a made-up name or company name. It seems like people want to enter the minimum they have to, and spend the minimum amount of time they have to, to get the product.

I was just wondering if anyone has noticed an increase in sales after installing PWA, because it could make it faster and easier for the customer to complete the purchase.

I'd like to know the answer to this question too. Personally with all the info you fill out adding a password now aday's seems like its on every site I go too. Then again I'm not the average user either. A good question to ask though. Three years ago I would have said YES PWA is way better. Now with the whole ahhhh #$@! another submission page, I would rather just have an account.

Yes I agree with the statement about if your customers are frequent users but does that deter new users??

Lets take a poll everyone answer.

Edited by redbulladdict

Thank you, I appreciate the information. Just one question - how do I change a field from required to not required? For example, I don't need or want their phone or fax numbers. How do I eliminate those or at least make them not required?

Thanks

Edited by bw92116

Thank you, I appreciate the information. Just one question - how do I change a field from required to not required? For example, I don't need or want their phone or fax numbers. How do I eliminate those or at least make them not required?

Thanks

There is an addon that will show it for telephone, optional telephone number. Maybe fax is in admin.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I have not installed it yet, but definitely will. In addition to the link already mentioned elsewhere in this thread (http://www.uie.com/articles/three_hund_million_button/ ), there is a case study from Google about Debenhams (a big retailer in the UK) where they found that 23% of people did not complete the checkout process *solely* because they had to register (needless to say, Debenhams now have the option to proceed straight to checkout without having to register).