• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stop Automatic Charge (Authorize Only)

trick408

Hello,

How do I stop Authorize.net from doing an automatic charge to the customer credit cards? For example, some items are out of stock and we do not want to charge the customers. We would like to MANUALLY charge the customers in our Authorize.net account.

Authorize.net support tech line said we need to do it in the osCommerce coding.

Anyone have any directions or links how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Hello,

How do I stop Authorize.net from doing an automatic charge to the customer credit cards? For example, some items are out of stock and we do not want to charge the customers. We would like to MANUALLY charge the customers in our Authorize.net account.

Authorize.net support tech line said we need to do it in the osCommerce coding.

Anyone have any directions or links how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

I think one way you could do this is to set all payments to be authorized only rather than authorized/captured, but I'm uncertain about this...

Scotts solution is probably the most straight forward. I'd set it up at auth.net.

This is not an option. You can not do this at the Auth.net level. Does anybody else have any suggestions? Just got off the phone with Auth.net for the second time.

I'm not sure why that's not an option... I'm doing it.

Go to Admin>Modules>Payment>Authorize.net>Edit

Look for "Authorization Type"

Change to "Authorize Only"

This may depend on the version you are using... so I'm not 100% positive about it.

I'm using a different payment module, but the problem is the same...

I want to do only an Auth when the order is placed, and Capture the funds when it is shipped. The first part is easy, but ideally, I would like to have the capture done automagically when setting the order status to "shipped" in the admin panel. I'm not a good enough PHP programmer to figure out all the details - has someone implemented something similar yet?

• 2 weeks later...

If you are using the new module, then the documentation says:

Transaction Method

The transaction method to use for payment transactions.

The Authorization method only authorizes the transaction and must be captured through the Authorize.net Merchant Interface.

The Capture method instantly transfers the funds to your account.