• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

following error. Access denied

urbanegos

There was a problem connecting to the database server. The following error had occured:

Access denied for user '*****'@'ragnell.blacknight.ie' (using password: YES)

Please verify the connection parameters and try again.

i just dont understand

i have used my database php admin info and my ftp info and still it wont allow me to connect on install

can anyone help get me past this as the rest i can do myself as this is my 2nd oscommerce store

thanks in advance

julie

Are they both on the same server?

Its a problem with your configure.php on the dtatbase section.

Or are you trying to connect to another site's database?

If so you need to add it as a wildcard on the SQL section of the host site, and add the IP number in the place of localhost

Regards

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

Are they both on the same server?

Its a problem with your configure.php on the dtatbase section.

Or are you trying to connect to another site's database?

If so you need to add it as a wildcard on the SQL section of the host site, and add the IP number in the place of localhost

Regards

Nic

hi

both my os commerce shops are on the same server but nder different domain names. Is this going to be a problem? I can see the files on my ctrl panel and when i go in through www.urbanegos.org/oscommerce but not when i try to install to get an admin

i am v v frustrated

can you explain further

best wishes

julie

if you can access phpMyAdmin using the same user name & pw, then it is more nlikely you got the database server name wrong. Try to log in phpMyAdmin again and you should be able to see the name of your db server there once logged in, normally it is called localhost or 127.0.0.1. Your host should have given you this information.

Ken

There was a problem connecting to the database server. The following error had occured:

i just dont understand

i have used my database php admin info and my ftp info and still it wont allow me to connect on install

can anyone help get me past this as the rest i can do myself as this is my 2nd oscommerce store

thanks in advance

julie

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

i just dont understand

thanks in advance

julie

hi everyone that helped. This was the problem:

local host=

database user name=

password=

databename=

Like a complete potatoe head! ( no disrespect to potatoes of any variety) I actually never wrote LOCAL HOST. I wrote my web address so after uploading and loading 7 times, i accidently & out of frustration, wrote the words LOCAL HOST and voila i was online!

Thanks again

julie

i just dont understand

thanks in advance

julie

hi everyone that helped. This was the problem:

local host=

database user name=

password=

databename=

Like a complete potatoe head! ( no disrespect to potatoes of any variety) I actually never wrote LOCAL HOST. I wrote my web address so after uploading and loading 7 times, i accidently & out of frustration, wrote the words LOCAL HOST and voila i was online!

Thanks again

julie

Archived