• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help w/Featured Products Contribution

websmartguy

I recently installed the Featured Products contribution (V1.3) and the good news is I get no errors. Although the administration end works fine, the catalog acts as if the contribution doesn't exist. With the Featured Products contribution set to "true" and featured products existing in the database, the catalog default page continues to show "New Products". I obviously have missed something but I have been over the contribution several times checking my work. I cannot for the life of me find my mistake.

If one of you helpful folks out there could point me in a direction that would help me, I sure would appreciate it. The URL for the OSC installation in question is www.topsailgiftbasket.com. Thank you in advance.

maybe go back over the installation instructions step by step and check to make sure you have done everything...

awhile back when I installed v1.3, I could get it to work for me either, then I went back voer the instructions and looked at all the files, and it turned out I forgot to copy a few files over to the catalog directory.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

If you site is not recognising the mod, then it would appear you are missing the needed include.

Do you have this in your default.php (or include.php if you changed it)

<?php $new_products_category_id = $current_category_id; include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED); ?>

If not put it in.

CC.

Found it! It seems this installation uses index.php as the default catalog home page. Of course, I modified the file "default.php" for the contribution. After renaming default to index, up pops the Featured Products contribution just as it should.

The truely amazing thing is that I received so many helpful replies within minutes of posting this question. I appreciate all your help and suggestions and will try to return the favor at my first opportunity.

Thanks a bunch

Joe