• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Text Editor for Customer Input?

JBCards

Hey guys, I'm still on the learning path. One tool I really want, but can't find is an editor for customer input. I have seen it on some shops, but can't find it in the forums or contributions.

I have a text area that the customer will put in a message. I can get that far. What I want is a toolbar or something along that lines that will allow the customer to enter their text, but then change the color or put in cursive, etc.

Is there anything like this that I can install easily?

sure tinyMCE, fckeditor are a couple of the popular ones.

if you take a look at the contribution HTML_Mail_By_Jordi-1.2

it has tinymce installed into the send newsletter function

maybe you can do what he did for your application

Hmm. The problem is I am not good with all of this and the coding. I can cut and paste with the best of them though. I have the TinyMCE installed and can get it to work on my end with the descriptions. i can't figure out how to make the textareas that my customers see use the same features.

I did the contribution product attributes option type a while back. I'd just really like to take the textareas a step further. I checked the contribution mentioned from the mail, and couldn't get it to work with what I wanted it to by putting it in a few areas I thought might work.

Archived