• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN skip direct to second page "Pay with Credit Card or Login"

avail1now

A pet peeve of paypal ipn is the initial confusing paypal screen which conceals the link to pay without a paypal account. Customers without a paypal account struggle to find this rather inconspicuous link ultimately resulting in abandoned carts. If customers can locate the pay-without-a-paypal-account link, a second page comes up with two forms: one form to enter credit card info on the left, and another form to pay with a paypal account on the right. I do not know about the later paypal ipn versions as I am still using paypal ipn v 1.1.2, but does V2.3.3 enable us to bypass the first confusing paypal page and take us directly to the second page? The scond page already allows both credit card and paypal methods of payment. Alternatively, how can code be modified to bypass this first page?

This is the initial page																		   This is the second page

paypalipn3.gifpaypalipn4.gif

dont know how to help but i noticed the 2nd page does come up for customers who never logged into paypal before or never registered I think this is set by cookie
So if a customer happens to have a cookie set with paypal, he may see first page instead of the second. The challenge is to figure out how to bypass the first page whether customer does or doesn't have a paypal account? Paypal IT support have indicated shopping cart payment code dictates which page is called. And that this feature is not set within paypal account settings.

• 5 weeks later...
Paypal developer Community has several posts about skipping direct to "Pay with Credit Card or Login" screen. These posts indicate that so long as a user's browser has a paypal login cookie, the first page or screen will show up. We have yet to figure out a way to consistently skip the first screen.

• 7 months later...
Paypal developer Community has several posts about skipping direct to "Pay with Credit Card or Login" screen. These posts indicate that so long as a user's browser has a paypal login cookie, the first page or screen will show up. We have yet to figure out a way to consistently skip the first screen.

I realize this is an old thread but has anyone made any progress on this?