• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags Category Keywords

carolannjo

Where can I change the size of the Keyword box in the Header Tags Controller mod? The Categories Description box is a nice size, but the Keyword box is so small it is difficult to edit or check the contents.

Thanks,

Carol Ann

It would depend on which one you want to change. The files to edit would be admin/categories.php and admin/header_tags_english.php.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It would depend on which one you want to change. The files to edit would be admin/categories.php and admin/header_tags_english.php.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Yes, I looked in those files and I'm sure it is there.

This is what I want to do. When you edit a Category (in the Admin panel), there are a number of information boxes: Category Name, Category Image, etc. I want to change the size of the box to enter keywords (Header Tags Category Keywords). Only the Header Tags Category Description is large enought to enter keywords.

Hope that clears it up.

Thanks,

Carol Ann

On this same subject, any idea why the contents of the HTC boxes in the Admin categories section are gone if you go back to edit them?

So, whenever you try to change any keywords, titles, etc. you have to recreate everything instead of just being able to make a small chanage.

Thanks,

Carol Ann

I want to change the size of the box to enter keywords
The title description and keywords uses an input field while the description uses a textarea. The code in admin/categories.php (neat the bottom) would have to be edited to make the keywords use a text area.
On this same subject, any idea why the contents of the HTC boxes in the Admin categories section are gone if you go back to edit them?
That is usuallu because a mistake was made with the changes for the categories file. Try using the included one to see if the problem goes away.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The title description and keywords uses an input field while the description uses a textarea. The code in admin/categories.php (neat the bottom) would have to be edited to make the keywords use a text area.That is usuallu because a mistake was made with the changes for the categories file. Try using the included one to see if the problem goes away.

Jack

Thanks very much Jack. I was able to fix both problems.

You're the man!

Something I have found useful in finding problems is the WinMerge program which you can download at http://winmerge.org/ and two other programs for general editing are the HTML-Kit and the PHP Expert Editor both of which can be downloaded free.

I also found FTP Voyager to replace FrontPage as an editor and I am very happy with this as well.

Hopes this helps someone else.

Carol Ann