• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding Displayed Text

CatDadRick

I'm trying to change the displayed text of a payment module, but nothing seems to work. This is a minor cosmetic change and not specific to the module.

The module currently displays a single line of text

PayPal IPN

I want to change this to read

PayPal IPN

Use this payment method for all Credit and Debit Card payments

I want this on 2 lines and that's where I'm having trouble.

I've made the following modification to catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypalipn.php...

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_TEXT_TITLE', 'PayPal IPN' . "\n" . '(Choose this payment method for ALL Credit and Debit Card purchases)');

But that didn't work. I've also tried

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_TEXT_TITLE', 'PayPal IPN \n (Choose this payment method for ALL Credit and Debit Card purchases)');

That too didn't work. How can I split the line of text at a specific point?

Thanks,

CatDad

Nevermind,

I found my answer.

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_TEXT_TITLE', 'PayPal IPN' . "<br>" . '(Choose this payment method for ALL Credit and Debit Card purchases)');

Just replaced the "\n" with "<br>".

Thanks,

CatDad

I'm trying to change the displayed text of a payment module, but nothing seems to work. This is a minor cosmetic change and not specific to the module.

The module currently displays a single line of text

I want to change this to readI want this on 2 lines and that's where I'm having trouble.

I've made the following modification to catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypalipn.php...

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_TEXT_TITLE', 'PayPal IPN' . "\n" . '(Choose this payment method for ALL Credit and Debit Card purchases)');

But that didn't work. I've also tried

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_TEXT_TITLE', 'PayPal IPN \n (Choose this payment method for ALL Credit and Debit Card purchases)');

That too didn't work. How can I split the line of text at a specific point?

Thanks,

CatDad

CatDad,

I have some defines I made for my footer that are quite long. I just used a <BR> in the place I want a line break and it worked for me.

Tim

You beat me by mere seconds. LOL

CatDad,

I have some defines I made for my footer that are quite long. I just used a <BR> in the place I want a line break and it worked for me.

Tim

You beat me by mere seconds. LOL

Tim,

Thanks for your reply.

I realized the answer to my question right about when I pressed Post.

CatDad

Archived