• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding New Pages

wargaming

Hi all, have just made a new page in the info box (about us) page managed to get the page to link up but when I enter the page I get this error

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/about_us.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: 
No such file or directory in /var/www/html/store/about_us.php on line 15

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/about_us.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: 
No such file or directory in /var/www/html/store/about_us.php on line 15

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/about_us.php' 
(include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/store/about_us.php on line 15

and just cant see what i've done wrong any fresh ideas would be great feel like i'm just going over the same stuff :'(

Thanks for any help

To create a new page you should first copy one of your other pages, I would suggest conditions.php, rename the file to say aboutus.php and then you need to open this file and find the following lines

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CONDITIONS);
 $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS));

Replace CONDITIONS with your new page title so for example ABOUTUS

You then need to go onto your includes folder and open filenames.php and add a new line like the following

define('FILENAME_ABOUTUS', 'aboutus.php');

Now you need to go into your includes/languages/english/ folder and copy the conditions.php page and rename the copy to aboutus.php and this will now work without a problem.

yep thats what I did and still same error when I open page thats why I cant figure it out nice and easy process that I seem to have broken :huh:

Did you use ABOUT_US or ABOUTUS when you edited, and is there an appropriate file in the languages/english directory?

Hi, I used ABOUT_US when I first created the page but changed it all over to ABOUTUS after I read this thread and files were named relevant to name at time.

Thanks aus girl i'll take a look think I may be best off just deleting work done so far and trying afresh may have been lack of sleep inducing mistakes.

Thanks all for the help and posts :thumbsup:

Hi, I used ABOUT_US when I first created the page but changed it all over to ABOUTUS after I read this thread and files were named relevant to name at time.

Thanks aus girl i'll take a look think I may be best off just deleting work done so far and trying afresh may have been lack of sleep inducing mistakes.

Thanks all for the help and posts :thumbsup:

Try THIS MOD. It's exactly what you're looking for.

Archived