• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to get the nice picture for my product?

sunzhoujian

I am sorry if this is not the right place to ask this question. I admire those huge websites(amazon and etc). Those pictures there are perfect. I have digital camera. However, how can I make that nice pictures? Should I put the stuff to totally white background and then took picture? Could you give me some of your tips?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Use a plain, contrasting background. If you have small products, have the background be continuous from bottom to back, ie curve it up the wall, not fold it. Set up a nice photo booth type thing with proper lighting. The best thing to do is to experiment with lighting and camera settings until you get it just the way you want. Mark the spots for the lights and product, write down the camera settings and duplicate them next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of those photos are taken by professionals with equipments that may be beyond a typical user.

That said, you can pick up tips from photography forums and sites, a good book may also help. Skill is much more important than the camera. A digital point-and-shoot in a skilled person can produce better result than a digital SLR in a novice.

Alot also depends on the type products you are taking. Maybe you can show some example of your items and people might be able to give better suggestions.

If you have small products, you might want to try this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PHOTO-STUDIO-IN-A-...1QQcmdZViewItem

There are a ton of these on eBay. (I am not affiliated with any of these companies, so buy at your own risk.)

Adrienne

I think I'm going to pick up one of these today. If I do, I'll post some pictures so others can see how they turned out.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't use the flash that comes with the camera, always use a separate light source. The reason being while the flash on a camera can be handy it makes the image look flat. So for products you can get a lot more dimension with a separate light source. If you don't have a decent light source and its sunny you can always use the sun with some white card and touch it up in photoshop or the gimp later on to fine tune your image.

All else fails you supplier can sometimes offer images if you ask nicely which are perfectly good photos but since there will more than likely be people using them already try to get your own photos.

Archived