• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attributes Sorter Install Gone Bad

Tarnadair

Ran into a problem after installing Linda's Attributes Sorter v 4.0. Somehow I bungled the installation of it I think and need maybe to be pointed in the right direction.

Quick description of what I did and the results.

I've been keeping my code pretty much up to date with the cvs and my trusty Merge software. (It was current roughly a week ago.) Before I went to merge her changes with mine I merged the changes from cvs into her code to bring it up current with mine.

After merging the result into mine (previously successfully bigimage, header tag controller, and header admin modified), putting the new table in the database, etc. I come up with the following error. :?

On product_info.php (and seemingly only that one) I get a parse error on the last line (when it calls application_bottom.php or on the blank line after if I save it with a carriage return).

I suspect it's an error in my code on admin/categories.php or admin/products_attributes.php. The merges were a bit of a bear with the previously installed mods. :shock:

Any suggestions or pointers on what I might be looking for?

Thanks in advance for any guidance anyone can give me :)

Roy

If the error is coming when you are on product_info.php ... I would suspect it is on the catelog side not the admin side ... :shock:

Do you have a URL I can peek at? Makes it a tad easier to debug things I write if I can see it broke.

I had not tried the Attribute v4.0 with the new snapshots ... so this could be fun.

I have re-written it for Quantity Controller v5.2, with a hand from David on getting out an ikky nasty bug ... thank you kindly David for the hand :wink:

Meanwhile ... back at the outhouse things are piling up ... er ... ummm ... where was I? :?

Oh, yes ... getting back to the error ... have a URL?

>>If the error is coming when you are on product_info.php ... I would suspect it is on the catelog side not the admin side<<

Ehhe, nods, I was just kinda realizing that was probably the case after thinking about it ;-P :oops:

The admin side looks to be working fine - looks great anyway!

The url is www.amvtwin.com/catalog

I'm still pokin' around. I think it might have something to do with when they optimized the logic, but I'm about a light-year behind you in php knowledge. :?

Don't hit me! :roll:

I just isolated it to "something else" I was dinking with and was "almost certain" that I had verified worked after I did it and before I installed the sorter :shock:

*Bonks self on head*

Thanks for lookin' though!

*sheepishly slinks out*

Seriously, thanks tho!

I had removed the code that puts in the "reviews" button and code, the "This product was added" text :sleepy: and, if I remember correctly something else I didn't want right in that area.

I thought I had checked it yesterday after I removed each one in succession :oops: I guess I got happy 'cause I got away with the first couple!

Wierd, cause the parse error came on the very last line.

I'm learnin'!