• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS XML

notubes_pete

i just got errors reading

This module supports only xpci version 1.0001 of the UPS Rates Interface. Please contact the webmaster for additional assistance.

If you prefer to use ups as your shipping method, please contact NoTubes.com via

i have not changed anything on my end. Did ups change something for the new year?

This module supports only xpci version 1.0001 of the UPS Rates Interface. Please contact the webmaster for additional assistance.

If you prefer to use ups as your shipping method, please contact NoTubes.com via

i have not changed anything on my end. Did ups change something for the new year?

The contribution thread is somewhere else....

The time and transit uses 1.0002 but the newer modules don't look for the version because the differences are very minor. Rates and Services on the test server still uses 1.0001 but the production server is down and triggers this xpci version error. The actual message was:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Weblogic Bridge Message
</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<H2>Failure of server APACHE bridge:</H2><P>
<hr>No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF.
<hr><BR><B>Build date/time:</B> <I>Dec  4 2006 15:11:28</I>
<P><HR><B>Change Number:</B> <I>871803</I>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Nothing we can do really.

I have the same problem. Not getting any prices for shipping UPS. Nothing was changed at my end. Hope there is someone who can HELP.

Thanks

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

I'm running version 1.2.4 of the module, and I found that just changing a variable in catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php resolved my problem.

It's line 75 in my file, and reads as follows:

$this->xpci_version = '1.0001';

Changing that to this:

$this->xpci_version = '1.0002';

solved the problem for me. I can't claim that this will work for everyone or that it is the proper way to address this issue, but it got us back up and running and able to take orders. If anyone else understands the issue better, I'd like to hear about it, but hopefully this change can be a band-aid for those whose sites aren't functioning right now.

FYI - got this email from UPS since I was bitching about negotiated rates not working:

[ ... ]UPS had a major enterprise release

over the holiday weekend which affected the availability of the ABR

component. We believe the problems you encountered this weekend are due

to the downtime experienced by ABR. Additionally, we have also

experienced some intermittent issues concerning ABR today. This is

currently being investigated. [ ... ]

Even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room.

• 10 months later...

I didn't check how long this post has been dead, -but I cannot seem to shake this problem for 4 days of work. i've poured through every single page of the articles, i've tried all the fixes, i've triple checked my installation procedure, using 1.3.5, and osC rc2a. and i did make some modifications to some of the files, which i've restored.

i simply cannot get rid of this "This module supports only xpci version 1.0001 of the UPS Rates Interface. Please contact the webmaster for additional assistance.

If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact ____________ via Email."

it is nuts, i can see many people writing about other issues, but it does not matter what i do, every single time i enter the checkout, this error occurs.

any ideas? any theories?? i'll take anything.

thanks in advance.