• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW Currency Products change

steliart

All my store it was set in CY pounds (default) and Euro was the second currency.

Now we have change into EUROS (new default currency).

My question is:

All my products were originally priced directly in CY pounds, now the New products arriving should be priced directly into EUROS. So how can I change all previous products from pounds to euros?

Thank you

Stelios

Love & Light

All my store it was set in CY pounds (default) and Euro was the second currency.

Now we have change into EUROS (new default currency).

My question is:

All my products were originally priced directly in CY pounds, now the New products arriving should be priced directly into EUROS. So how can I change all previous products from pounds to euros?

Thank you

Stelios

I am referring for the price of new products in ADMIN

thanks

Love & Light

I'd install East Populate, download the products change the product price in that file and then upload it.

Sounds so easy but will probably take over an hour.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

I'd install East Populate, download the products change the product price in that file and then upload it.

Thank you!

I will try this

Love & Light

I had a look in Easy Populate and what will do it alows me to change the price to a new price, but won't this new price get automatically converted again and be wrong? Because if i create a new product and put the price in euros then it looks at this price as if is in pounds and converts it again to euros.

Can you advice

thank you

Love & Light

This one is not easy to fix.

First of all you must make Euros (EUR) your default currency in osC Admin. This will mess up all of your prices, but it cannot be avoided.

Then you need to edit all of the product prices to the new Euro prices. If you have already done this using Easy Populate then you should reload it after making Euros the default currency.

If you have not yet done all of your prices in Easy Populate then you may as well change them one at a time in the osCommerce admin panel.

Vger

Sorry, once again must engage brain.

Change the default currency to Euros, conversion rate to 1.0000.

Edit the CYP conversion rate to be to euros.

Check through paypal and paypal parameters in admin and set to euros as appropriate.

I think there was a default currency in the paypal.php code that needs to be changed aswell. Normally it is set to usd.

This assumes there are no historical orders in the system.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

This one is not easy to fix.

First of all you must make Euros (EUR) your default currency in osC Admin. This will mess up all of your prices, but it cannot be avoided.

Then you need to edit all of the product prices to the new Euro prices. If you have already done this using Easy Populate then you should reload it after making Euros the default currency.

If you have not yet done all of your prices in Easy Populate then you may as well change them one at a time in the osCommerce admin panel.

Vger

Thank you

Love & Light

Sorry, once again must engage brain.

Change the default currency to Euros, conversion rate to 1.0000.

Edit the CYP conversion rate to be to euros.

Check through paypal and paypal parameters in admin and set to euros as appropriate.

I think there was a default currency in the paypal.php code that needs to be changed aswell. Normally it is set to usd.

This assumes there are no historical orders in the system.

Thank you

Love & Light

Archived