• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v2.3.3 For 2.2MS2 ! ORDER PROBLEM !

I've installed this onto 2 websites owned by my clients, both times most of the orders fail. Take for example one of my clients in the last 7 days has had 9 people go through checkout and go to PayPal but only 3 has ended up paying!

I have tried 2 other PayPal IPN modules but they still produce the same error.

Has anyone else had the same problems? If anyone has PayPal IPN files which rarely produce the order failing would it be possible to send them to me for me to check if it is the files or just the customers!?

well if with rc1 its happening You need to chek whether the IPN file is getting the IPN from Paypal.

Place some write to file code and chek.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

I've installed this onto 2 websites owned by my clients, both times most of the orders fail. Take for example one of my clients in the last 7 days has had 9 people go through checkout and go to PayPal but only 3 has ended up paying!

I have tried 2 other PayPal IPN modules but they still produce the same error.

From what Vger has said, the paypal ipn that comes with RC1 is buggy.

This might not be what you want, but I have installed the pending order email contibution. What it does for me is that when someone gets to the checkout confirmation page, I get an email that contains the order details.

Am sorry but looking at the replies I haven't explained right. I have got PayPal IPN installed and its working, when someone clicks confirm order my clients gets the order through the admin section without a problem but they are just not continuing to pay, only 3 out of 9 has paid, all the orders are being recorded no problem.

The client who is using the RC1 version has now gone back to his old website with the normal html PayPal buttons that you get from PayPal's website because the orders were just not being completed.

Am sorry but looking at the replies I haven't explained right. I have got PayPal IPN installed and its working, when someone clicks confirm order my clients gets the order through the admin section without a problem but they are just not continuing to pay, only 3 out of 9 has paid, all the orders are being recorded no problem.

The client who is using the RC1 version has now gone back to his old website with the normal html PayPal buttons that you get from PayPal's website because the orders were just not being completed.

I don't know if this is your problem or not, but I think customers just don't want to complete the order or don't quite understand how to. I have added extra text to the PayPal IPN selection in Checkout / Payment to explain to the customer just what to do. As far as I can tell the PayPal IPN modules work quite well and I have run through a complete purchase with PayPal payment at my store to verify that all is working.

I modified this in catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypalipn.php

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_TEXT_TITLE', 'Credit/Debit Card (via PayPal)' . "<br>" . '(Choose this Payment Method for ALL Credit and Debit Card purchases)' . "<br>" . 'Be sure to click on the orange "Return to Merchant" button when finished' . "<br>" . 'in order to receive your Order Confirmation.');

In checkout / Payment the customer see this

Credit/Debit Card (via PayPal)

(Choose this Payment Method for ALL Credit and Debit Card purchases)

Be sure to click on the orange "Return to Merchant" button when finished

in order to receive your Order Confirmation.

I'm still testing this, but it looks promising.

CatDad