Sign in to follow this  
davecohen

content_type and downloads

I have a store with both physical and downloadable products. Downloadable products have 0 weight, and download attribute.

I ran into a problem where if the first item in the cart was downloadable, then the entire cart was treated as content_type=virtual, even when there were items with weights. This did not happen if the first item in cart had a weight. This got me swimming thru code - been a long day. I already had the little 0 weight addition to checkout_shipping, so figured what the heck and modified classes/shopping_cart.php so get_content_type() always returned 'mixed'. Seems to work great now, but anyone want to tell me why I shouldn't do this, or what else I broke?

- Dave

I have a store with both physical and downloadable products. Downloadable products have 0 weight, and download attribute.

I ran into a problem where if the first item in the cart was downloadable, then the entire cart was treated as content_type=virtual, even when there were items with weights. This did not happen if the first item in cart had a weight. This got me swimming thru code - been a long day. I already had the little 0 weight addition to checkout_shipping, so figured what the heck and modified classes/shopping_cart.php so get_content_type() always returned 'mixed'. Seems to work great now, but anyone want to tell me why I shouldn't do this, or what else I broke?

- Dave

obviously, your cart has a logic error...it should be mixed...you can fix this in the file below:

includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php

it depends on you how to treat the order...but customization is inevitable...

enjoy...!

Have a problems in osCommerce shipping, payment, addons installation, customization or SEO?

Ready to give a hand at once... check my profile for help

obviously, your cart has a logic error...it should be mixed...you can fix this in the file below:

includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php

it depends on you how to treat the order...but customization is inevitable...

enjoy...!

Ok...thanks for the response, but what is includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php? I don't even have includes/modules/pages dir.

- dave

Ok...thanks for the response, but what is includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php? I don't even have includes/modules/pages dir.

- dave

oh, sorry...

it's of zencart system...

in osc, you can find it from

site_root/catalog/checkout_shipping.php

in the header section, you can find out what you need...if you still have questions, please leave me PM...I can help you on this anyway...

Have a problems in osCommerce shipping, payment, addons installation, customization or SEO?

Ready to give a hand at once... check my profile for help