• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wordpress in a Shop

Wow, extremely nice shop. It looks very professional - the images for your products are very crisp, your display of multiple product images is great, your descriptions seem to be very detailed, the presentation seems to be extremely well organized, etc. I believe that this look and feel is very important to making a visitor to the site comfortable with buying from it. And, my guess is that the look and feel of your site will allow you to charge more than rock bottom prices for the items that you are selling.

Since I don't understand German, it took a while to figure out where wordpress really was located - which I guess indicates that it is really well integrated. It seems that the log-in to comment isn't integrated with the shop (which would be super, too).

A couple of issues - it seems that the category images are showing "No Image" - everything else is so nice, that it would be better to just add a product image from within the category to replace the "No Image" placeholder.

Also, to my surprise, you only have 25 items for sale - the way that you present your shop, it seems like it is much, much bigger. And, your product selection should be much bigger to be effective. I also noticed that I was the only person on line (at about 2AM your time) and that you haven't had much traffic based on your click count - maybe both of these informational displays should be removed - because neither is flattering.

Finally, I noticed that your about us section still needs to be completed. The shop tells a lot about you, but it really is an important element in gaining peoples' trust.

Thank you for showing us the wordpress integration, and your shop. Good luck.

Tony

@tastar

thank you for your comments. The shop is still beta so the products are more for testing porpuse.

It is possible to login in wordpress and to leave a comment. It is on the right bar under the Meta point.

I will add as soon as possible an About Us page an category images to give it more complete look and feel.

Regards,

AVS-PROS

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

the site went through a few minor fixes and changes to increase usability. One main drawback is that Wordpress doesn't append SessionIDs if cookies aren't accepted, which yields in loss of the shopping cart contents.

That got fixed by bypassing the osCid and is activated in Wordpress now.

Regards,

AVS-PROS

Hello,

the site went through a few minor fixes and changes to increase usability. One main drawback is that Wordpress doesn't append SessionIDs if cookies aren't accepted, which yields in loss of the shopping cart contents.

That got fixed by bypassing the osCid and is activated in Wordpress now.

Regards,

AVS-PROS

Very good... are you going to create a contribution?

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

Hello,

I have tried to integrate the well known worpress blog as a news system for a shop. Critics and Comments are very welcome.

Main shop page with wordpress

Wordpress News

Wow! I love what you did with your shop. You are so talented to be able to do all of that. I haven't nearly the knowledge of Oscommerce yet to even change the background colour yet! I love what you did. Yet did not find the wordpress part as my knowledge of German is extremely limited. However I agree with the comments of tastar.

Thanks for sharing. Good luck :thumbsup:

Unconditional Love Makes The World Turn.

When we stop and smell the flowers, we can all live instead of merely existing. We spend too much time infront of computers daily and not enough time in wonderment and awe at what we can achieve in life. creating these beasts is both a blessing and a curse!

Believe in yourself as though no one else will and you will find that The World will begin to believe in You Too!

Wow! I love what you did with your shop. You are so talented to be able to do all of that. I haven't nearly the knowledge of Oscommerce yet to even change the background colour yet! I love what you did. Yet did not find the wordpress part as my knowledge of German is extremely limited. However I agree with the comments of tastar.

Thanks for sharing. Good luck :thumbsup:

thx cabachona,

by clicking on the sexond link you already see the full wordpress integration. The Front page shows the latest topics from Wordpress.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

after another few months most of the major issues have been solved and the shop is almost usable :-).

Usability got improved with some more advanced attributes features, cleaner code, standart conformity regarding w3c and search engine sites recommendations and hopefully fast page loading.

Some example links:

Regards,

AVS-PROS

• 9 months later...

whose shop is being reviewed???

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Archived