• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to install templates

ForupDesign

Hi I have a netshop using oscommerce and are happy about that, but now i will make another netshop a more exkusive one and have found a free templates but can't find out how to install it in the system, enybody who can help me with that, I will be great thankfull.

Ann

hi, could you send me that pdf file to [email protected], im looking for how to install templates

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is ridicules someone could tempt so many people to post their email address just to get a PDF file!

from info.template-help.com/after_sale_support/Working_with_osc/article3.html:

A Big thumbs up for this post :D

I purchased a template from Template Monster and although it installed ok I had problems like many with sending emails.

I reverted back to my Fantasico hosted version with the basic template. I then followed your instructions and replaced all the files from the new template overwriting the originals and WOW it worked first time and all the shop functions are still working including the email function.

This has saved me hours of pain, thanks.

Your post should be made sticky for everyone else.

Still smiling :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I came across this post when I was looking for the same kind of help and thought I'd post what I found for any of you who haven't found your answers yet.

After digging more inside and outside the forums, I found what seems to be some good info - at least it seems to fit my installation for the most part. Hopefully someone else will find it helpful.

The general idea on how BTS works: (from http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=272498)

It [bTS] works by splitting the HTML and the PHP code (for the most part) into separate files, and then using a single main template that covers all pages. ... . When installing a contribution, the only thing extra you have to do is make your HTML changes in a separate file instead of the main PHP file.

The details:

http://wiki.oscdox.com/bts_docs

It has a description of how the template files are split and how to install contributions in a BTS environment.

Also, I figured this out earlier, but I've never seen it explicitly stated (although I could have missed it) : The site will use the files in the templates/<name>/content directory first, and if a file is not there, it will use the files in templates/fallback/content.

I'm new to this, so I trust that if any of the above is not correct, someone will restate it correctly... :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
plz. mail me at [email protected]

thank you

Read the thread!!!

THIS PDF DOES NOT EXIST!

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.