The e-commerce.

how to install templates

ForupDesign

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Everyone,

I seen a lot of people that are asking for help on this matter.

I have purchess over $80 in the materials that I thought that are great from Here.They are affortable.

I want to make clear that I have no afiliation nor profit by giving out this link

Also ...free you find all you need Here .I am shure that will help a lot of people.

It help me to figure a little bit more out OSC. It takes time and effort.

Good luck

Adrian

It really annoys me when I see so many asking for free templates, then somedbody asks what to do with it.

Seriously, MOST (but not all ) so called free templates are full of code that most people can not change, so you have either wasted your time getting this "free" template, or you have to pay somebody to help sort it out - in which case its not free at all.

The best thing you can really do is study the contents of the "How do I " pages in the forum and build your own templates

Hi everyone,

Until now I don't get that pdf file and forget about it.

I think better try to search on Youtube.

You will get the idea from there as well about installing templete and don't forget from osCommerse website you will find a lot of informations there.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread amazes me. It's over a year old and contains no useful information, yet it continues. I would appreciate it if some of you who have posted asking for the instructions would explain why you just don't use the instructions that come with your template? Maybe there is a common problem, like not understanding how to unzip a zipped file, that can be addressed here and solve this problem for everyone.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi I have a netshop using oscommerce and are happy about that, but now i will make another netshop a more exkusive one and have found a free templates but can't find out how to install it in the system, enybody who can help me with that, I will be great thankfull.

Ann

Yes please! Could you email the pdf to me too ~ [email protected]. Thank you, Mat

• 2 weeks later...

It is ridicules someone could tempt so many people to post their email address just to get a PDF file!

from info.template-help.com/after_sale_support/Working_with_osc/article3.html:

Setting up your existing shop without re-installing

Ok, let's see how to install our OsCommerce Template on your existing shop without re-installing.

Open your OsCommerce shop on the server and open the OsCommerce package you received.

What you have to do:

1. Copy all the files from the root folder (excluding folders).

2. Copy /images folder

3. Open /includes folder and copy header.php, footer.php, column_left.php, column_right.php and application_top.php files

4. Copy /includes/boxes folder

5. Open /includes/classes folder and copy boxes.php file

6. Open /languages/english folder and copy /images folder

6. Open /languages/espanol folder and copy /images folder

6. Open /languages/german folder and copy /images folder

7. Open /includes/modules folder and copy product_listing.php and new_products.php files

That's it! Let's check the results...

Now you can see our OsCommerce template on your existing shop!

Edited by Jan Zonjee

It is ridicules someone could tempt so many people to post their email address just to get a PDF file!

from info.template-help.com/after_sale_support/Working_with_osc/article3.html:

Quite agree - got fedup reading everybodies requests for help so typed in the question to google and came up straight away with the same web address info.template-help.com/after_sale_support/Working_with_osc/article2.html :rolleyes:

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Quite agree - got fedup reading everybodies requests for help so typed in the question to google and came up straight away with the same web address info.template-help.com/after_sale_support/Working_with_osc/article2.html :rolleyes:

Another website with lots of great tuturial videos -

www.stevebraithwaite.com/new/tutorials/osCommerce/index.htm

Edited by Jan Zonjee

there are no good tutorials on how to install templates using STS. i have looked everywhere. I have tried putting my whole templete in the sts_template/test folder and I am not getting any results. what files need to go where???